Development MARS_SOMs - Stock - VoLTE, VoWifi, Carrier Video Calls

Search This thread

Miustone

Jul 23, 2012
Google Pixel 7 Pro
MARS SOM
miu.png

Years of porting, Stock ROMs and My Patches came to an end...
Since Magisk has grown to a full root and modding Solution for Android have i switched with My Development to creating Magisk Module Patches. Or in other Words, Systemless ROMs.
Mainly focusing on extending the Android Build Props are there also pure Parts of the latest Pixel Device Firmwares. Get the full Pixel UI Expierence, get extra Pixel Functions and Apps together with a better overall Experience. Better Audio In- and Output, better Display Calibrations, better Performance, more Functions packed into a simple Magisk Module.

Features:
Ported Pixel Apps
Ported Pixel Features
Ported Pixel UI & Colors
Ported Pixel Black Dark Mode
Xperia Sound Enhancements
Xperia Pro-I Content Ported
HTC UI & User Sounds
Xperia Live Wallpapers
Enabled various Android Features
Enabled various Hardware Features
Enhanced Security Support
Enhanced Display Quality
Enhanced Audio Output
Enhanced Audio Input
Enhanced FHD/4K HDR Output
Enhanced Camera Functionalities
Enhanced Graphical Handling & Rendering
Enhanced Network Functionalities
Faster booting and Reboots

Requirements:
Magisk Stable 24+
Android 13 Stock Xperia FW
Magisk Init.d Injector

Download:

Bugs:
Report them if You found one!

Donations:
paypal.me/miustone

Last edited:

MK73DS

Dec 25, 2014
Asus ZenFone 2
Samsung Galaxy S7
Nice work. I'm glad to already see some custom ROMs (well, in that case, SOM).
However, this is the first time I encounter a SOM, is it just a Magisk module that can be turned on and off at will, switching between stock and Mars? Or shouldn't I do that?

tknguyencsu@gmail.com

Oct 22, 2014
Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S
Welcome to MARS SOM
The first so called SOM
Systemless-On-Memory
SOM - The right naming for a new age of Android ROMs

Since Magisk has grown to a full root and modding Solution for Android have i switched with My Development to creating Magisk Module Patches. Or in other Words, Systemless ROMs.
Mainly focusing on extending the Android Build Props are there also pure Parts of the latest Pixel Device Firmwares. Get the full Pixel UI Expierence, get extra Pixel Functions and Apps together with a better overall Experience. Better Audio In- and Output, better Display Calibrations, better Performance, more Functions packed into two Zip Files...

Features:
Full Camera API2 Support
Full Pixel User Interface
Full Darkmode Support
Ported Pixel Apps
Ported Pixel Features
Enhanced Display 4K HDR Support
Enhanced Audio Output
Enhanced Audio Input
Enhanced Display Output

Requirements:
Magisk Beta or Canary Channel
Android 11
A way to extract and create Zip Files
(For GitHub Zips)

Downloads:
Note: Zips from GitHub can't be flashed ootb.

GitHub?!:
Extract the 2 Downloaded Zips and repack everything inside of the second "MARS_SOM_XXX" Folders to Zips

Flash these Zips with Magisk and enjoy <3

Bugs:
QuickSwitch is needed for the Pixel Launcher

Donations:
paypal.me/miustone
Could you please tell me where can I obtain more information about this "Mars Som" and more details instruction to install it. Thanks for your reply.

Reactions: kaladinseye

Miustone

Jul 23, 2012
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Thanks for Your Interest! I'm reconstructing the SOMs on GitHub and the ReadMe's there will be updated soon with more Infos! For now, just Check My (Discontinued) MARS-SOM Repo on GitHub...

