MARS_SOMs V220313 - Pixel Expierence Android 12+ GSI Patches

Search This thread

BrandonMCMFG

May 17, 2020
Xperia XZ2
Nintendo Switch
HUGE UPDATES INCOMING!

MARS will be available over GitHub Releases so You can easily Download ready-to-use Zips of MARS for Magisk. Also included are now OTA Updates for MARS over Magisk and the focus Changed to GSIs again. Use PHH AOSP 12 or PIXEL EXPIERENCE 12 by Ponces to unleash Your Xperias 😇
Hello, I have been following this project for quite some time. I would like to install it but I dont fully understand how the gears work. What do they do and what is the most reccomended way to use them? Thanks. :)

Edit: So I am guessing that if I install 1_MARS_SOM_BASE-GEAR_FIRST and 2_MARS_SOM_OVERLAY-GEAR_SECOND I will get Gear 3. So I will have the Base SOM and the system overlays?

grisu59964

Sep 15, 2013
N 51° E 008°
Sony Xperia 5
I've tried different gears with Pixel Experience 12 (vndklite) and the current AOSP vendor image for my Xperia 5. Most of the things work fine. Without MARS, there is no automatic brightness for the display. With Gears 2 and 3, there is a button to activate auto brightness, but it has no effect. But this is the only major issue beside that the background settings crash as soon as I try to open the live background which are not so important for me.

Reactions: Miustone
I've tried different gears with Pixel Experience 12 (vndklite) and the current AOSP vendor image for my Xperia 5. Most of the things work fine. Without MARS, there is no automatic brightness for the display. With Gears 2 and 3, there is a button to activate auto brightness, but it has no effect. But this is the only major issue beside that the background settings crash as soon as I try to open the live background which are not so important for me.
Thanks for Your Feedback! Auto Brightness will be fixed soon. I'm in contact with PHH.
MARS will be unified again with the next Releases. I started from Scratch and cleaned out some Things. Update will come the next 24 Hours for the latest Pixel Expierence Release...

BrandonMCMFG

May 17, 2020
Xperia XZ2
Nintendo Switch
Thanks for Your Feedback! Auto Brightness will be fixed soon. I'm in contact with PHH.
MARS will be unified again with the next Releases. I started from Scratch and cleaned out some Things. Update will come the next 24 Hours for the latest Pixel Expierence Release...
ohh wow, that is really cool that you are in contact with PHH himself! Good luck getting this to work, i am looking foward to it. :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    MARS SOM
    mars.png

The first so called SOM
    Systemless-On-Memory

Years of porting, Stock ROMs and My Patches came to an end...
    Since Magisk has grown to a full root and modding Solution for Android have i switched with My Development to creating Magisk Module Patches. Or in other Words, Systemless ROMs.
    Mainly focusing on extending the Android Build Props are there also pure Parts of the latest Pixel Device Firmwares. Get the full Pixel UI Expierence, get extra Pixel Functions and Apps together with a better overall Experience. Better Audio In- and Output, better Display Calibrations, better Performance, more Functions packed into a simple Magisk Module.

Features:
    Ported Pixel Apps
    Ported Pixel Features
    Ported Pixel UI & Colors
    Ported Pixel Black Dark Mode
    Xperia Sound Enhancements
    Xperia Pro-I Content Ported
    HTC UI & User Sounds
    Xperia Live Wallpapers
    Enabled various Android Features
    Enabled various Hardware Features
    Enhanced Security Support
    Enhanced Display Quality
    Enhanced Audio Output
    Enhanced Audio Input
    Enhanced FHD/4K HDR Output
    Enhanced Camera Functionalities
    Enhanced Graphical Handling & Rendering
    Enhanced Network Functionalities
    Faster booting and Reboots

Requirements:
    Magisk Stable 24+
    Android 12 GSI (Pixel Expierence)
    [Preferred ARM64 A/B VNDKLITE]

Downloads:

Non GSI related Bugs:
    Report them if You found one!

Donations:
    paypal.me/miustone
    Instructions can be found in the README on GitHub: https://github.com/Miustone/MARS_SOM
    It's really crazy to see almost no Development at all anymore... After doing that so many Years and after trying to create something new with My Patches, since back in the Nexus 6 Days am i hoping this one here will lasts for a long Time! We will see how the future of Android will look like...

One Thing You could Me support with: Google Camera! Thats what a Pixel like Projects needs to be complete...
    Fixed the main Issue in the Alpha Stage. Beta will come soon :)
    BETA2 coming. Fixed all Bugs on Stock. Optimized a lot under the hood. Added Audio functions such as Monitor Rotation (Channels change on base of the actual rotation state), Google Pixel UI with Black Dark Mode, Audio Recorder, Pixel Launcher, Theme Manager and so on. Hope You will enjoy it! A Video Preview is also incoming!

(PS: Please avoid using the Gesture Navigation since it's broken with the Pixel Launcher. QuickSwitch for Magisk may fix that, or you can try to install a third Launcher from the Play Store. Sorry for that!)