How To Guide Manually update to android 12 with locked bootloader

Search This thread

wolfaas12345

Jun 1, 2014
Nottingham
**Warning** this will erase your data
So i was poking around moto rescue tool as i wanted android 12 on my moto edge 20 pro which was stuck on 11 and accidentally found a way to update the phone without unlocking the bootloader via swap trick

Firstly download moto rescue tool
Rescue Tool
Then download a android 12 firmware for your moto (find it online)

Boot your phone into fastboot and hook it up to the rescue tool and click rescue it will start downloading the firmware for it it will start downloading android 11 firmware for it

Now you can either go to the default folder where it's downloading the firmware or change it to whichever folder you desire

Now take the 12 firmware you downloaded earlier bring it into the folder where rescue tool was downloading the firmware

Copy the name of temp file thats in the folder

Cancel the download (which will delete temp file)

Close rescue tool

And now take the firmware you downloaded the android 12 one and rename it to the name of that temp file (make sure file ends in zip not temp ignore the temp bit)

Turn on the rescue tool again and click rescue again it will "start downloading the firmware" again but it will actually sit at 0kbps as it reads and extracts the file you placed in and it will start installing it on your phone

wait till its done

Boom you have yourself Android 12 on your Edge 20 Pro

markcoopz

Oct 14, 2007
So i was poking around moto rescue tool as i wanted android 12 on my moto edge 20 pro which was stuck on 11 and accidentally found a way to update the phone without unlocking the bootloader via swap trick

Rescue Tool

Boot your phone into fastboot and hook it up to the rescue tool and click rescue it will start downloading the firmware for it it will start downloading android 11 firmware for it

Now you can either go to the default folder where it's downloading the firmware or change it to whichever folder you desire

Now take the 12 firmware you downloaded earlier bring it into the folder where rescue tool was downloading the firmware

Close rescue tool

And now take the firmware you downloaded the android 12 one and rename it to the name of that temp file (make sure file ends in zip not temp ignore the temp bit)

Turn on the rescue tool again and click rescue again it will "start downloading the firmware" again but it will actually sit at 0kbps as it reads and extracts the file you placed in and it will start installing it on your phone

wait till its done

Hi, quick question, after doing this do you still get OTA updates or do you have to do them manually ??

Feilau

May 21, 2019

Rescue Tool

Close rescue tool

wait till its done

Rescue Tool

Close rescue tool

wait till its done

Hi, thanks for sharing this. I tried to flash a retail-apac 12 version to replace my China android 12 version, did not tried to change the file name, failed. Do you mean you changed the file name of zip which is downloading? Can you help to share the version of rescue tool you used?

Feilau

May 21, 2019
Hi, thanks for sharing this. I tried to flash a retail-apac 12 version to replace my China android 12 version, did not tried to change the file name, failed. Do you mean you changed the file name of zip which is downloading? Can you help to share the version of rescue tool you used?
I tried many different ways to change the file names, the flashing process started but failed at about 70% stage. I guess the reason is that my original ROM is China CMCC Android 12 version , the RSA tool might have updated to block user flashing this ROM to other region.
I also tried to use Tiny Fast Boot tool to flash the APAC Android 12 version, also failed. Had to unlock the Boot Loader of my phone, then only flashing AP, finally worked. APAC Android 12 version is not that stable comparing with China version, but I feel the message notice (pop up) is better than China version, and much less pre-installed Apps.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Rescue Tool

Close rescue tool

wait till its done