Manual OTA Update - NO ROOT

Search This thread

Skitals

Sep 7, 2010
I'm on the light weight Ubuntu, Iubuntu. I checked for an update of adb using sudo apt-get, but it said I was on the most current version.

I know this is an old post, but 1.0.32 STILL isn't in the ubuntu repositories, and it's required for 5.X.

These instructions (step 3) work like a charm:

Code:
# adb version
Android Debug Bridge version 1.0.31
# wget -O - https://skia.googlesource.com/skia/+archive/cd048d18e0b81338c1a04b9749a00444597df394/platform_tools/android/bin/linux.tar.gz | tar -zxvf - adb
# sudo mv adb /usr/bin/adb
# sudo chmod +x /usr/bin/adb
# adb version
Android Debug Bridge version 1.0.32

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here's how to sideload the update without ROOT.

EDIT: added a more precise description of every step

- Enter Bootloader (swipe top left-bottom right as soon as the LG logo pops up on boot)
    - Unlock bootloader (fastboot oem unlock) and boot the watch normally once
    - Turn off and re-enter bootloader
    - Flash 5.0.1 Stock Recovery (fastboot flash recovery filename.img)
    - Enter recovery and ADB sideload the update (tap the android, select install update from ADB and enter adb sideload filename.zip)
    - Done!

If this was helpful to you, feel free to press the Thanks button :good:
    Also, you might have to reinstall the ADB drivers since the device will be identified as Dory (LG G Watch) when sideload of 5.0.1 recovery is enabled. (LG's fault) :)
    Can you tell me how you reinstalled the ADB driver and where you got it from?

Thanks!

Download it from here... http://developer.android.com/sdk/win-usb.html . Then go to your device manager on your pc and find the watch listed.. double click on it and click update driver. Browse to the directory you unzipped the ADB driver in and choose it.
    I was trying to access recovery by scrolling then selecting recovery, but the watch wouldn't communicate with the PC anymore that way (device manager wouldn't even list it) and I couldn't sideload the update zip.

Instead, I had to send the command (fastboot boot recovery.img) manually and once that showed the recovery screen, I saw my watch appear in device manager again (I had to reinstall the ADB driver) and that allowed me to sideload the update zip.

Also, for those new to this, make sure to relock your bootloader when you are done.
    fastboot oem lock
    im having adb issues. it gets to about 50% transfer then quits, total xfer 1.00x and i just get signature verification error on the watch. any ideas?

download ota update from other link it has to be 57.2mb not update.zip file with 52.4mb