• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Major Differences between India and Global MIUI Rom for mi 11 ultra

Search This thread

keneth_c

Feb 16, 2013
Dubai
I flashed Global (IM) ROM fastboot v12.5.4.0
So that I could get root

I was on Global India (IN) ROM v12.5.2.0 with no root from fastboot ROM v12.0.2.0

They are pretty much identical.

Major difference I saw:

1. PayTM and Amazon app is installed by default in IN ROM

2. Red light notification in rear display works on latest Indian ROM (v12.5.2.0) but such an option does not exist in the latest Global ROM v12.5.6.0

There is a notification but it seems to be limited and definitely not the red dot.

Honestly I feel the Indian ROM is really good. The red dot is a plus plus really but I'm afraid root would be an issue on the Indian ROM as there are more fastboot ROM's available to the owners when Global ROM (IM) is concerned.

Xiaomi.eu's ROM based on China (CN) has everything and more but I didn't quite like the MiUi dialer and MiUi Contacts app.
Honestly I can't remember if the red dot notification worked on this ROM.

keneth_c

Feb 16, 2013
Dubai
Size of Miui 12.5.2.0 stable Indian Rom is 3.36 GB.
Size of Miui 12.5.2.0 stable Global Rom is 5.23 GB.

Difference in size is around 2 GB, which clearly demonstrates Indian ROM will be missing many things.
Are you flashing with custom recovery of any sort?

Because of root, I am restricted to the fastboot Rom's. Atleast that's my understanding of getting boot.img from a Rom.

TWRP unofficial didn't flash for me. Hoping the official custom recovery is out soon.

Top Liked Posts