Major S2 Update Supposedly

Search This thread

pitokellie

May 4, 2009
lehighton pa
Was tap to pay always an option on the gear S2. I don't know if it was there before the update but when I tap on it it tells me I don't have an app to use it with.

---------- Post added at 05:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:00 PM ----------

same here, 3g verizon - no update

Sent from my Galaxy S7
I'm on Verizon 3G I got update yesterday I have tap and pay option don't know how to use it. It says I need an app to use it

tedkord

Feb 14, 2009
Was tap to pay always an option on the gear S2. I don't know if it was there before the update but when I tap on it it tells me I don't have an app to use it with.

---------- Post added at 05:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:00 PM ----------

I'm on Verizon 3G I got update yesterday I have tap and pay option don't know how to use it. It says I need an app to use it
To what firmware version, if I may ask?

Joehen873

Dec 9, 2012
philly
Hey guys im new to the gear s2 or any smartwatches at all. But is there away to keep the watch face lite at all times meaning you constantly see the watch face you applied. So the watch is never black until you move your wrist???

Oxizee

Dec 3, 2015
Settings - Display - Clock always-on.

Is the closest what you want. A fully stayed on isnt possible. It always goes to the always-on skin after a while.

Last edited:

obsydian

May 15, 2007
London
My concern with sleep monitoring is the rotating bezel will no doubt activate the watch when moved when you move when sleeping.

I know you have you do not disturb, but that will not stop you activating the watch via the bezel, even in the day if I wear a shirt this can happen

Sent from my SM-G935F using XDA-Developers mobile app

rgt4

Aug 20, 2008
No i cant find it i found always on. But when i put my wrist down it goes to this real faded clock and then i pick up my wrist and it lights up. Im trying to keep it lite at all times and cant figure it out

Watch will fade always. However the look of the faded clock depends on the watchface. Most use standard B&W striped of everything look. Some are colour but less bright.

Jun 18, 2016
No i cant find it i found always on. But when i put my wrist down it goes to this real faded clock and then i pick up my wrist and it lights up. Im trying to keep it lite at all times and cant figure it out
As others have said, what you are experiencing is correct behaviour.

Each watch design has two different 'faces'. One face is the fully featured, bright and colourful one you see when you push a button or flick your wrist to look at the watch.
The other face is one that you will see if you are not pushing a button or flicking the watch, and you have 'Always On' set to true. You will not see this face if 'Always On' is false - the watch screen will power off.

The designer of the watch face can create two separate faces for for a logical single design. The 'Always On' one is minimal and monochromatic to save battery life. It is refreshing at a different rate and not fully rendering and therefore using less power.

There is no option to display the primary face all the time.

Top Liked Posts

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone