• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Make G850M rom from G850F rom (LP)

Search This thread

anosis

Oct 25, 2007
SJB, CA
Quick guide to utilize a rom for one variant of the Galaxy Alpha with another as long as it is based on the same processor (ex: G850F, G850M)

In the general development section it is clear that G850F from is used more often than the G850M roms. One of these modded roms is from citymen34 at this link : http://forum.xda-developers.com/gal...anrom-aroma-lollipop-v1-0-16-05-2015-t3109816
and I wanted to give some instructions on how to make the G850M work with that rom by modifying the ZIP file. I have asked for prior permission to allow the modification of the ZIP file otherwise I would not have posted this.

1. Download his rom (currently V2.5) and save a copy in a folder separate for later modification
2. Download the most current G850M official rom from Sammobile : http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/database/SM-G850M/ (it has to be the LP version, currently 5.0.2)
3. Use 7-ZIP to open the samsung TAR file and locate the two files: modem.bin and boot.img and save them into the same folder as the modded rom from step 1
4. open the ZIP'ed modded rom also with 7-ZIP and navigate to the subfolder called 'ozcan'.
5. in that folder are the same file names boot.img and modem.bin that now need to be replaced with the ones we just extracted from the original G850M TAR file in step 3
6. now folllow the same instructions on citymen34's thread of the original rom by using TWRP

Two things that I have noticed:
1. My VM message counter is in a foreign language (not US English)
2. In the about screen the model number is now stated as G850F instead of G850M, however this is just a text not an actual indication that the hardware is now different ;)

Reactions: rp3

Corvussimo

Feb 19, 2015
If I could find a SM-G850T rom, you think it would work on a SM-G850M? Same processor for both, or so say the data sheets. Don't want LP, would want KitKat.

tazco123

Aug 22, 2012
Please make a port

Why you do not ask permission to ozcan to make a port of his rom and compile in a flashable zip , the 850M, has nothing support we dont have any rom whit S6 goodness... PLEASE HELPS US.. SORRY FOR MY BAD ENGLISH

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Quick guide to utilize a rom for one variant of the Galaxy Alpha with another as long as it is based on the same processor (ex: G850F, G850M)

In the general development section it is clear that G850F from is used more often than the G850M roms. One of these modded roms is from citymen34 at this link : http://forum.xda-developers.com/gal...anrom-aroma-lollipop-v1-0-16-05-2015-t3109816
    and I wanted to give some instructions on how to make the G850M work with that rom by modifying the ZIP file. I have asked for prior permission to allow the modification of the ZIP file otherwise I would not have posted this.

1. Download his rom (currently V2.5) and save a copy in a folder separate for later modification
    2. Download the most current G850M official rom from Sammobile : http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/database/SM-G850M/ (it has to be the LP version, currently 5.0.2)
    3. Use 7-ZIP to open the samsung TAR file and locate the two files: modem.bin and boot.img and save them into the same folder as the modded rom from step 1
    4. open the ZIP'ed modded rom also with 7-ZIP and navigate to the subfolder called 'ozcan'.
    5. in that folder are the same file names boot.img and modem.bin that now need to be replaced with the ones we just extracted from the original G850M TAR file in step 3
    6. now folllow the same instructions on citymen34's thread of the original rom by using TWRP

Two things that I have noticed:
    1. My VM message counter is in a foreign language (not US English)
    2. In the about screen the model number is now stated as G850F instead of G850M, however this is just a text not an actual indication that the hardware is now different ;)