• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Marketplace Browser and Downloader for Windows Phone 7

Search This thread

naweed

Mar 4, 2009
Zune is a wonderful application for finding and installing Windows Phone 7 applications on your phone. The other alternative is to use Market Place application in WP7 handset. If have an HTC HD2 which doesn't support WP7 officially, but thanks to XDA Developers and DarkForcesTeam, I am running WP7 on this handset with no issues.

Initially, when I upgraded, I couldn't connect to Windows Market Place and browse or install applications because of Windows Live Services Registration (which I later resolved). So, I wrote an app to resolve my problem.

What this application does is, that it allows to browse for free apps on the marketplace, and download them to your hard disk which you can later use to deploy to your handset manually (developer unlocked phone or ChebronWP7 unlocked phone). The interface is pretty simple and serves the purpose. The only pending thing is automatically deploying the downloaded application to the device, which I will leave for a later date (anyone to help me out with this).

Post_WP7_MktPlace.jpg

View attachment XGENO.WindowsMarketPlace.zip

naweed

Mar 4, 2009
Guys,
Any one has an idea on how I can add the "DEPLOY to WP7 device" feature from my application?

djyassir

Apr 28, 2009
i cant install any application from ur market :S all the time the same error u need to unlock your phone ! but my phone it's unlocked already :S

brooon

May 11, 2009
i cant install any application from ur market :S all the time the same error u need to unlock your phone ! but my phone it's unlocked already :S

Oooh noooo!! Same here...so sad, happily downloaded lot of promising apps...none of them can be installed.

EDIT: The first app listed in the first post is claiming that the device has to be unlocked. The second app listed in the post above is claiming that the app hasn´t a valid license. :(

Last edited:
Aug 28, 2010
marketplace

It seems that PPCBOY has something done right on his 7008 rom wp7 my hd2 has the full use of marketplace and zune so you might want to check it out your activation key will still work

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Zune is a wonderful application for finding and installing Windows Phone 7 applications on your phone. The other alternative is to use Market Place application in WP7 handset. If have an HTC HD2 which doesn't support WP7 officially, but thanks to XDA Developers and DarkForcesTeam, I am running WP7 on this handset with no issues.

Initially, when I upgraded, I couldn't connect to Windows Market Place and browse or install applications because of Windows Live Services Registration (which I later resolved). So, I wrote an app to resolve my problem.

What this application does is, that it allows to browse for free apps on the marketplace, and download them to your hard disk which you can later use to deploy to your handset manually (developer unlocked phone or ChebronWP7 unlocked phone). The interface is pretty simple and serves the purpose. The only pending thing is automatically deploying the downloaded application to the device, which I will leave for a later date (anyone to help me out with this).

Post_WP7_MktPlace.jpg

View attachment XGENO.WindowsMarketPlace.zip