General Android 13 QPR3 went final in June 2023-opt-out now to get the OTA without wiping - Pixel 6 Pro [Raven] - [thread also for future Android QPR Betas]

Search This thread

phoenixpb

Dec 18, 2010
Yes it fixed a bug with the application i use at work.
I have a Pixel 6
Very old bug (was present already in Android 12)

Could not login with finger print in app

Fixed only with QPR1

👍

Reactions: roirraW "edor" ehT

roirraW "edor" ehT

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Hi, what the best way without creating damage to go back from android 13 QPR1 beta version to stable andriod 13?
Depends on your definition of "Damage", and also depends on how you achieved beta-testing Android 13 QPR1 Beta 1. If you opted into the Beta program and received the automatic OTA, then you'll have to visit the site again, opt out of the Beta program, but be aware that this will factory reset your device.

If you opted in but you manually flash (without wiping) the Stable Android 13, 1) There may be issues as a full wipe is always recommended when downgrading. QPR1 Beta 1 -> Stable is a downgrade, so if you don't wipe, you can expect some things to not work correctly. 2) You would receive the OTA to the Beta again at some point.

If you manually flashed QPR1 Beta 1 without opting into the Beta program, then just manually flash the stable Android 13 from:

Pixel 6 Pro latest image:
13.0.0 (TP1A.220905.004, Sep 2022)FlashLink4dba4ced0ea829e3d334dee55d8b15daa4cd1b57848417a8787d68a0b6ce3793

Again, if you don't wipe (by removing the "-w" from the Flash-All.bat), then don't be surprised if it doesn't work correctly. It's even possible the phone won't boot correctly.

You can also always use Official Google Android Flash Tool (OEM Unlocking needs to be toggled on - you may not have to manually unlock the bootloader - the "site" will do that on its own).

Check the box for Wipe, you could go ahead and check the box for Force Flash All Partitions if you feel like it (will wipe, too), and uncheck the option to relock the bootloader when done. The Official Google Android Flash Tool is the easiest way to flash. I prefer the factory image because I like to get my hands a little dirtier.

If you don't wipe when re-flashing Stable, and the phone doesn't work correctly, it won't be damaged - just factory reset the phone (or re-flash while allowing it to wipe), and it'll be good.

nibera

Apr 19, 2008
Depends on your definition of "Damage", and also depends on how you achieved beta-testing Android 13 QPR1 Beta 1. If you opted into the Beta program and received the automatic OTA, then you'll have to visit the site again, opt out of the Beta program, but be aware that this will factory reset your device.

If you opted in but you manually flash (without wiping) the Stable Android 13, 1) There may be issues as a full wipe is always recommended when downgrading. QPR1 Beta 1 -> Stable is a downgrade, so if you don't wipe, you can expect some things to not work correctly. 2) You would receive the OTA to the Beta again at some point.

If you manually flashed QPR1 Beta 1 without opting into the Beta program, then just manually flash the stable Android 13 from:

Pixel 6 Pro latest image:
13.0.0 (TP1A.220905.004, Sep 2022)FlashLink4dba4ced0ea829e3d334dee55d8b15daa4cd1b57848417a8787d68a0b6ce3793

Again, if you don't wipe (by removing the "-w" from the Flash-All.bat), then don't be surprised if it doesn't work correctly. It's even possible the phone won't boot correctly.

You can also always use Official Google Android Flash Tool (OEM Unlocking needs to be toggled on - you may not have to manually unlock the bootloader - the "site" will do that on its own).

Check the box for Wipe, you could go ahead and check the box for Force Flash All Partitions if you feel like it (will wipe, too), and uncheck the option to relock the bootloader when done. The Official Google Android Flash Tool is the easiest way to flash. I prefer the factory image because I like to get my hands a little dirtier.

If you don't wipe when re-flashing Stable, and the phone doesn't work correctly, it won't be damaged - just factory reset the phone (or re-flash while allowing it to wipe), and it'll be good.
Hi, thanks for your complete reply, I received the QPR beta because I am registered in the beta program, I know that returning to the Android 13 building I have to delete all the data and start again.
I think the best solution would be to use the Android Tools to return stable Android 13 stock and then unsubscribe from the beta program. This way I avoid having problems.

NippleSauce

Jun 23, 2013
Thus far with my use, this beta seems pretty similar to the stable, September update release. The only thing that I have noticed is that AdAway no longer works, haha. Anyone else experience the same issue?

I'm guessing that a full wipe, re-flash & reinstallation would resolve the problem.

