• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Man this outer screen micro scratches easily

Search This thread

bs3pro

Jul 24, 2020
The front glass is same as any other Samsung phone. You probably scratched the screen protector.

Last edited by a moderator:

whatwhatster

Oct 1, 2013
Wow didn't know there was one on the front screen. I took off the protective film that covers the whole phone didn't notice the screen protector on the front tho

Lol.

It really is a good quality protector in combination with a good bumper case.

My S20u had minimal scratches in 8/9 months use, S21u had zero scratches in 6 months use and my Fold 3 is the same so I am good with it.
It also doesn't peel it self off overtime is my experience.

Huawei Mate 20 pro that I had was not as good that Samsung had and Xiami/Poco is horrible piece of junk and worth trowing in the trash :)

Wow didn't know there was one on the front screen. I took off the protective film that covers the whole phone didn't notice the screen protector on the front tho
It's very difficult to see or feel, but it's there. Samsung had been factory installing screen protectors on a few models like the Note 10, but then for the Note 20 Ultra, they didn't. At least not in the US. I think the international models still had screen protectors. I can't remember if the Z Fold 2 had one on the outer screen.

Reactions: dugryce

xile6

Dec 2, 2008
Dallas
Its just a protector tho.
Happen with my note 10+
You can easily swap it out for another or a glass one.

Ill keep mine on until this one looks like crap.

knives of ice

Jul 12, 2007
There is zero need for the outside or inside protector unless you use the s pen a ton. Insanity to keep them on. The experience is so much better without them and I had zero problems with the fold 2 taking them off.

There is zero need for the outside or inside protector unless you use the s pen a ton. Insanity to keep them on. The experience is so much better without them and I had zero problems with the fold 2 taking them off.
I've taken the screen protector off the inside screen of the ZF2 several times when replacing it. Matter of fact, just did it today. I can feel absolutely no difference between the bare screen on the ZF2 and the screen protector on the ZF3. They're both plastic no matter what Samsung calls it. So me PERSONALLY I won't risk scratching or damaging the display when I can't tell the difference in feel anyway. Plus I love the SPen, so I'll use it a lot.

Reactions: twistedumbrella

knives of ice

Jul 12, 2007
I've taken the screen protector off the inside screen of the ZF2 several times when replacing it. Matter of fact, just did it today. I can feel absolutely no difference between the bare screen on the ZF2 and the screen protector on the ZF3. They're both plastic no matter what Samsung calls it. So me PERSONALLY I won't risk scratching or damaging the display when I can't tell the difference in feel anyway. Plus I love the SPen, so I'll use it a lot.

the fingerprints and the screen not being as bright are immediately noticeable to me coming from no screen protector to a screen protector on the fold 3. night and day, as is the non glass feel. i've never used the fold with a screen protector as I bought my fold 2 used with it already removed, had that not been the case perhaps I would have been able to live with it.

with that being said - you don't have to baby this phone with kid gloves. hell, you are probably going to trade it in next year and get the fold 4. so if you don't use the S pen don't be afraid by those warning to take the protector off. that's my main point.

the fingerprints and the screen not being as bright are immediately noticeable to me coming from no screen protector to a screen protector on the fold 3. night and day, as is the non glass feel. i've never used the fold with a screen protector as I bought my fold 2 used with it already removed, had that not been the case perhaps I would have been able to live with it.

with that being said - you don't have to baby this phone with kid gloves. hell, you are probably going to trade it in next year and get the fold 4. so if you don't use the S pen don't be afraid by those warning to take the protector off. that's my main point.
I always baby my devices. Even though yes I will likely be trading it in, I prefer to keep my phone in pristine condition. Again, having compared SP and no SP they both feel the same to me. Plus I WILL be using the SPen.

carlitos66

Dec 19, 2010
It's very difficult to see or feel, but it's there. Samsung had been factory installing screen protectors on a few models like the Note 10, but then for the Note 20 Ultra, they didn't. At least not in the US. I think the international models still had screen protectors. I can't remember if the Z Fold 2 had one on the outer screen.
I still have the international Note 20 Ultra and yes, they come with screen protector from Samsung installed from the factory. The Fold 2 came with outer screen protector. The inner screen one was piece of crap, it scratched so bad pretty much first week. Then after 8 months my foldable screen cracked in the middle by itself. Samsung replaced it under warranty and it came with totally different screen protector, which I am using until today and I don't have any scratch on it at all !! The screen does not feel like rubber at all. I am very happy with the second screen protector that Samsung installed on new screen. BTW, I counted roughly how many times I unfolded the phone before the middle part cracked and I came to number 1 125 folds and unfolds. And that is probably little bit on the high side because I owned the phone for 225 days when it happened and I figured 5 openings per day. But I use mostly the outside cover screen, the inside screen I used only for multimedia. I have no problem using the cover screen for 95% of things I do on the phone.

Reactions: Mr. Orange 645

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
No I didn't peel that one off.
Lot of very small scratches.
I know it's on the protector not the screen
Just leave it on as long as it's usable. Finding a better replacement may be difficult.
It's actually very tough... I inadvertently tested my 10+'s on the second day by dropping it on a rough edged aluminum angle from 2 feet high. It landed on the curve part of the screen and the case. Marred the protector badly but not the display at all *gulp*.

On the 10+ this is the one Samsung failing that irritated me the most, no factory OEM screen protector replacements. Even there were it be impossible to install.
Whitestone send the wrong protector in the right box... malakas.
Wet apply screen protectors were the easiest to apply and have proved very durable. Gorilla IQ Sheild is what I settled with after 2 fails with self adhering ones.
Close to 2 years and zero damage.

knives of ice

Jul 12, 2007
Is there any difference? Not that I mind the inner screen, but it does feel plasticky.

its like night and day when you take it off IMO. like scrolling with glass compared to plastic and the screen protector gets tons of fingerprints. i honestly have no idea how anyone uses this phone with an inner screen protector. unless you are going to be a heavy S pen user I see no reason not to take it off.

Dominikm27

Mar 10, 2020
its like night and day when you take it off IMO. like scrolling with glass compared to plastic and the screen protector gets tons of fingerprints. i honestly have no idea how anyone uses this phone with an inner screen protector. unless you are going to be a heavy S pen user I see no reason not to take it off.
What abou outer display in your case?

bs3pro

Jul 24, 2020
Well i usually feel that way with a real glass screen. I do worry about the plastic screen on the inner screen getting scratched. Im torn whether or not I should take it off.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Did you peel off the screen protector that came on the outer screen? I won't be taking mine off unless it begins to fall off on its own.
    Did you peel off the screen protector that came on the outer screen? I won't be taking mine off unless it begins to fall off on its own.
    No I didn't peel that one off.
    Lot of very small scratches.
    I know it's on the protector not the screen