• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Making my first kernel for the A20

Search This thread

thongass000

Aug 26, 2021
No, it doesn't. I also compile another one with originial configs (meaning having no edits) but still it doesn't as well.
Also can you explain why using "make" will finish compiling but using "make -j64" (from build_kernel.sh) will make my pc laggy, skip many errors and not finish the process?

Last edited:

physwizz

Sep 16, 2013
Sydney
Also my device doesn't support TWRP, so I have to flash kernel via kernel manager apps

you can put it inside boot.img then flash boot.tar from odin.

thongass000

Aug 26, 2021
you can put it inside boot.img then flash boot.tar from odin.
Yeah i do know that but it didn't work. I think the problem lies in the image itself. I just don't know what the problem is

thongass000

Aug 26, 2021
Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "../scripts/gcc-wrapper.py", line 98, in <module>
    status = run_gcc()
  File "../scripts/gcc-wrapper.py", line 90, in run_gcc
    print >> sys.stderr, args[0] + ':',e.strerror
TypeError: unsupported operand type(s) for >>: 'builtin_function_or_method' and '_io.TextIOWrapper'. Did you mean "print(<message>, file=<output_stream>)"?
make[2]: *** [.././Kbuild:20: kernel/bounds.s] Error 1
make[1]: *** [/media/thongass000/building/SM-A920F/KERNEL/Makefile:1076: prepare0] Error 2
I encounter these errors. I switch to python 3 and edit python = python 3.8 in makefile. Should I switch to python 2 as with gcc, the same thing happens and I have to switch back to python 2

thongass000

Aug 26, 2021
Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "../scripts/gcc-wrapper.py", line 98, in <module>
    status = run_gcc()
  File "../scripts/gcc-wrapper.py", line 90, in run_gcc
    print >> sys.stderr, args[0] + ':',e.strerror
TypeError: unsupported operand type(s) for >>: 'builtin_function_or_method' and '_io.TextIOWrapper'. Did you mean "print(<message>, file=<output_stream>)"?
make[2]: *** [.././Kbuild:20: kernel/bounds.s] Error 1
make[1]: *** [/media/thongass000/building/SM-A920F/KERNEL/Makefile:1076: prepare0] Error 2
I encounter these errors. I switch to python 3 and edit python = python 3.8 in makefile. Should I switch to python 2 as with gcc, the same thing happens and I have to switch back to python 2
and it's also asking for aarch64-linux-gnu-gcc :)

Top Liked Posts