• Wow

Lughnasadh

Mar 23, 2015
Google Nexus 5
Huawei Nexus 6P
Thus far with my use, this beta seems pretty similar to the stable, September update release. The only thing that I have noticed is that AdAway no longer works, haha. Anyone else experience the same issue?

I'm guessing that a full wipe, re-flash & reinstallation would resolve the problem.
Adaway working fine for me on QPR1 Beta 1. Do you still have Systemless Hosts enabled in Magisk?

Teet1

Sep 17, 2013
ZTE Axon 7
Samsung Galaxy S9
Just did a full device wipe. Re-flashed the same beta build, rooted again and set it all up from scratch. AdAway still doesn't work. It looks like that latest device policy changes the location of the hosts file that's utilized...

Very strange indeed.
Can confirm this, not just adaway but Energized Protection doesnt work either after that device policy update. Very strange

Lughnasadh

Mar 23, 2015
Google Nexus 5
Huawei Nexus 6P
Can confirm this, not just adaway but Energized Protection doesnt work either after that device policy update. Very strange
Just did a full device wipe. Re-flashed the same beta build, rooted again and set it all up from scratch. AdAway still doesn't work. It looks like that latest device policy changes the location of the hosts file that's utilized...

Very strange indeed.
What version of Device Policy do you guys have?

NippleSauce

Jun 23, 2013
Yeah. It also seems that web-embedded livestreams don't work in Chrome either. So, if you prefer the web interface or if there is no app for the site you stream from, then you can't watch the streams anymore =/

Edit - This also could have been done by the device health services, as that has also received an update ¯⁠\⁠_⁠(⁠ツ⁠)⁠_⁠/⁠¯

Edit 2.0 - Yes, we're also both using AdAway w/ root =)

Last edited:
  • Wow

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Pixel 6 Pro [Raven] QPR Betas

QPR stands for "Quarterly Platform Release". Android 13 QPR3 went final in June 2023. See main thread here for final/non-beta releases.

From my Pixel 7 QPR Beta thread (and adjusting the OP with the same information):
    You can officially opt into the Android Beta Program there, or use the factory image or OTA below. You can no longer manually opt into the QPR3 Beta program - only the Android 14 Beta is offered to opt into:
    I'm only being allowed to Opt into the Android 14 beta program. I want to enroll in the Android 13 QPR Beta program instead. Any idea how?
    I don't know for sure, but I suspect that no one can opt into the QPR3 Beta program any longer.

Even Google's QPR3 Beta release page:
    which has a link:

and leads to:
    the Enroll in Android 13 Beta for Pixel button there still leads to:
    which only mentions Android 14 Beta.

So I think your only choice if you want to try QPR3 Beta is to have an unlocked bootloader and flash the factory image, or I think it's possible to sideload the OTA without unlocking the bootloader - but it's highly discouraged to try a Beta with a locked bootloader, as you'll be locked into the Beta program (via manual OTA sideloads) until it goes final, and you'll have no choice but to deal with the issues.

I don't plan on testing Betas of any sort, but feel free to use this thread for everything about the QPR Betas or major Android version betas for the Pixel 6 Pro. I'll update the information in the OP when necessary. See Post #1 in my main thread for general information (Unlocking Bootloader / Rooting / Updating | SafetyNet working again | ADB/Fastboot & Windows USB Drivers) but ask questions or make observations about all betas in this thread, please.

Once a QPR or major Android version goes final, I'll take those discussions to my main thread.
    Yet another Beta of 13, Beta 3.3:

Pixel 6 Proraven-tpb3.220617.002-factory-1acb43a3.zip1acb43a3d082b8d2cd16cba834c1b1de25042c5d5122483bbf54ff4a16682186

Android 13 Beta 3.3 (June 2022)
    Release date: June 27, 2022
    Build: TPB3.220617.002
    Emulator support: x86 (64-bit), ARM (v8-A)
    Security patch level: June 2022
    Google Play services: 22.21.16
    API diff:

If you’re already running a Developer Preview or Beta build, you will automatically receive an over-the-air (OTA) update to Beta 3.3.

