Make Your Own ROM's With OsKitchen, Illistrated Guide!

Search This thread

Badwolve1

Retired Forum Moderator
Nov 13, 2009
Loughborough, UK
Hi All, this is my TUT with lots of pics and easy to use instructions!
So, first things first.
Contents:
1. Porting A Supported HTC Device That Has H-SPL
2. Updating SYS & XIP
3. Acknowledgments

THIS IS NOT COMPLETED YET!!!

OK, so, Porting a supported device!
So first you need a few ingredients to get yourself started! You need:
1. A copy of Ondrasters new GUI kitchen, You can download it from this thread
2. A Stock ROM for your device
3. A windows based PC with a big proccessor :D

1. So when you have downloaded the Kitchen and Stock ROM, you need to get the NBH and call it something memorable and put it on your desktop, in my case, Rhodium_Stock.NBH.
2. Extract the kitchen to the shortest path possible, something like C:\\Kitchen\, it should look like this!
attachment.php

3. Run OSKitchen.EXE
attachment.php

4. You will see this screen
attachment.php

You need to select your device and stock ROM
5. Click Next
attachment.php

6. Grab a coffe and a Donut (My preference is cream & strawberry), this bit takes a while, it is dismantaling your ROM for the drivers, systemfiles and apps, the drivers are known as the OEM, systemfiles are known as the SYS and the other stuff is known as the EXT (this includes manila, if your on AT&T, tv apps ETC...)

7. Eat a Donut in a happy celabrationol manor, you have got a kitchen!!!
Your kitchen will only cook your stock ROM that you used in your port but we will add to your menu in the next post!

Attachments

• Next.jpg
    Next.jpg
    6.2 KB · Views: 51
  • Kitchen.png
    Kitchen.png
    9.1 KB · Views: 2,680
  • OSKitchen.png
    OSKitchen.png
    5.4 KB · Views: 2,687
Last edited:

Badwolve1

Retired Forum Moderator
Nov 13, 2009
Loughborough, UK
OK, so you want to build your menu up. Now you will have dumped a WM 6.1 or 6.5 ROM, these have given you your drivers. but you want to test out the latest 6.5.5 ROMS, but don't like them. So, Make your own :D

So, a new ingredients list!
1. A nice, pre packed ROM package, availible Here
2. Or, if you are a slightly more advanced user, you can get a newer build from DA_G or Tom_Codon, DA_G is on XDA and Tom_Codon is on HTC Pedia, you need to port this yourself and i am not going to show how in this TUT as i have done it once and don't know if it works yet :eek:

Ok so now you have downloaded your Pre packed OS, you need to put it into the correct folders, so SYS -> SYS, OEM -> OEM ETC...
Now lets start!
1. So launch your kitchen, The folder should now look like this:
attachment.php

2. Select your device and build:
attachment.php

3. Pick your SYS packages, if it is marked as essential, DO NOT DISSABLE IT!!!
attachment.php

As you can see i disable certian things, like ADC, i don't use it as i have no Data Connection

3. Don't touch OEM, these are your drivers

4. Choose your SYS, if you like certian apps that are in CAB form, in the tools menu, there is CAB2EXT, you can guess what it does, i used it to intergrate the Win7 Boot animations:
attachment.php

So click start cooking and your off, Please posst your ROMS as a public release, what goes around, comes around

Attachments

• SYS.jpg
    SYS.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 2,726
  • EXT.jpg
    EXT.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 2,705
Last edited:

Badwolve1

Retired Forum Moderator
Nov 13, 2009
Loughborough, UK
Aknowledgements

I give my gratitude to the following people:
1. Af974 - General solution finder
2. OndraSter - Kitchen Author
3. AirXTreme - Updated GUI Author
4. You - That is if you posted some feedback, good or bad, just say how i could make this better!

Last edited:

bobsbbq

Jun 8, 2008
Cleveland, TX
Ok since I also use this kitchen I will help out a little. Aside from what you have stated above there are a couple of important things you have to do or the ROM will not boot even the stock ROM.

Make sure you Recmod the NTConfig.dll module in Notification Enhancement EXT package.

Also the ConcurrenceMgr.dll module should be recmodded but leave the ConcurrenceMgr.dll file inside the module. This is done automatically in EVK but not in this one.

Ther is a really easy way to port the new sys with a couple of tools and using the import sys function in the kitchen. This way everything gets put in the right folders and is very easy. I will post about this later today when I have more time.

Badwolve1

Retired Forum Moderator
Nov 13, 2009
Loughborough, UK
Ok since I also use this kitchen I will help out a little. Aside from what you have stated above there are a couple of important things you have to do or the ROM will not boot even the stock ROM.

Make sure you Recmod the NTConfig.dll module in Notification Enhancement EXT package.

