• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Man this outer screen micro scratches easily

Search This thread

knives of ice

Jul 12, 2007
What abou outer display in your case?

the outer display? you're insane not to take that off. the previous fold didn't have it and the outer screen protector isn't even mentioned in samsung's warnings.

look, as a fold 2 owner you don't need to treat this phone with kid gloves. could you get a micro scratch on it that you can only see in the perfect light? yeah, you could. I used the fold 2 without the cover and have no problems.

the outside screen is much more likely to get scratched than the inside though unless you are carrying it in a bag unfolded and I don't think anyone is dumb enough to do that.

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Meh with no screen protector it will get scratched especially if there's any sand around.
Sand is almost everywhere to a greater or lesser extent. Glass is harder than most metals in your pocket but not sand.
Improper cleaning will eventually scratch it as well.
I don't want any scratches on my optics glaring at me like swirl marks on a black car🤣

Reactions: alxlwson
Well i usually feel that way with a real glass screen. I do worry about the plastic screen on the inner screen getting scratched. Im torn whether or not I should take it off.
It's not worth the risk. I used my ZF3 with the screen protector and my ZF2 without one side by side, and there was no difference in look or feel. Definitely not enough to risk damaging the display or voiding the warranty.

The "ultra thin glass" screen is just plastic as well. Watch JerryRigEverything durability tests on the ZF2. He concluded that there is no glass surface.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Did you peel off the screen protector that came on the outer screen? I won't be taking mine off unless it begins to fall off on its own.
    Did you peel off the screen protector that came on the outer screen? I won't be taking mine off unless it begins to fall off on its own.
    Wow didn't know there was one on the front screen. I took off the protective film that covers the whole phone didn't notice the screen protector on the front tho
    Wow didn't know there was one on the front screen. I took off the protective film that covers the whole phone didn't notice the screen protector on the front tho
    It's very difficult to see or feel, but it's there. Samsung had been factory installing screen protectors on a few models like the Note 10, but then for the Note 20 Ultra, they didn't. At least not in the US. I think the international models still had screen protectors. I can't remember if the Z Fold 2 had one on the outer screen.
    No I didn't peel that one off.
    Lot of very small scratches.
    I know it's on the protector not the screen
    There is zero need for the outside or inside protector unless you use the s pen a ton. Insanity to keep them on. The experience is so much better without them and I had zero problems with the fold 2 taking them off.
    I've taken the screen protector off the inside screen of the ZF2 several times when replacing it. Matter of fact, just did it today. I can feel absolutely no difference between the bare screen on the ZF2 and the screen protector on the ZF3. They're both plastic no matter what Samsung calls it. So me PERSONALLY I won't risk scratching or damaging the display when I can't tell the difference in feel anyway. Plus I love the SPen, so I'll use it a lot.