This minor update to Android 13 Beta 3 includes stability and performance improvements as well as the following fixes:

• Fixed an issue with the Pixel launcher where if the Always show keyboard option was enabled for the app drawer, then when the user closed the app drawer and opened an app folder on the Home screen, the keyboard was erroneously shown as well. (Issue #236584457)
    • Fixed an issue where in some cases, such as gesturing to go back, the system UI crashed. (Issue #236558007)
    • Fixed an issue where devices couldn't connect to a WiFi network in some cases even when the network was available and the signal strength was good. (Issue #236617510)
    • Fixed an issue where the BluetoothManagerService continued to try and bind to the TbsService even when bluetooth.profile.ccp.server.enabled was false, leading to slow performance and cold starts for apps.
    • Fixed an issue where in some cases after a device was plugged in to charge (for example, overnight), the device would become unresponsive until it was rebooted.
    • Fixed a kernel issue with lib/list_debug.c that caused a kernel panic in certain cases on some devices.
    • Fixed an issue with the Connectivity Thermal Power Manager that caused slow UI rendering, unresponsiveness in apps, and poor battery performance in some cases.

June 27, 2022 2:30pm Comment Skanda Hazarika

Google rolls out Android 13 Beta 3.3 with a bunch of bug fixes​

The beta branch of Android 13 just picked up a new bug-squashing update. Following in the footsteps of Android 13 Beta 3’s earlier incremental updates, this new release fixes a whole bunch of issues, including slow UI rendering, inability to connect to a Wi-Fi network, system UI crashes, and a few other problems.
    The build number of Android 13 Beta 3.3 is TPB3.220617.002. There is no change in the security patch level, though, hence it’s still June 2022 on this release. You can find the full list of published fixes in this update below:
    • Fixed an issue with the Pixel launcher where if the Always show keyboard option was enabled for the app drawer, then when the user closed the app drawer and opened an app folder on the Home screen, the keyboard was erroneously shown as well. (Issue #236584457)
    • Fixed an issue where in some cases, such as gesturing to go back, the system UI crashed. (Issue #236558007)
    • Fixed an issue where devices couldn’t connect to a WiFi network in some cases even when the network was available and the signal strength was good. (Issue #236617510)
    • Fixed an issue where the BluetoothManagerService continued to try and bind to the TbsService even when bluetooth.profile.ccp.server.enabled was false, leading to slow performance and cold starts for apps.
    • Fixed an issue where in some cases after a device was plugged in to charge (for example, overnight), the device would become unresponsive until it was rebooted.
    • Fixed a kernel issue with lib/list_debug.c that caused a kernel panic in certain cases on some devices.
    • Fixed an issue with the Connectivity Thermal Power Manager that caused slow UI rendering, unresponsiveness in apps, and poor battery performance in some cases.
    Apart from the aforementioned bug fixes, the update also bumps the Google Play services version from 22.18.19 to 22.21.16.
    In case your Google Pixel device is already enrolled in the Android 13 beta program, you will automatically receive an over-the-air update to Beta 3.3. You can also download the full OTA or the factory image from the link below if you want to manually upgrade to the latest beta release.
    Download Android 13 Beta 3.3

Source: Android Beta Program on Reddit
    All, this is not a thread for opinions about the Pixel 6/Pro in general, nor is it a thread made for rants. Opinions specifically about Android 13 are fine. I know there have been a few posts that have nothing specific to do with Android 13 and I've let it go. If anyone wants to make posts that don't address anything specifically about Android 13, there are many, many threads in this section where that has taken place.

I know, because I used to read every post in this section but now I avoid the threads that contain those kinds of posts, and I'd like to not see them here in this thread. Any further posts of those types will be deleted as off-topic.
    I think Magisk removed the need to pass the vbmeta disable verity/verification flag with Canary 24303. Here's a quote related to a kernel issue from yujincheng08 (LoveSy):

"Let me clarify the things.
    Magisk was used to modify the fstab to inject Magisk components, and in the meantime, Magisk stipped avb_key and avb flags for all partitions. So, that 24300 works is just a side effect and has no insurance.
    Now Magisk changed its way of injecting Magisk components, and it will no longer modify the fstab, and the side effect was thus gone together with the refactorization. Some configurations that rely on the fact that Magisk will strip those verification flags will no longer work, and that's expected. Users should disable the verification themselves since they are expected to have unlocked bootloaders."

This all relates to problems with custom kernels and Magisk, but may have further implications for us. Check out more in the issue here..

Good spot. Seeing as how that's now intended behaviour, I guess wiping and disabling verification is all our best moves from here.

I'll take this moment to suggest investing in Swift Backup and setting up an automatic backup that runs periodically, so long as you have root it makes wiping pretty much a non-issue.
    New Pixel 6 modem included!

g5123b-102852-220609-b-8701566