BR

Miustone

Jul 23, 2012
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Hrm guessing this isnt rdy yet? Just tried installing the base and rom in Magisk 23 as modules but it causes a bootloop. Noticed on GitHub says android 12 is required?
Sorry for the Issues! Could You try again now? I have removed the Vendor stuff for now...
Can You also try to use them seperated? I do actually not own the 1 III so i can't test Myself. Feel also free to collab. with Me on GitHub :)

tonysunshine

Sorry for the Issues! Could You try again now? I have removed the Vendor stuff for now...
Can You also try to use them seperated? I do actually not own the 1 III so i can't test Myself. Feel also free to collab. with Me on GitHub :)
Hi what do you mean by use them separated? Like install/activate the base module, reboot, then do the system module?

tardis_42

Dec 9, 2014
Sony Xperia 1 III
I also got a bootloop after installing the zips. I tried following the instructions on your github and was able to do the device simulation with the props config module, but can't follow the next step "Download and extract the NgaResources.apk to /MARS_SOM_SYSTEM/system/product/app/NgaResources" as there's no NgaResources.apk file anywhere on the github that I can find. Could it be this missing file that's causing issues?

akkk44

Sep 17, 2018
Xperia 1 III here.
I followed the steps on github and everything went smoothly even after I flashed the MARS_SOM_BASE zip. However, after flashing the MARS_SOM_SYSTEM , I stuck in a bootloop. I have downloaded the MARS_Product_Overlay apk and place it.
I am willing to help if you need further info.

Reactions: Miustone

Miustone

Jul 23, 2012
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Xperia 1 III here.
I followed the steps on github and everything went smoothly even after I flashed the MARS_SOM_BASE zip. However, after flashing the MARS_SOM_SYSTEM , I stuck in a bootloop. I have downloaded the MARS_Product_Overlay apk and place it.
I am willing to help if you need further info.
Wow, I'm glad the BASE zip worked so far. You are getting a lot out of it. But I'm pretty sure there will be bugs around somewhere...
And thanks a ton for Your Post! I'm on the go but if You want to test around...
Move folders out of the _SYSTEM /system Folder like /product, /vendor and so on. Start with removing all except for one Folder and try if it boots up. If You can tell Me which folder causes issues or even which files will I handle it on GitHub for You.

About the Files @tardis_42 . You can find the Files on My Website / Google Drive. The link is in the Readme on GitHub

akkk44

Sep 17, 2018
Wow, I'm glad the BASE zip worked so far. You are getting a lot out of it. But I'm pretty sure there will be bugs around somewhere...
And thanks a ton for Your Post! I'm on the go but if You want to test around...
Move folders out of the _SYSTEM /system Folder like /product, /vendor and so on. Start with removing all except for one Folder and try if it boots up. If You can tell Me which folder causes issues or even which files will I handle it on GitHub for You.

About the Files @tardis_42 . You can find the Files on My Website / Google Drive. The link is in the Readme on GitHub
I wanna help but recovering from bootloop is a real pain in my a**. I somehow managed to disable all magisk moudules and get out of boot loop but I am not sure if I can do it again. The only two methods I knew about getting out od a bootloop is removing modules with TWRP but currently 1 iii doesn't have one, the other method is using the adb command but I am not sure how to send adb commands to the phone while it stucked in a bootloop.
Any ideas?

Miustone

Jul 23, 2012
Google Pixel 7 Pro
I wanna help but recovering from bootloop is a real pain in my a**. I somehow managed to disable all magisk moudules and get out of boot loop but I am not sure if I can do it again. The only two methods I knew about getting out od a bootloop is removing modules with TWRP but currently 1 iii doesn't have one, the other method is using the adb command but I am not sure how to send adb commands to the phone while it stucked in a bootloop.
Any ideas?
You can simply hold Volume down while booting to get into "Recovery Mode". It disables all Modules and most Apps. You can reboot from that into the normal state again... Should mention that somewhere I think... (It's a Magisk Feature too)

Edit: Does not work with USB Connected! Hold Volume down after You see the Bootloader Unlocked Message. Keep holding until You are in Android

Edit 2: Think Ill make Video guides too for some needs if there is enough Interest...

