Major screen issues after Jan 26 update

Search This thread

akadis1

Jan 27, 2022
I was reading an article about how to fix dead pixels on any type of screen, and I downloaded and tried one of the recommended apps:

Dead Pixels Test and Fix​

To my surprise, I think it worked! I am now reading more about this and it looks like I had stuck pixels and "phantoms".

Have you ever heard of this type of apps? Everything is back to normal... I almost don't believe it. I hope this is a permanent fix!

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
I was reading an article about how to fix dead pixels on any type of screen, and I downloaded and tried one of the recommended apps:

Dead Pixels Test and Fix​

To my surprise, I think it worked! I am now reading more about this and it looks like I had stuck pixels and "phantoms".

Have you ever heard of this type of apps? Everything is back to normal... I almost don't believe it. I hope this is a permanent fix!

I don't see how it could work but if it does, a cure is a cure. Test with ScreenTest to see what you now got.
LEDs respond proportionally to current; more current more light output.
LCDs are different as they regulate the constant light output with liquid crystals which can become polarized causing them to "stick".

Reactions: akadis1

akadis1

Jan 27, 2022
I don't see how it could work but if it does, a cure is a cure. Test with ScreenTest to see what you now got.
LEDs respond proportionally to current; more current more light output.
LCDs are different as they regulate the constant light output with liquid crystals which can become polarized causing them to "stick".
Unfortunately you were right... screen issues are starting again... although way less than before. My phone is under warranty... it's just that as i mentioned before I am abroad and won't be back in the US till the end of May. I will look for a local Samsung tech expert shop.

Again, thanks so much!

Reactions: blackhawk

akadis1

Jan 27, 2022
UPDATE: I ran the apps Dead pixel fix, LCD Dead Pixel Test and Fix, and Ghost Screen Fix. The last one seems to have fixed the phone at 100%. I have been using the phone for the last 2 weeks without any issues.

Reactions: blackhawk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Yay. 90%? Still display issues?

I would ditch those social media apps, they are malware in of themselves🤣
    If I can't excess and use a forum through the browser I will not use it. Especially fb.
    These sites have helped to ruined, harmed and destroyed more lives and careers than you can count. At the best they are purveyors of disinformation as well as wholesale disseminators of personal information.
    I'm a 21th century man...
    I agree 100%
    Yay. 90%? Still display issues?

I would ditch those social media apps, they are malware in of themselves🤣
    If I can't excess and use a forum through the browser I will not use it. Especially fb.
    These sites have helped to ruined, harmed and destroyed more lives and careers than you can count. At the best they are purveyors of disinformation as well as wholesale disseminators of personal information.
    I'm a 21th century man...
    UPDATE: I ran the apps Dead pixel fix, LCD Dead Pixel Test and Fix, and Ghost Screen Fix. The last one seems to have fixed the phone at 100%. I have been using the phone for the last 2 weeks without any issues.
    I haven't tried ScreenTest... I will try it now
    Yeah.... I am backing everything up before doing the factory reset.
    Thanks for your reply
    So I ran the screen test, red, green and blue and black and everything looks good... this is so weird?
    Then I powered off the phone and back on and the green purple bleeding is much less. The text is now mostly readable. The weird puzzle shape is still there.

I guess the next step should be the factory reset?