• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

MARS_SOMs V211031 - Pixel Stock ROM Patches

Search This thread

Miustone

Jul 23, 2012
Marburg an der Lahn
sites.google.com
Sony Xperia 5
Searching a Tester for the MARS_SOM on Stock. The Tester should know how to download and repack a Zip from GitHub. It would be needed to test the single Parts of the SOM by adding them Step by Step to find the Reason for the Bootloops at some Point. I can't figure it out actually without having a Mark 2.

Best Regards

zakenaio

Nov 15, 2007
Ok, well I'm not on windows, and after what ive read here I need that **** to repack a rom and get a proper file to flash.
Just have to see if I can do this in VirtualBox.
Need to figure out of there's an easy way to revert if everything goes to hell.
Waiting for the a11 release. Pixel5rom with all the sonys bells and whistles would be awesome.

Will look into it.

ADB fastboot flash myeffingfile.rom

Was so mush easier. ??

Miustone

Jul 23, 2012
Marburg an der Lahn
sites.google.com
Sony Xperia 5
Ok, well I'm not on windows, and after what ive read here I need that **** to repack a rom and get a proper file to flash.
Just have to see if I can do this in VirtualBox.
Need to figure out of there's an easy way to revert if everything goes to hell.
Waiting for the a11 release. Pixel5rom with all the sonys bells and whistles would be awesome.

Will look into it.

ADB fastboot flash myeffingfile.rom

Was so mush easier.

You can repack on any OS that can handle Zips. You Don't even need a PC. There can't Go anything wrong. It's Systemless. If You remove the SOM everything will be Stock again...

You just need to have Magisk, which you can also get without Windows...

zakenaio

Nov 15, 2007
Yes, I thought I had to use some app to make a proper .rom or something.
Is there magisk for this device yet? Didn't know. Then I wouldn't be a problem. I'll look into it.

slsamg7112

testes on my XZ3 (H9493)

before
E49OIJt.png

after
qGm317D.png

1.boot animation is gone, directly shows lockscreen
2.as the screenshot, there are bigger gaps between icons and edge on top of corner than stock
3.Camera2API is still the same which is not surprised
4.Netflix HDR playback seems don't work, quality is not good as before
5.letters and candidate on Xperia keyboard turns gray and white, hard to specify which key is it

since the keyboard issue, I've uninstalled this module
but thanks for the work;)

Miustone

Jul 23, 2012
Marburg an der Lahn
sites.google.com
Sony Xperia 5
testes on my XZ3 (H9493)

before
E49OIJt.png

after
qGm317D.png

1.boot animation is gone, directly shows lockscreen
2.as the screenshot, there are bigger gaps between icons and edge on top of corner than stock
3.Camera2API is still the same which is not surprised
4.Netflix HDR playback seems don't work, quality is not good as before
5.letters and candidate on Xperia keyboard turns gray and white, hard to specify which key is it

since the keyboard issue, I've uninstalled this module
but thanks for the work;)

The actual Releases are Betas again. There are No Camera optimizations anymore (yet) so it's not suprising what you face...

The Bootanimation is disabled (no need for it since it causes Boot delays). That will not Change...

The Icon GApps are caused by the Pixel 4 XL UI actually. That's the Price for the Dark Mode and other Features (yet)

Netflix is also not optimized anymore (yet)

Would be nice If You could Tell Me more about the Keyboard. GBoard is the Default Xperia Keyboard for some Time now and the Xperia Keyboard isn't under development anymore (or even delivered with Stock Firmwares). Where did You get it from (or was it pre-installed?)? Just use GBoard which Supports dynamic Themes and has much more Features and Functions?
A pretty small reason to uninstall that many benefits based on that :rolleyes:

It's the First time MARS runs/booted on a XZ3 btw. That Happend after starting from Scratch again (Reason for Missing stuff and the Betas). Thanks for letting Me know. Great News! Now are just the MARK 2 left to Work...

Last edited:

acatoan

Does using custom on latest generation Xperia Phone still erases some sort of Camera DRM and in the end users are getting downgraded camera performance like in the past Xperias? Or such thing are no longer the case and it is perfectly safe to use custom ROM and switch back to stock ROM whenever needed?
I had the same confuse of you. But didn't get answer yet. What's about Dolby, Creator Mode?

