Market Autoupdate Bulk Toggle app is now on the Market! (v1.2.1 11/8)

Search This thread

eddieringle

Jul 30, 2009
Detroit
We just released an app to the Market for rooted devices running Froyo that enables quick and easy toggling on and off of automatic updates for all of your installed Market apps (aside from system apps that update via the Market).

Search for "market autoupdate" on the Android Market and try it out now!

Let us know what you think of it. Some people mentioned they would be interested to see widget support for this. If enough people want a widget, we'll consider adding widget support to this app!

v1.1 adds a progress spinner and has some internal changes.
v1.1.1 fixes a crash that occurs when trying to click the same button twice. It also fixes an issue that caused the app not to work on high memory devices.
v1.2 fixes a problem where the app would not work on devices without a sqlite3 binary (which includes most rooted stock ROMs that I didn't account for).
v1.2.1 adds a new icon. :)

EDIT:
bartito requested a screenshot, although there isn't much to see :p

attachment.php

Attachments

• marketAutoupdateBulkToggle.png
    marketAutoupdateBulkToggle.png
    16.1 KB · Views: 10,659
Last edited:
Reactions: jdb78
D

Deleted member 267841

hi,
please, include a screenshots.
a question: includes adds or is addsfree?
Thanks

trilogy069

Dec 11, 2008
Tried to install and could not on my HTC HD2 running Hyperdroid 1.2. Received installation error 'unknown reason - 18. nice thought though!!!

foxdog66

Jul 28, 2010
so dose this turn on/off autoupdate feature? will you still see updates? im also curious about the update all feature, is that disabled?

xanthropos

Aug 6, 2009
Awesome work, defo will be useful. Wish I'd had it a month ago then I'd be £30 better off due to roaming auto update fun times :)

D

Deleted member 267841

hi,
good work man!
only a question (not a bug)
is possible to make a option in your program to enable autoupdate
in / data applications and to disable for / system applications?

mattots

Jul 1, 2010
Great app!

It would be great if it could be integrated with Tasker.

EXACTLY what I just logged in to say! I'd love to be able to automatically turn off market autoupdates when I'm not connected to wifi (there's no way I'd remember to manually turn it on and off all the time!), but I imagine there needs to be some additional functionality built into this app first to allow interaction via Tasker?

hawkeyexp

May 26, 2006
Hi eddieringle,

really nice app ! A must have tool !

But one request: can you make a version that can disable auto-update for all apps including sys-apps ?

Greats hawkeye

eddieringle

Jul 30, 2009
Detroit
Hi eddieringle,

really nice app ! A must have tool !

But one request: can you make a version that can disable auto-update for all apps including sys-apps ?

Greats hawkeye

We're still looking into why it doesn't work on system applications. When we figure that out, we'll update the application right away. :)

On another note, 1.2 includes it's own sqlite3 binary, so most of the people who had trouble getting it working should find that it works for them now.

del4

Jan 25, 2007
Arizona
Personally, I'd rather see a list of installed apps with a checkbox indicating Autoupdate status so I can quickly run down my list of apps (perhaps with a tab separating system from installed apps) and check/uncheck Autoupdate for each one. Currently, you have to go into each app separately to do this, which is a major pain... Hope this can be considered for a future update?

ViciousxGaruda

May 8, 2010
Oakland Cali
I went to slide me and it download but wouldn't install and I try to download it in the Android Market, it download but it say "installation error unknown reason - 18" so I can't install... any help? I'm using an Evo rooted with Clockwork recovery.

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App

Bloodflame

Jul 9, 2010
Brantford, ON
www.bloodflame.ca
Great app!!! It would be nice to be able to choose what to update though, all in 1 simple list, just as it was previously mentioned. Also, the ability to turn off auto-updating when roaming would be useful too (however I do have my phone set to disable data altogether when I'm roaming, it might be useful for others).

keep up the great work!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    We just released an app to the Market for rooted devices running Froyo that enables quick and easy toggling on and off of automatic updates for all of your installed Market apps (aside from system apps that update via the Market).

Search for "market autoupdate" on the Android Market and try it out now!

Let us know what you think of it. Some people mentioned they would be interested to see widget support for this. If enough people want a widget, we'll consider adding widget support to this app!

v1.1 adds a progress spinner and has some internal changes.
    v1.1.1 fixes a crash that occurs when trying to click the same button twice. It also fixes an issue that caused the app not to work on high memory devices.
    v1.2 fixes a problem where the app would not work on devices without a sqlite3 binary (which includes most rooted stock ROMs that I didn't account for).
    v1.2.1 adds a new icon. :)

EDIT:
    bartito requested a screenshot, although there isn't much to see :p

attachment.php