• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

make the display stay OFF when plugged in?

Search This thread

ninjin14

Jul 30, 2021
Hi guys
I have an old android phone with a broken display and it would cost too much to replace it. I can still use the phone when plugged into a screen or TV.

My question is how do I make the display stay off? There is no reason to have on when it's plugged into the TV, just using power and adding heat.

I tried searching online, but I keep finding posts how to make it stay on

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
If it's an LCD display I wouldn't worry too much about SOT. The back lighting LEDs probably have a 20K hours lifespan at full brightness.
Turn down the display brightness if you're really concerned.
Direct sunlight is a LCD's worst enemy. They can also be poisoned by solvents. Keep all solvents including isopropyl alcohol away from them.

dedq

May 14, 2015
Belgrade
So just to make sure, the screen will be turned off, but it still works via the HDMI out on the TV right?
I don't really have experience with things you're trying to do but the best thing you can do is to actually try it in practice. I cannot guarantee that your monitor will stay on if the phone is off. Download Tasker and you will see.
So just to make sure, the screen will be turned off, but it still works via the HDMI out on the TV right?

ninjin14

Jul 30, 2021
If it's an LCD display I wouldn't worry too much about SOT. The back lighting LEDs probably have a 20K hours lifespan at full brightness.
Turn down the display brightness if you're really concerned.
Direct sunlight is a LCD's worst enemy. They can also be poisoned by solvents. Keep all solvents including isopropyl alcohol away from them.
The screen already has burn-in and broken glass. I just want less heat and power consumption + it might annoy me seeing the light flashing from the phone.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Seems to cost money
    Can you try it out for me before I buy it?
    I've tried it and it works. The profile would be whenever your phone screen turns on, your phone screen will turn off.

You can find modded application online so you don't really need to buy it.