Make your own splash -- HOW TO--requests welcome

Search This thread

Rom-Addict

Jan 21, 2011
thanks to superchillpil and gadget for i can make custom splash images now if anyone is interested. can take requests will try to make how you like but no promises.(justa rookie). if you post a pic i should be able to make into splash.

here's one from gadget

more to come if there is a need
must have root!
place on root of sd card(not in a folder)
boot to bootloader,
You will see
update splash,
Select yes update splash,
Wait, when done
select reboot

TB ONLY!!
HIT THANKS if u like

Here is how i make my own splash's if you want to make you're own

1.find an image u want.{must be 480x800!!-photoscape and gimp work for resizing and such}

2.use the splash flasher program(do not connect phone just use for conversion) to convert j-peg(whatever ur pic is)into an IMG file,should say custom.img.

3.rename file to splash1,(after should say splash1.img)place splash1.img and android info txt file into a folder and zip.(make sure u zip under store setting)only zip 2 files not folder containing files!

4.rename PG05IMG

ucan change second splash by changing png image in boot ani

thanks to trueblue_drew for his splashflasher!!

also solarpolitiks has an awesome request splash thread, check his out at

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1179810

And feel free to post your work here

Attachments

• thunder1.jpg
    thunder1.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 3,512
  • PG05IMG.zip
    750.3 KB · Views: 822
  • SplashFlasher_1.0.zip
    5.2 MB · Views: 1,409
  • android-info.txt
    74 bytes · Views: 1,047
  • htcstocktb.jpg
    htcstocktb.jpg
    5.6 KB · Views: 1,753
  • stocktbPG05IMG.zip
    750.3 KB · Views: 658
Last edited:

Rom-Addict

Jan 21, 2011
Put on sdcard root, go into bootloader, wait u will see update splash, hit yes then hit reboot.

sent from dinc

ryanstfl

Mar 20, 2011
Phila, PA
Thank you very much, however, do you think you can edit the picture a little bit? It seems just a touch grainy, is that because of a size restriction? Either way, thank you very much. Could you make a version without "Rooted" at the bottom?

Attachments

• thunder1.jpg
    thunder1.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 2,178
Last edited:

Rom-Addict

Jan 21, 2011
Thank you very much, however, do you think you can edit the picture a little bit? It seems just a touch grainy, is that because of a size restriction? Either way, thank you very much. Could you make a version without "Rooted" at the bottom?

try this ryan-ur pic

Attachments

• thunderNR.jpg
    thunderNR.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 2,155
  • PG05IMG.zip
    750.3 KB · Views: 182
Reactions: psychomaniac189

chas1723

Jun 29, 2009
I would like help installing this as well. I have no folder on my sdcard for root. In my sdcard folder I do have a zip file called PG05img.zip. That is the same name as this file I just downloaded. If I put the downloaded file into the same folder as the other one wont it completely erase the other file?

WormDoes

Aug 9, 2010
Massachusetts
how do you install this?

I would like help installing this as well. I have no folder on my sdcard for root. In my sdcard folder I do have a zip file called PG05img.zip. That is the same name as this file I just downloaded. If I put the downloaded file into the same folder as the other one wont it completely erase the other file?

Guys, the root just means not in any folder. Their are instructions in the OP and in another post on page 1.

Btw, chas, you want to remove the original PG05IMG.zip from your SD card. Every time you boot into hboot that will try and update on your phone. Best to remove it asap to avoid problems

Rom-Addict

Jan 21, 2011
named PG05IMG so bootloader sees it. U just put on root of sdcard not in any folder, ifu have another file with same name it won't work.

sent from dinc

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    thanks to superchillpil and gadget for i can make custom splash images now if anyone is interested. can take requests will try to make how you like but no promises.(justa rookie). if you post a pic i should be able to make into splash.

here's one from gadget

more to come if there is a need
    must have root!
    place on root of sd card(not in a folder)
    boot to bootloader,
    You will see
    update splash,
    Select yes update splash,
    Wait, when done
    select reboot

TB ONLY!!
    HIT THANKS if u like

Here is how i make my own splash's if you want to make you're own

1.find an image u want.{must be 480x800!!-photoscape and gimp work for resizing and such}

2.use the splash flasher program(do not connect phone just use for conversion) to convert j-peg(whatever ur pic is)into an IMG file,should say custom.img.

3.rename file to splash1,(after should say splash1.img)place splash1.img and android info txt file into a folder and zip.(make sure u zip under store setting)only zip 2 files not folder containing files!

4.rename PG05IMG

ucan change second splash by changing png image in boot ani

thanks to trueblue_drew for his splashflasher!!

also solarpolitiks has an awesome request splash thread, check his out at

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1179810

And feel free to post your work here
    Can u plz make this one. Ty

here ya go.........
    Here is the one I am using, I like my boot screen to be simple.

Rename the zip file to PG05IMG.zip
    please make this a splash thanks

TB ONLY!!

follow instructions on first page