• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Make system as rw on android 10?

Search This thread

Fgacko

Oct 7, 2021
Thanks for the screenshot. I can't believe you actually got that command to work :D (y)

It looks like your device doesn't have shared_blocks read-only feature so my script will not be able to remove the read-only lock of your device :(
If you want you can also check your other partitions such as product or vendor with the same tune2fs -l command but it should be the same result.

You must first try to figure out which Android feature is responsible for the read-only lock of your device.
Please let me know if you figure it out. Thanks.

According to your script log you can already mount your partitions as R/W. Did you try mounting your partitions as r/w yet (see picture below)?
Are you using custom ROM? Some custom ROM's can do this by default. Sadly not all of them.

Good luck!

1-jpg.5235933
also whenever i try mounting /system it comes up with this
"mount: '/system' not in proc/mounts

Fgacko

Oct 7, 2021
Thanks for the screenshot. I can't believe you actually got that command to work :D (y)

It looks like your device doesn't have shared_blocks read-only feature so my script will not be able to remove the read-only lock of your device :(
If you want you can also check your other partitions such as product or vendor with the same tune2fs -l command but it should be the same result.

You must first try to figure out which Android feature is responsible for the read-only lock of your device.

According to your script log you can already mount your partitions as R/W. Did you try mounting your partitions as r/w yet (see picture below)?
Are you using custom ROM? Some custom ROM's can do this by default. Sadly not all of them.

Good luck!

1-jpg.5235933
weird thing is, i dont have /product in the location

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211016-094524_MT Manager.jpg
    Screenshot_20211016-094524_MT Manager.jpg
    341.8 KB · Views: 4

Fgacko

Oct 7, 2021

Good luck!

1-jpg.5235933
alright, i have checked every possible thing to use the tune2fs command on there

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211016-100059_MT Manager.jpg
    Screenshot_20211016-100059_MT Manager.jpg
    710.3 KB · Views: 6
  • Screenshot_20211016-100354_MT Manager.jpg
    Screenshot_20211016-100354_MT Manager.jpg
    482.8 KB · Views: 5
Reactions: lebigmac

Fgacko

Oct 7, 2021
@lebigmac if you want i can send you the boot.img or just the rom itself instead of my kernel. Please do keep in mind this is only for G610X variants eg. G610F If you're gonna test this i suggest using an emulator, otherwise can you please tell me how i find what feature locks my rom to ro

Attachments

• boot.img
    22.5 MB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Reactions: lebigmac

lebigmac

Jan 31, 2017
Ok upload it and I'll have a look.
I wish I knew why some next-gen devices are still locked to read-only despite not even having shared_blocks read-only feature...
I always thought shared_blocks was the culprit.

lebigmac

Jan 31, 2017
yeah im using klaxosaur custom rom, i tried the command "mount -o remount,rw /" but on every boot it becomes ro again and the command only works for whatever i mounted it. ex if i mounted it in terminal, other apps like mt manager still is ro locked. how do you know which read only lock is on my device?

Please run that command in terminal while phone is in Android and send me screenshot. Thanks!

1-jpg.5235933

lebigmac

Jan 31, 2017
Wait a moment. Which device you got? Galaxy J7? This is very old device from 2015!
Are you sure you're running Android 10 or newer?

lebigmac

Jan 31, 2017
it works but only for that specific terminal, as i said i can only make files from the terminal

screenshot_20211016-201411_mt-manager-jpg.5434505
If you can do this without error that means your custom ROM is capable of mounting your partitions as read/write by default!
That's great news!
That means your device does not have read-only lock!
Congratulations!
Enjoy debloating your device ;)

Last edited:

Fgacko

Oct 7, 2021
If you can do this without error that means your custom ROM is capable of mounting your partitions as read/write by default!
That's great news!
That means your device does not have read-only lock!
Congratulations!
Enjoy debloating your device ;)
yeah but i have to do it on every boot and can only create files from the terminal, thats why im trying to find scripts that can make it rw on boot

Fgacko

Oct 7, 2021
yeah but i have to do it on every boot and can only create files from the terminal, thats why im trying to find scripts that can make it rw on boot
apps that need to add in / keep having the same output 'Can't create file/folder *folder/file name* to /data,system. Read only file system

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I don't have the recovery log, i didn't try the manual install yet. How do you do it? *I don't understand the instructions for manual installation you said in your thread*
    Alright i've done it, now what?
    problem is, every time i reboot to system it replaces it with the faulty one
    ill just reflash the rom and send you the log file thingy later since its 1:32 am here
    also, when i went to /dev/block/by-name/ i dont see a file or folder called "system", instead it was "SYSTEM" with 0 B
    ok it worked

systemrw: /system is already R/W capable. Ignoring
    systemrw: /product is already R/W capable. Ignoring
    systemrw: /vendor is already R/W capable. Ignoring

Good luck!

1-jpg.5235933

Good luck!

1-jpg.5235933
    alright, i have checked every possible thing to use the tune2fs command on there