Question Maps "Home" - Going nuts - SOLVED

Search This thread

LordP666

Feb 4, 2009
So, I had the Pixel Watch working just fantastic on the Pixel 6. Now I've upgraded to the Pixel 7 Pro. I read somewhere that I had to reset the watch for it to work, and yes, that was necessary, so I did it.

Now I'm in the process of completely setting up the watch again and I'm almost done.

The one thing that is still insoluble for me is the "Maps" app. When it was set up in the Pixel 6, my home address was showing on the watch screen, on the top where it says "Home" - now, with the Pixel 7 Pro, it does not. I have set everything else exactly the same way as before - but this one setting eludes me. I can't find a way to do this in the phone app, or in the watch - somehow, I think is was kinda automatic with the Pixel 6, but I don't really remember (old guy here - 73, but I think my memory is pretty good...I could be wrong).

Everything is updated to hell and back and somehow I'm missing something.

Can anyone help?

BTW, I'm loving the 7 Pro.

Thanks for any help.

Well, I kinda figured it out - I had to use the Maps app on the phone and that updated itself, and then updated the watch. The whole Pixel 7 Pro setup was a tiny bit weird. For example, I could see the watch was connected to Bluetooth, but setting up some parts of the watch would keep saying "can't connect".

A very odd experience.

All is OK now.

Last edited:

fred2546

Dec 8, 2014
Oh, you got it working??? It is a known issue that for some users (me!) the watch will not update or populate home/work (I'm retired so work is HOME :)). I have the 6 Pro. I just got it in the Spring so not yet ready to jump aboard another upgrade. I might try to update Maps on the phone but I expect it will not work.

LordP666

Feb 4, 2009
Interesting. I had the Pixel 6 (non pro) when I first got the watch and it worked right the very first time.

This time I used a brand new Pixel 7 Pro, fresh out of the box, and reset the watch. I realized that I had not yet used Google Maps on the phone, so I did and the watch updated at that time.

Like you, I'm retired and needed "home".

Reactions: fred2546

respinK

Oct 6, 2020
Pixel 7 Pro + Pixel watch: Not working for me.
Everything is updated, work + home is defined on the phone, watch refuses to accept any of it.

LordP666

Feb 4, 2009
I wish I could help you guys, but all I did is set "Home" on Google Maps on my phone.

Maybe deleting the Maps from the watch and starting again? I know fred2546 rebooted and all, but honestly all I did is define "Home" in the phone. Probably doesn't mean much but I have the Pixel 7 Pro.

fred2546

Dec 8, 2014
Pixel 6 Pro.

Now I had defined home but I don''t work so did not define my home a second time. But I will also admit that I do not allow Google to track me in my everyday pursuits and movements. I do not have location history enabled or whatever that setting might be.

LordP666

Feb 4, 2009
I sort of agree about not wanting to be tracked, but some time ago I decided I didn't really care. I'm old (73), retired, and live with my cat - they can send me ads, notifications, and whatnot until the end of time - I will never buy anything that's emailed, or a phone call, to me as an offer, and I block a whole lot of calls - I love playing with them.

But, fred2546, did you get it to work?

fred2546

Dec 8, 2014
I sort of agree about not wanting to be tracked, but some time ago I decided I didn't really care. I'm old (73), retired, and live with my cat - they can send me ads, notifications, and whatnot until the end of time - I will never buy anything that's emailed, or a phone call, to me as an offer, and I block a whole lot of calls - I love playing with them.

But, fred2546, did you get it to work?
It did not work. Yesterday I was on my way out to a bike ride and on the watch did a search. First, it opened with Home/Work which remain undefined. But I put a local sushi joint in the search. It came up with the name and then suggested I see the PHONE. Since I needed to meet the bike riding friend I did not follow up.

Obviously, Google knows quite a bit anyway. I use Google Fi as my carrier and I did use Google Maps while touring around Iceland in Sept.

And I've got a few years on you but no cat! :cool:

Last edited:

LordP666

Feb 4, 2009
Get a cat from a shelter and you will be handsomely rewarded by its lunatic personality. I love my Mr. PoopiHead, he's very affectionate and a complete loon.

Reactions: fred2546

fred2546

Dec 8, 2014
I am not a cat person. I do on occasion feed friends' cats - more than enough for me!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Interesting. I had the Pixel 6 (non pro) when I first got the watch and it worked right the very first time.

This time I used a brand new Pixel 7 Pro, fresh out of the box, and reset the watch. I realized that I had not yet used Google Maps on the phone, so I did and the watch updated at that time.

Like you, I'm retired and needed "home".
    Get a cat from a shelter and you will be handsomely rewarded by its lunatic personality. I love my Mr. PoopiHead, he's very affectionate and a complete loon.