Last edited:

R800x_user

Oct 20, 2013
East Palo Alto
Nexus 7
Nexus 7 (2013)
I has the same confuse of you. But didn't get answer yet. What's about Dolby, Creator Mode?
No with these new Xperia the drm doesn't get affected. So camera quality isn't affected along with Dolby and creator mode. Using flashing tools when returning to stock also restores the phone like new as well. So you aren't missing anything when using this phone with a unlocked bootloader. Photo pro and cinema pro are available for custom roms as well.

Reactions: acatoan

S5Guy

Oct 25, 2016
No with these new Xperia the drm doesn't get affected. So camera quality isn't affected along with Dolby and creator mode. Using flashing tools when returning to stock also restores the phone like new as well. So you aren't missing anything when using this phone with a unlocked bootloader. Photo pro and cinema pro are available for custom roms as well.

So this will completely restore ALL DRM-tied functionality in the Xperia 1 ii as opposed to just the stock ROM with the bootloader unlocked and the DRM keys wiped?

S5Guy

Oct 25, 2016
Updates on GitHub and the Thread is overhauled. Enjoy the refresh, hope everything works now!

Whoops. I quoted the wrong person. So this will completely restore ALL DRM-tied functionality in the Xperia 1 ii as opposed to just the stock ROM with the bootloader unlocked and the DRM keys wiped?

Miustone

Jul 23, 2012
Marburg an der Lahn
sites.google.com
Sony Xperia 5
Whoops. I quoted the wrong person. So this will completely restore ALL DRM-tied functionality in the Xperia 1 ii as opposed to just the stock ROM with the bootloader unlocked and the DRM keys wiped?
"No features are lost apart from the usual (Safetynet not passing without Magisk Hide + Universal Safetynet fix, and Widevine L3 instead of L1 which means you lose Netflix HD support), these features will return if you relock bootloader."
And No. This Project Isn't intended to Hack around with any DRMs...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Welcome to MARS SOM
    The first so called SOM
    Systemless-On-Memory
    SOM - The right naming for a new age of Android ROMs

Years of porting, Stock ROMs and My Patches came to an end...
    Since Magisk has grown to a full root and modding Solution for Android have i switched with My Development to creating Magisk Module Patches. Or in other Words, Systemless ROMs.
    Mainly focusing on extending the Android Build Props are there also pure Parts of the latest Pixel Device Firmwares. Get the full Pixel UI Expierence, get extra Pixel Functions and Apps together with a better overall Experience. Better Audio In- and Output, better Display Calibrations, better Performance, more Functions packed into two Zip Files...

Features:
    Ported Pixel Apps
    Ported Pixel Features
    Ported Pixel UI & Colors
    Ported Pixel Black Dark Mode
    Ported Pixel Sounds
    Ported Pixel Wallpapers
    Ported Pixel Live Wallpapers
    Ported Pixel Launcher & Themes
    EXTRA UI Accent Colors
    EXTRA UI Icon Shapes
    EXTRA UI Icon Styles
    EXTRA UI Font Styles
    EXTRA Xperia Stock Wallpapers
    EXTRA Xperia Live Wallpapers
    Enabled various Android Features
    Enabled various hidden Features
    Enhanced Security Support
    Enhanced Display 4K HDR Support
    Enhanced Audio Output
    Enhanced Audio Input
    Enhanced Display Output
    Enhanced Camera Functionalities
    Enhanced Graphical Handling & Rendering
    Enhanced Network Functionalities
    Faster booting and Reboots

Requirements:
    Magisk Stable Channel
    Android 11 Xperia Stock Firmware
    A way to extract and create Zip Files
    (For GitHub Zips)

Downloads:
    Note: Zips from GitHub can't be flashed ootb.

GitHub?!:
    Extract the 2 Downloaded Zips and repack everything inside of the second "MARS_SOM_XXX" Folders to Zips. Everything is explained on the ReadMe's!

Install this Zips with Magisk and enjoy <3

Bugs:
    QuickSwitch is needed for the Pixel Launcher
    BT AAC Codec is broken (BT Audio Works)
    Phone Audio may be broken
    Bootloops on MARK III Devices
    (GEAR 1st, 2nd & 3th are working)
    (GEAR 3rd, 4th, 5th & 6th are not working)

Donations:
    paypal.me/miustone
    Android 11 Updates are out on GitHub! Will push a ready-to-use Version on My Website next!
    Threads updated for newer Releases <3
    Instructions can be found in the README on GitHub: https://github.com/Miustone/MARS_SOM
    Updated the Thread, MARS_SOMs and GitHub<3