Also the ConcurrenceMgr.dll module should be recmodded but leave the ConcurrenceMgr.dll file inside the module. This is done automatically in EVK but not in this one.

Ther is a really easy way to port the new sys with a couple of tools and using the import sys function in the kitchen. This way everything gets put in the right folders and is very easy. I will post about this later today when I have more time.

Thanks, Didn't know this as i havent flashd a cooked rom from this kitchen yet

af974

Retired Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Mod
Jan 22, 2008
Redmi Note 8
Importing a new WM build from OsKitchen :

Download one of the build posted from Da_g, it must be a roll-up,this doesnt work with build ready for Ervius Kitchen.
Extract the downloaded build.
Run osKitchen....click on tab Import......and Import a new build.
In the new windows select the folder where you extracted Da:G roll-up....click sort.

restart OsKitchen and cook your new build.

Sorry i dont have a lot of time to make screenshoots right now.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
I guess this is a HD2 and Touch Pro 2 bug only,doesnt happen on QVGA devices with Mega EXT apps....not on my Kaiser though.

EDIT: I did a test and you need to recmod NTConfig.dll for QVGA too.....i didnt test it yet with Native kernel.

Last edited:

Badwolve1

Retired Forum Moderator
Nov 13, 2009
Loughborough, UK
Importing a new WM build from OsKitchen :

Download one of the build posted from Da_g, it must be a roll-up,this doesnt work with build ready for Ervius Kitchen.
Extract the downloaded build.
Run osKitchen....click on tab Import......and Import a new build.
In the new windows select the folder where you extracted Da:G roll-up....click sort.

restart OsKitchen and cook your new build.

Sorry i dont have a lot of time to make screenshoots right now.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
I guess this is a HD2 and Touch Pro 2 bug only,doesnt happen on QVGA devices with Mega EXT apps....not on my Kaiser though.

Thanks, i can make the screenshots. will do it later, probably tommorrow night
Thanks for all your support!

Badwolve1

Retired Forum Moderator
Nov 13, 2009
Loughborough, UK
After I run osKitchen with stock ROM, is it possible to import an already cooked ROM? Or is it not at all possible because of the missing .dsm files?

Thankyou for the great tutorial. (I'm at the back of the class - THE Back-bencher:D)

Hi there, i it is possible but sometimes chef encrypt the ROM so that peeps cannot steal there stuff
You can try, what device are you using and ROM are you trying to get?
Badwolve1

GrantyBaby

Apr 27, 2009
Noob!

Hi people, great thread! I have im guessing a real noob question! think this is the best place to ask seeing as i'm using oskitchen. i have tried searching chefs corner but im obviously not looking in the right places. How can i set a theme as default (livven simplegloss) that i've cooked in? do i need to tweak the reg? if so how. sorry if this is the wrong place to ask. cheers:confused:

Badwolve1

Retired Forum Moderator
Nov 13, 2009
Loughborough, UK
Hi people, great thread! I have im guessing a real noob question! think this is the best place to ask seeing as i'm using oskitchen. i have tried searching chefs corner but im obviously not looking in the right places. How can i set a theme as default (livven simplegloss) that i've cooked in? do i need to tweak the reg? if so how. sorry if this is the wrong place to ask. cheers:confused:

Hi there, i am unsure how to do this, will tell you if i find out
Badwolve1

Hi there, i it is possible but sometimes chef encrypt the ROM so that peeps cannot steal there stuff
You can try, what device are you using and ROM are you trying to get?
Badwolve1

Hi Badwolve1
I want to get OS 5.2.21897 or higher with Manila 2.5.2012 1429 or higher.

Pisca did a release couple days ago. The battery draining seems to have improved with this combination. I just wanted to remove some apps.

My device is Topaz.
Any help would be much appreciated.
BTW thanks very much for the TUT. A great help:)

Badwolve1

Retired Forum Moderator
Nov 13, 2009
Loughborough, UK
Hi Badwolve1
I want to get OS 5.2.21897 or higher with Manila 2.5.2012 1429 or higher.

Pisca did a release couple days ago. The battery draining seems to have improved with this combination. I just wanted to remove some apps.

My device is Topaz.
Any help would be much appreciated.
BTW thanks very much for the TUT. A great help:)

OK, in the rhodium ROM forum, there is a thread with the latest EXT Senses, find your version and download it, if you want landscape pick one from a rhodium, but there are leo and topaz dumps there to (All are fully interchangable!)
I looked around and found an all res all lang build of 21897, am downloading now its in post 12 of this thread

af974

Retired Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Mod
Jan 22, 2008
Redmi Note 8
Cab to EXT Livven cab then source in the folder which name has .TSK.
Go to OEM and search and mod Config.txt ,here is mine:

Code:
LOCK:Enabled
TSK: \WINDOWS\Htc_black.tsk
LOCK:Disabled
RST: Reset