MARS_SOM V.201210 - Stock ROM Patches

Search This thread

mufunyo

Jul 28, 2012
Could you please add to the filenames the version of the firmware the patched kernels were extracted from? From the file modification date I'm guessing the kernel is based on 52.1.a.3.20 but I'd like to be sure.

Dec 6, 2017
Heya.
I've got a problem with google play. I downloaded a few apps for daily use but after all I'm not able to install any app from google play "waiting for download". I have checked security section in the settings and it says that google play is from february and when im trying to update it it says "updates are no longer available". And I have problem to finish phone configuration, it says it stopped working. I've installed missing apps from apks mirror site. Anyway except that this rom is much better than clean stock. Smoothness is so noticable.

Edit1: Google play store seems to get fixed after a while but I've got another problem. I've got terrible distortion of the top speaker, its really terrible. Anyone else have that issue or it's my hardware issue? I also cannot set any sounds like alarm, notification or even the ring. Any fix or solution for that?

Last edited:

Dec 6, 2017
No worries! It looks really awesome though, so maybe it will. I'll give it a go when I have a day off from work though. I'm surprised it hasn't gotten more acknowledgement. The dev is very talented for sure.
I think it's because of the phone not dev. Even if dev is doing something great, he cannot do such a thing because he have no testers. XZ3 was called "anti smartphone of 2k18". To be honest, I don't know why, probably because it's unique and different from the others (no notch or dots on the screen). For me and testers in my country XZ3 is a very great phone. Anyway, I'm still using my HTC One M8 as a second daily phone (basically UK number while I'm in Poland). It's premiere was 6 years ago and it's still doing great with amazing dev support. I dont think xperia family will be the same after next 4 years.

Last edited:
Reactions: jal3223

JeremyDE

Dec 31, 2020
absolutely amazing work, same for the magisk guide without twrp! I wish I had seen this earlier but originally I just wanted to root my Sony Xperia XZ3 without a custom rom so I went for the (outdated?) guide by MartinX3 which was made for an older stock version and twrp would not load on the newest stock image so it had a bunch of problems, my device randomly would go into bootloops and all sorts of annoying shenanigans... but this, your guide for magisk and for your rom on github are perfect step by step guides for a newbie like me. It worked first try and has been running very smoothly since. I can not tell you how thankful I am!

Reactions: Miustone

Miustone

Jul 23, 2012
Marburg an der Lahn
sites.google.com
absolutely amazing work, same for the magisk guide without twrp! I wish I had seen this earlier but originally I just wanted to root my Sony Xperia XZ3 without a custom rom so I went for the (outdated?) guide by MartinX3 which was made for an older stock version and twrp would not load on the newest stock image so it had a bunch of problems, my device randomly would go into bootloops and all sorts of annoying shenanigans... but this, your guide for magisk and for your rom on github are perfect step by step guides for a newbie like me. It worked first try and has been running very smoothly since. I can not tell you how thankful I am!
Sorry for the late reply! I'm really glad i was able to help out with this! Thanks for Your Post, that really keeps Me up doing My Stuff here :)
52.1.A.3.92 install with magisk that can't show any funtion.
Can You explain that? Do You mean You can't see the Module or do You have Problems with Magisk?

I updated the MARS_SOM for Android 11 btw. guess You're out of luck if You want to use it from now on Stock. Anyways, i also have to upgrade this or next Year from My Xperia 5 (2019 Device). I also really see SONY has enhanced their Devices on Software Side. They have now a seperated Recovery Partition allowing to flash Recoveries aside from a Kernel. HUGE CHANGE! I really think Xperias are the best Devices for developing right now. The Open Devices Project has also some huge Things to release next #mainlinekernel

Really looking forward to support the Xperia Users on the latest Devices! <3

BianDanW

Jan 12, 2021
xperia xz3 52.1.A.3.92
1.png

Install the ↑ Zip using the Magisk Manager Modules Section and do a reboot
↑ loop reboot

kirin72212

Jun 7, 2013
Taipei
Sorry for the late reply! I'm really glad i was able to help out with this! Thanks for Your Post, that really keeps Me up doing My Stuff here :)

Can You explain that? Do You mean You can't see the Module or do You have Problems with Magisk?

I updated the MARS_SOM for Android 11 btw. guess You're out of luck if You want to use it from now on Stock. Anyways, i also have to upgrade this or next Year from My Xperia 5 (2019 Device). I also really see SONY has enhanced their Devices on Software Side. They have now a seperated Recovery Partition allowing to flash Recoveries aside from a Kernel. HUGE CHANGE! I really think Xperias are the best Devices for developing right now. The Open Devices Project has also some huge Things to release next #mainlinekernel

Really looking forward to support the Xperia Users on the latest Devices! <3
No, i've not explained.
Sorry about my Eng is very poor...

i show my steps to u
maybe something is wrong, and u can help me~

first i flash stock rom with 52.1.A.3.92
second install magisk
third flash marsrom with magisk

and menu or phone's word showed too small.

i don't know what happen !!

Commi95

Apr 16, 2021
Can someone please help me? Everything is going well up until I try to install MARS_SOM through magisk. If I put just nga in the folder it installs, but I get a bootloop. If I put the nga and meta info then it won't even install through magisk. To zip, I go into the MARS_SOM map, select all and add to a zip. What am I doing wrong?
I have an xperia xz3

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Welcome to MARS SOM
    The first so called SOM
    Systemless-On-Memory
    The right naming for a new age of Android ROMs

Years of porting, Stock ROMs and My Patches came to an end...
    Since Magisk has grown to a full root and modding Solution for Android have i switched with My Development to creating Magisk Module Patches. Or in other Words, Systemless ROMs.
    Mainly focusing on extending the Android Build Props are there also pure Parts of the latest Pixel Device Firmwares. Get the full Pixel UI Expierence, get extra Pixel Functions and Apps together with a better overall Experience. Better Audio In- and Output, better Display Calibrations, better Performance, more Functions You will find nowhere else...

Short Feature List:
    (Not everything is listed)
    Full Camera API2 Support
    Full Pixel User Interface
    Ported Pixel 4 XL Apps
    Ported Pixel 4 XL Features
    Enabled various Android Features
    Enhanced Security Support
    Enhanced Display 4K HDR Support
    Enhanced Audio Output
    Enhanced Audio Input
    Enhanced Display Output
    Enhanced Camera Functionalities
    Enhanced Graphical Handling & Rendering
    Enhanced Network Functionalities
    Faster booting and Reboots
    Debloating of the Firmwares
    Systemless Magisk Module
    No need for TWRP

Bugs:
    Gesture & 2 Button Navigation does not work actually
    (You can use QuickSwitch to switch to Xperia Home to make it work)

Donations:
    paypal.me/miustone
    He said that "it could". Nobody confirmed if they have tried it or not.

I'll give it a try and see when I can and report back.
    Ye, you're right, sorry ?
    Just try it and let XZ2 users know, I'm sure they will be grateful. Good luck!
    No worries! It looks really awesome though, so maybe it will. I'll give it a go when I have a day off from work though. I'm surprised it hasn't gotten more acknowledgement. The dev is very talented for sure.
    I think it's because of the phone not dev. Even if dev is doing something great, he cannot do such a thing because he have no testers. XZ3 was called "anti smartphone of 2k18". To be honest, I don't know why, probably because it's unique and different from the others (no notch or dots on the screen). For me and testers in my country XZ3 is a very great phone. Anyway, I'm still using my HTC One M8 as a second daily phone (basically UK number while I'm in Poland). It's premiere was 6 years ago and it's still doing great with amazing dev support. I dont think xperia family will be the same after next 4 years.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone