Manual Update using ota ( 5.01)

Search This thread

superdave

Feb 19, 2005
This only works coming from KNX01R!

Edit, Camazza has found you can flash the stock 5.0.1 bootloader and sideload the update. See here http://forum.xda-developers.com/g-watch-r/development/manual-ota-update-root-t2969845

Download the update here http://android.clients.google.com/p....signed-lenok-LWX48P-from-KNX01R.149e0c34.zip

1. Root using tonu42's method here http://forum.xda-developers.com/g-watch-r/development/root-root-twrp-r-t2960511
2. After verifying you have root re install the stock recovery for 4.4w.2 from intersectRaven here http://forum.xda-developers.com/g-watch-r/development/stock-boot-recovery-g-watch-r-t2956964 (same command used during rooting).
3. Boot in the system and upload the update
adb push 149e0c34d0ab10d3e356d6301915dcc04552d9db.signed-lenok-LWX48P-from-KNX01R.149e0c34.zip /sdcard/update.zip
4. adb shell
5. cp /sdcard/update.zip /cache/update.zip
6. echo 'boot-recovery ' > /cache/recovery/command
7. echo '--update_package=/cache/update.zip' >> /cache/recovery/command
8. reboot recovery
9. Update installs

Thanks to tonu42 for root and intersectRaven for the stock boot.
Use at your own risk.

Last edited:

superdave

Feb 19, 2005
The bootloader and recovery are updated to stock, but, the device has still been oem unlocked so a fastboot oem lock command will need to be issued. This does remove the lock icon and the watch shows as locked, but, I don't know if lg can tell that is has been unlocked at one time. Root is lost after the update and will need to be reapplied.

Would applying the update return the watch to stock? Including upgrading the bootloader and such?
I'm interested in manually updating, but I'd want the watch to be completely stock afterwards.

Reactions: kashortiexda

nxt

The bootloader and recovery are updated to stock, but, the device has still been oem unlocked so a fastboot oem lock command will need to be issued. This does remove the lock icon and the watch shows as locked, but, I don't know if lg can tell that is has been unlocked at one time. Root is lost after the update and will need to be reapplied.

Yup, I knew that part so didn't ask. But I finally got it working (had issues flashing recovery, had to switch usb ports).
All is good now, thanks!

EDIT: Looks like SuperSU is still installed though (won't run)
Everything else seems stock, I even did oem lock/unlock a few times, recovery is stock

Last edited:

tonu42

Nov 14, 2010
You'll lose root and I am working on a fix.

Sent from my A0001 using XDA Free mobile app

Koopa777

May 18, 2012

I don't think LG cares as long as the lock icon is gone. I've already screwed up and sent them a G2 that was on older radios with TWRP installed, and they sent it back factory flashed to the latest firmware (ZVA at the time).

Why all this manipulations? Why not use ADB Sideload?

I'd like to know as well, which method is better/safer, this or ADB sideload?

superdave

Feb 19, 2005
Adb does not work in Stock recovery that is why twrp is needed, . I am having the same issue with supersu crashing once booted. I have not had a chance to look at it yet. If you shell in and su before the phone boots su works fine though.

Reactions: Winesnob

Camazza

Jun 23, 2009
Rovigo
Actually there's a faster and safer way that does not involve rooting.

1) Unlock Bootloader
2) Flash 5.0.1 Stock Recovery
3) Enter recovery and sideload update (it works in the new recovery)
4) Profit

Reactions: b0gd4n

kanzone

Feb 11, 2009
Hong Kong
Nice, good catch. I'll add that to the first post.

I did the same as following and it's work for me:
recoveryll.bin => 5.0.1 Recovery http://forum.xda-developers.com/g-watch-r/development/stock-boot-recovery-g-watch-r-t2956964

1. adb reboot bootloader
2. fastboot oem unlock
3. fastboot boot recoveryll.bin
4. Select adb sideload then
adb sideload 149e0c34d0ab10d3e356d6301915dcc04552d9db.signed-lenok-LWX48P-from-KNX01R.149e0c34.zip
5. Done
6. Reboot to fastboot
7. fastbook oem lock

5.0.1 Recovery work with adb

Reactions: mchj and b0gd4n

b0gd4n

Jul 6, 2009
London
recoveryll.bin => 5.0.1 Recovery http://forum.xda-developers.com/g-watch-r/development/stock-boot-recovery-g-watch-r-t2956964

1. adb reboot bootloader
2. fastboot oem unlock
adb sideload 149e0c34d0ab10d3e356d6301915dcc04552d9db.signed-lenok-LWX48P-from-KNX01R.149e0c34.zip
5. Done
6. Reboot to fastboot
7. fastbook oem lock

hey I am trying the same method:

ok, so I unlocked the bootloader, flashed the 5.0.1 recovery, then booted to recovery, selected the adb sideload (the watch now says "Now send the package you want to apply to the device with "adb sideload <filename>"..."

however, in CMD, adb devices is not returning anything. there is no 'new devices connected' sound in windows when removing/replacing the watch from the cradle.

can someone please tell me what am I doing wrong?

kanzone

Feb 11, 2009
Hong Kong

ok, so I unlocked the bootloader, flashed the 5.0.1 recovery, then booted to recovery, selected the adb sideload (the watch now says "Now send the package you want to apply to the device with "adb sideload <filename>"..."

however, in CMD, adb devices is not returning anything. there is no 'new devices connected' sound in windows when removing/replacing the watch from the cradle.

adb version

make sure the adb version is > 1.0.32

Reactions: b0gd4n

Koopa777

May 18, 2012
So wait, the command to flash recovery is what exactly? I've seen 3 different commands on this very page. Also, we do it from the bootloader screen, right?

cottageboy

Dec 24, 2009
Toronto
i am unlocked and rooted with twrp and everytime I try and fastboot the boot img. it says "remote image is not a boot image?
what the hell am i doing wrong?
I have also tried to fastboot a new recovery and I get the same thing?

superdave

Feb 19, 2005
Are you trying to restore the stock recovery? If so, you fastboot flash recovery recovery.img on the stock image.

i am unlocked and rooted with twrp and everytime I try and fastboot the boot img. it says "remote image is not a boot image?
what the hell am i doing wrong?
I have also tried to fastboot a new recovery and I get the same thing?

shadow_empire1

Oct 23, 2007
Vienna
hi,
when I am trying to flash the recovery I get this error:

fastboot flash rcovery recoveryll.img
target reported max download size of 268435456 bytes
sending 'rcovery' (6634 KB)...
OKAY [ 0.312s]
writing 'rcovery'...
FAILED (remote: partition table doesn't exist)
finished. total time: 0.403s

adb version
Android Debug Bridge version 1.0.32

any idea?
do I need to flash the new boot.img before?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Nice, good catch. I'll add that to the first post.

1. adb reboot bootloader
    2. fastboot oem unlock
    5. Done
    6. Reboot to fastboot
    7. fastbook oem lock

Would applying the update return the watch to stock? Including upgrading the bootloader and such?
    I'm interested in manually updating, but I'd want the watch to be completely stock afterwards.
    Adb does not work in Stock recovery that is why twrp is needed, . I am having the same issue with supersu crashing once booted. I have not had a chance to look at it yet. If you shell in and su before the phone boots su works fine though.
    Actually there's a faster and safer way that does not involve rooting.

1) Unlock Bootloader
    2) Flash 5.0.1 Stock Recovery
    3) Enter recovery and sideload update (it works in the new recovery)
    4) Profit

adb version

make sure the adb version is > 1.0.32