• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

General Manifest FIle

Search This thread

William.trem

Aug 21, 2020
Hello Fellow developer and programmer, I'm building a custom by using Ressurection Remix as a base, While I'm initializing the repo an error occurred, How to solve that. The Error is repo is not reccoginzsed as an internal or external command, I have installed the repo, thanks for the reading the post
Download repo and make executable. Basic stuff man. Google as suggested above.

djsubterrain

Jan 4, 2012
Livingston
OnePlus 9 Pro
Follow the instructions to add the repository, then do an initial repo sync, I hope you have plenty of drive space cos some roms can take up many GB

The manifest instructions even link you to the guide for setting up git and repo

Ubuntu is usually the best platform for this, it might work in Windows subsystem for Linux but I've never tried so couldn't tell you.

Haven't built a rom for a while but you used to add device tree urls in .repo/local_manifests/roomservice.xml, it's probably still done the same way. (.repo is a hidden folder by default so, in Ubuntu, you would press CTRL+H to get it to show up)

If you don't know how to install repo then you will likely need to do a LOT of reading before you can even think of firing off a build.

Last edited:

William.trem

Aug 21, 2020
Follow the instructions to add the repository, then do an initial repo sync, I hope you have plenty of drive space cos some roms can take up many GB

The manifest instructions even link you to the guide for setting up git and repo

Ubuntu is usually the best platform for this, it might work in Windows subsystem for Linux but I've never tried so couldn't tell you.

Haven't built a rom for a while but you used to add device tree urls in .repo/local_manifests/roomservice.xml, it's probably still done the same way. (.repo is a hidden folder by default so, in Ubuntu, you would press CTRL+H to get it to show up)

If you don't know how to install repo then you will likely need to do a LOT of reading before you can even think of firing off a build.
Currently having success within WSL v1 Ubuntu.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello Fellow developer and programmer, I'm building a custom by using Ressurection Remix as a base, While I'm initializing the repo an error occurred, How to solve that. The Error is repo is not reccoginzsed as an internal or external command, I have installed the repo, thanks for the reading the post