Last edited:

akkk44

Sep 17, 2018
You can simply hold Volume down while booting to get into "Recovery Mode". It disables all Modules and most Apps. You can reboot from that into the normal state again... Should mention that somewhere I think... (It's a Magisk Feature too)

Edit: Does not work with USB Connected! Hold Volume down after You see the Bootloader Unlocked Message. Keep holding until You are in Android

Edit 2: Think Ill make Video guides too for some needs if there is enough Interest...
Understood! I will test the module out sometime……

Reactions: Miustone

Miustone

Jul 23, 2012
Google Pixel 7 Pro
HUGE UPDATES INCOMING!

MARS will be available over GitHub Releases so You can easily Download ready-to-use Zips of MARS for Magisk. Also included are now OTA Updates for MARS over Magisk and the focus Changed to GSIs again. Use PHH AOSP 12 or PIXEL EXPIERENCE 12 by Ponces to unleash Your Xperias 😇

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    MARS SOM
    miu.png

Mainly focusing on extending the Android Build Props are there also pure Parts of the latest Pixel Device Firmwares. Get the full Pixel UI Expierence, get extra Pixel Functions and Apps together with a better overall Experience. Better Audio In- and Output, better Display Calibrations, better Performance, more Functions packed into a simple Magisk Module.

Features:
    Ported Pixel Apps
    Ported Pixel Features
    Ported Pixel UI & Colors
    Ported Pixel Black Dark Mode
    Xperia Sound Enhancements
    Xperia Pro-I Content Ported
    HTC UI & User Sounds
    Xperia Live Wallpapers
    Enabled various Hardware Features
    Enhanced Display Quality
    Enhanced Audio Output
    Enhanced Audio Input
    Enhanced FHD/4K HDR Output

Requirements:
    Magisk Stable 24+
    Android 13 Stock Xperia FW
    Magisk Init.d Injector

Download:

Bugs:
    Report them if You found one!

Donations:
    paypal.me/miustone
    HUGE UPDATES INCOMING!

MARS will be available over GitHub Releases so You can easily Download ready-to-use Zips of MARS for Magisk. Also included are now OTA Updates for MARS over Magisk and the focus Changed to GSIs again. Use PHH AOSP 12 or PIXEL EXPIERENCE 12 by Ponces to unleash Your Xperias 😇
    Could anybody share a mirror link, please?
    I'm working on it. GitHub made me just to much trouble... I try everything from scratch now :/

Edit: Uploading a personal copy to Google Drive

Welcome to MARS SOM
    The first so called SOM
    Systemless-On-Memory
    SOM - The right naming for a new age of Android ROMs

Mainly focusing on extending the Android Build Props are there also pure Parts of the latest Pixel Device Firmwares. Get the full Pixel UI Expierence, get extra Pixel Functions and Apps together with a better overall Experience. Better Audio In- and Output, better Display Calibrations, better Performance, more Functions packed into two Zip Files...

Features:
    Full Camera API2 Support
    Full Pixel User Interface
    Full Darkmode Support
    Ported Pixel Apps
    Ported Pixel Features
    Enhanced Display 4K HDR Support
    Enhanced Audio Output
    Enhanced Audio Input
    Enhanced Display Output

Requirements:
    Magisk Beta or Canary Channel
    Android 11
    A way to extract and create Zip Files
    (For GitHub Zips)

Downloads:
    Note: Zips from GitHub can't be flashed ootb.

GitHub?!:
    Extract the 2 Downloaded Zips and repack everything inside of the second "MARS_SOM_XXX" Folders to Zips

Flash these Zips with Magisk and enjoy <3

Bugs:
    QuickSwitch is needed for the Pixel Launcher

Donations:
    paypal.me/miustone
    Could you please tell me where can I obtain more information about this "Mars Som" and more details instruction to install it. Thanks for your reply.
    An error occurs when entering the lower side touch input delay and the battery window
    Why spam so much with reply after reply ? Omg.