• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Manually enabling Dual Sim using tasker or programatically?

Search This thread

fullcollapse

Nov 12, 2020
I have an unlocked UK find X2 pro and I don't feel like going through the switching region process just to enable the dual sim. I already purchased a dual sim tray for this.

So I found this old reddit to enable this manually for a Samsung phone using tasker:
https://www.reddit.com/r/tasker/comments/b0a1o5
Now I would the need the help of someone with a dual sim OPPO phone (probably better if its a X2 Pro) and monitoring enabling the second sim with adb shell settings list system

Any volunteer?

Last edited:
Reactions: bruisah

MeTheRebel

Nov 7, 2010
OPPO Find X2 Pro
This probably worked on older android and is samsung specific. Chances of this working are really low but I guess someone could give it a try.

But, I did notice if you unlock your phone using the method in "Change region" thread instead of actually changing your region try typing "*#*#4636#*#*", go into "Phone Information" and see if you can toggle "Enable DSDS"

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-12-09-12-42-42-16.jpg
    Screenshot_2020-12-09-12-42-42-16.jpg
    616.4 KB · Views: 260

speedyjay

Oct 22, 2011
Farnborough
I have an unlocked UK find X2 pro and I don't feel like going through the switching region process just to enable the dual sim. I already purchased a dual sim tray for this.

So I found this old reddit to enable this manually for a Samsung phone using tasker:
Now I would the need the help of someone with a dual sim OPPO phone (probably better if its a X2 Pro) and monitoring enabling the second sim with adb shell settings list system

Any volunteer?

All models of the X2 Pro are dual SIM. Just the functionality has been disabled by Oppo in the EU because of GDPR.

fullcollapse

Nov 12, 2020
This probably worked on older android and is samsung specific. Chances of this working are really low but I guess someone could give it a try.

But, I did notice if you unlock your phone using the method in "Change region" thread instead of actually changing your region try typing "*#*#4636#*#*", go into "Phone Information" and see if you can toggle "Enable DSDS"

I didnt want to go to that process of changing region but my phone is unlocked and I typed that in my phone keyboard and nothing happened, I dont see where to go to Phone information

MeTheRebel

Nov 7, 2010
OPPO Find X2 Pro
I didnt want to go to that process of changing region but my phone is unlocked and I typed that in my phone keyboard and nothing happened, I dont see where to go to Phone information
That's after unlocking the phone with the "Sec5.exe" way from the "Change region.." thread right? Not talking about SIM unlocked(international) phones.

The change happens after you select another region not after you unlock the phone using this method so if you wanna keep everything the same you just unlock it without switching to Singapore.

fullcollapse

Nov 12, 2020
Oh I didnt know there were 2 types of unlocking. My phone is SIM unlocked yes I bought it from an official UK retailer directly.
Would this void the warranty?

fullcollapse

Nov 12, 2020
I see thanks, I dont know if I want to take the risk so Ill try to do it without that unlocking method for now.

Few android development things that I found that could be tried:

AnthonyMkD

Mar 22, 2020
Service center. It's free. For the uk phone, pls let them select non-europen model to downgrade.
The problem is, I am not in the UK, I ordered the phone from the UK, but in my country, we don't have an OPPO service center.. :/ So that's why I am asking for a self-service way to do it. I have installed custom ROMs to phones before, I quite know how to do things here and there.

Craphead

Jul 15, 2012
Dachau
@AnthonyMkD even if there are no actual Oppo Service centers where you live there probably are some sort of service providers/companies which act as Oppo's official service partners and do all the repairs for them. They should be able to do that. It's the same where I live.

AnthonyMkD

Mar 22, 2020
@AnthonyMkD even if there are no actual Oppo Service centers where you live there probably are some sort of service providers/companies which act as Oppo's official service partners and do all the repairs for them. They should be able to do that. It's the same where I live.
The nearest partner centre with OPPO is 1200+km away! Hahahahaha, damn this is gonna be fun... I really wanted the dual SIM enabled so bad. Now I will have to carry 2 phones with me

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Any volunteer?
    All models of the X2 Pro are dual SIM. Just the functionality has been disabled by Oppo in the EU because of GDPR.

I know, thats why Im trying to find out how to enable it manually, like using the tasker, or maybe creating an app (I already created a few android apps in the past, so I could try myself if someone gives me a hint)