Making Custom Homescreens

Search This thread

jdiddy_ub

Sep 20, 2010
Queens Village, NY
Hi, I enjoy making custom homescreens for my phone and for many of my friends. I have decided to see if anyone on xda had any requests (concepts or suggestions) for homescreens. I use photoshop to make layouts and other things. I hope I am not breaking any of the rules or anything by posting this here. This is not a commercial posting and I am not charging for my services. This is just something for me to do for fun. If you use the team whiskey or miui chats you have probably seen me around. I have also made the splash screens for various versions of the bali and tigersblood kernels on the samsung vibrant.

I currently own a SGS2 so for complicated concepts and alignments I can only test 480x800 layouts. I will however post the PSDs so that you guys can change/edit things on your own if you want.

LET THE FUN BEGIN!

I have posted some of my work/previous homescreens below.

Last edited:

jdiddy_ub

Sep 20, 2010
Queens Village, NY
jdiddyub-S7.png
bali.png
20110724163146.png
screenshot-1320968962885.png
20110301191707.png
hellokitty.png

Some of these layouts have been inspired by other users. I don't remember names, if you see something that you have done, feel free to let me know. I will gladly give credit.

Last edited:

Rooster85

Dec 28, 2010
Charlotte, NC
42576d9a-26be-3953.jpg

42576d9a-2703-dbdc.jpg

42576d9a-271a-490c.jpg

Really like your work..... I'd like to have something that looks that good on my homescreens.... sadly this is what I'm working with so far.

Sent from my Kushed Nexus S 4G

Last edited:

jdiddy_ub

Sep 20, 2010
Queens Village, NY
neon green (quick mock up on photoshop)

green.png

i still need to add a bunch of stuff...im thinking about the icons (let me know which apps you use the most) and im gonna add wallpaper...also gonna think of a way to incorporate neon green colors into an awesome clock

what do you think?

nitinvaid

Mar 7, 2011
New Delhi
neon green (quick mock up on photoshop)

green.png

i still need to add a bunch of stuff...im thinking about the icons (let me know which apps you use the most) and im gonna add wallpaper...also gonna think of a way to incorporate neon green colors into an awesome clock

what do you think?

need that battery bar
what is the name of that widget

Bucika

Aug 4, 2010
Sydney
Thank you!

Dude, great work!!! It's so nice to see someone who's willing to help others!
I currently own Galaxy Note and i would like to have some kind of wrestling theme but SPORT wrestling.
If you need some wrestling photos etc just pm me!
I would really appreciated your help!
Sorry for my bad English ! :)

jdiddy_ub

Sep 20, 2010
Queens Village, NY
I currently own Galaxy Note and i would like to have some kind of wrestling theme but SPORT wrestling.

send me the photos you want to use and any ideas you may have to help me get started

Reactions: Bucika

Rooster85

Dec 28, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Looks good so far! Let me see what the hex color is for my theme as well. The apps I use the most are in the screenshots I posted. If I had to choose 5 they would be Google music, tapatalk, Facebook, gmail, and gallery. I'd also like the dock to be phone, messages, apps, camera, browser. Thanks alot bro!

Edit: 8FCE00
Sent from my Kushed Nexus S 4G

Last edited:

jdiddy_ub

Sep 20, 2010
Queens Village, NY
hey which launchers are you guys using? different launchers have different functions that i can try to incorporate...im working on the neon green theme and the abstract one right now...still waiting on pics of the wrestling theme if you want me to make one

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi, I enjoy making custom homescreens for my phone and for many of my friends. I have decided to see if anyone on xda had any requests (concepts or suggestions) for homescreens. I use photoshop to make layouts and other things. I hope I am not breaking any of the rules or anything by posting this here. This is not a commercial posting and I am not charging for my services. This is just something for me to do for fun. If you use the team whiskey or miui chats you have probably seen me around. I have also made the splash screens for various versions of the bali and tigersblood kernels on the samsung vibrant.

I currently own a SGS2 so for complicated concepts and alignments I can only test 480x800 layouts. I will however post the PSDs so that you guys can change/edit things on your own if you want.

LET THE FUN BEGIN!

I have posted some of my work/previous homescreens below.
    DINIK's "HD2" IconSet

Link: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=591248

some of them have backgrounds, i removed them and made it against a transparent background..also the shading on the bottom is already on some of the icons but i added it to the ones that didnt have it

send me the photos you want to use and any ideas you may have to help me get started
    Hey,

The resolution is 480 x 854, i'm thinking something on the lines of graffiti / techy.
    I am using go launcher ex, my main apps are pro player, mx video player, camera zoom fx and go sms

Cheers bud :cool:

alright cool, give me a couple of days..im working on iSxy's mock up...then after i finish that i have to make sure that everything is lined up properly when he actually puts it on his phone...i dont want to start on another one before i finish the current one...ive tried to do that in the past and it just gets confusing

in the meantime, if you come across something you like or get inspiration from something...link me to it, it will help me get a better idea of what your looking for
    Hi,
    If you have time, can i request a space marine style theme. My device resolution is 240x320 currently running cm7 and ADW launcher. Most used app: basic things like dialer, message, contact, opera mini and mobile, juice defender, advanced task killer.
    Cheers:D

Dont mind making one but I need more info..perhaps an idea centering around that concept

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone