• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

March Update... ctsProfile: false on clean install?

Search This thread

drup88

Jun 21, 2013
Melbourne
I noticed today that my google play stopped working. Running June build and was okay with edxposed and magisk. Couldn't it to work so i reflashed stock rom and still cant pass ctsprofile (basicintegrity passes).

Cant seem to get it to work now even on a clean install. is anyone working on june or just march?

gettinwicked

Aug 8, 2013
St Louis
Not working for me either. I was on 11 beta 2 and it worked fine, had to reset my phone for a screen repair, couldn't get it to work. Flashed clean back to 10, same thing. What gives?

1dopewrx05

Google has introduced a new system for checking for root (Hardware check). It's a pretty big smack in the face by Google because according to the dev that made Magisk, it's going to be damn near impossible for at least the time being to completely pass safety net. Google has been slowly rolling this change out to people for the last couple weeks now. It's completely random who's phones get hit with the change, I have two Pixel 4's and one of them got hit with the hardware check but my other one is still fine and passes safety net no problem.

If you guys are going from a clean flash and failing CTS profile, I hate to be the bearer of bad news but you guys got the new hardware checking enabled and you will never fully pass safety net unless a new method of root is invented for our phones. The good news is The only things you won't be able to use are banking apps, you can still use all the other features of root.

CyberpodS2

Mar 27, 2012
NE Pennsylvania Boonies
Google has introduced a new system for checking for root (Hardware check). It's a pretty big smack in the face by Google because according to the dev that made Magisk, it's going to be damn near impossible for at least the time being to completely pass safety net. Google has been slowly rolling this change out to people for the last couple weeks now. It's completely random who's phones get hit with the change, I have two Pixel 4's and one of them got hit with the hardware check but my other one is still fine and passes safety net no problem.

If you guys are going from a clean flash and failing CTS profile, I hate to be the bearer of bad news but you guys got the new hardware checking enabled and you will never fully pass safety net unless a new method of root is invented for our phones. The good news is The only things you won't be able to use are banking apps, you can still use all the other features of root.

"Hardware Off" magisk module by Displax fixes this issue so far. Only draw back I found is a couple apps are confused by the device type being named BASIC.

ilal2ielli

Oct 31, 2011
Google Pixel 2 XL
Google Pixel 4 XL
The good news is The only things you won't be able to use are banking apps, you can still use all the other features of root.

All of my banking apps still work as well as my Google Pay even though I fail the checks. Probably because I used the Google Pay fix by @BostonDan

Hopefully this method continues to work in the future with whatever Google does.

1dopewrx05

All of my banking apps still work as well as my Google Pay even though I fail the checks. Probably because I used the Google Pay fix by @BostonDan

Hopefully this method continues to work in the future with whatever Google does.
Yes, it's because of the gpay fix. It should remain working since it works currently.

---------- Post added at 06:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:56 PM ----------

"Hardware Off" magisk module by Displax fixes this issue so far. Only draw back I found is a couple apps are confused by the device type being named BASIC.
Oh that's fantastic news! I had no idea this module was developed. It does seem that not everyone is successful with this mod but either way, it's great that such a simple mod is able to combat this at all!

dimm0k

Jan 25, 2014
Google Pixel 4 XL

how do you know when an app is confused? without further testing, I feel like this module caused LastPass and Wells Fargo to no longer allow me to use Face Unlock

Top Liked Posts