Manually add Android 7.0 theme elements?

• Thread starter Deleted member 8359496
  • Start date
Search This thread
D

Deleted member 8359496

I'm not 100 % sure this is the right place for this thread, but since it is a question...

I did ask this question over at the Sony's Theme Creator thread, but it seems a little quiet there. Anyway, I own an Xperia X Compact running android 7.0 (Nougat) and I'm trying to make a theme for Xperia devices running Nougat. I'm using the Xperia Theme Creator, but since it does'nt yet support Android 7.0 (Nougat) I wonder if it is possible to manually theme elements. If it is possible I assume I would add these in the \.project\resources file, right? With corresponding .png files in \skins\[subfolder], of course. If this is the case, what do I name these .png files?

For example, how would I do to edit the magnifying glass icon in the apptrays search field? This is not a resource in the Xperia Theme Creator yet and must therefore be added manually (I guess?). What do I name the .png file? I would have posted an image showing exactly what magnifying glass icon I'm talking about, but apparently I'm not allowed to do that until I've made at least ten posts. Sorry about that, I hope you understand which icon I mean.

Thank you.