MARS_SOMs V220313 - Pixel Expierence Android 12+ GSI Patches

Search This thread

niaboc79

Recognized Developer / Inactive RT
Sep 8, 2007
Enghien
www.nirvana-records.be
BETA2 coming. Fixed all Bugs on Stock. Optimized a lot under the hood. Added Audio functions such as Monitor Rotation (Channels change on base of the actual rotation state), Google Pixel UI with Black Dark Mode, Audio Recorder, Pixel Launcher, Theme Manager and so on. Hope You will enjoy it! A Video Preview is also incoming!

(PS: Please avoid using the Gesture Navigation since it's broken with the Pixel Launcher. QuickSwitch for Magisk may fix that, or you can try to install a third Launcher from the Play Store. Sorry for that!)

Hi,

For the gesture navigation, you will be able to fix it with a framework-res overlay ?

Decompile stock framework-res, look inside strings.xml for everything with com.sonymobile.launcher and replace it with com.google.android.app.nexuslauncher with an overlay.

If you've got an abstract method issue, let me know with a logcat, I know how to fix it.

It should work, I've added nexus launcher inside eXistenZ.

Last edited:

Miustone

Jul 23, 2012
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Hi,

For the gesture navigation, you will be able to fix it with a framework-res overlay

Decompile stock framework-res, look inside strings.xml for everything with com.sonymobile.launcher and replace it with com.google.android.app.nexuslauncher with an overlay.

If you've got an abstract method issue, let me know with a logcat, I know how to fix it.

It should work, I've added nexus launcher inside eXistenZ.

Oh nice, thank You very much for letting Me know! Do You also have the Pixel Livewallpapers working? :mad:

Miustone

Jul 23, 2012
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Fixed the Wallpapers with the latest Release except for the Ones using Hardware Sensors Like the Compass. Also added other Missing Pixel Features Like Auto Subtitles and extra Recorder Functions ?

LineArc

Apr 26, 2013
Sharp Aquos R6
I mean no disrespect to anyone especially non for the developer. The only thing that is stopping me to try this is gcam support. If we could get proper gcam support I will flash it right away.

tigreek

Oct 25, 2010
Dual SIM + SD card

Hello everybody :) Did anyone manage to make dual SIMs work simultaneously with SD card inserted? Thank you :)

Kaze2508

Mar 28, 2018
Xperia 5 SOV41

I am using Xperia 5 from au one, with the code SOV41. Can I use this ROM without brick it? From my own experience, I used to brick an au Z5 once. I learned that Japanese carrier model of Xperias are easier to be bricked without save. Can I flash and use this ROM without be bricked or I have to get an International one, which cost me some more money?

Miustone

Jul 23, 2012
Google Pixel 7 Pro
I mean no disrespect to anyone especially non for the developer. The only thing that is stopping me to try this is gcam support. If we could get proper gcam support I will flash it right away.
Stock will never get real GCAM Support. I tried my best which is beyond just porting apks, but SONY screwed up the Sensor support Levels. Some of our Sensors are not even having full Camera API 2 support or even have LEVEL_3 access. Inpossible to make GCAMs work like that. We need to use AOSP with the SODP Trees to get that. 0% Chance on Stock!
Hi
Is TWRP still in Chinese?
Yes. Think we will not get a new one that soon :/
Dual SIM + SD card

Hello everybody :) Did anyone manage to make dual SIMs work simultaneously with SD card inserted? Thank you :)
In theory it should work. You just need to patch Your SD Card with the Second SIM on it.
Xperia 5 SOV41

I am using Xperia 5 from au one, with the code SOV41. Can I use this ROM without brick it? From my own experience, I used to brick an au Z5 once. I learned that Japanese carrier model of Xperias are easier to be bricked without save. Can I flash and use this ROM without be bricked or I have to get an International one, which cost me some more money?
Yes, You will be able to restore Your device by just locking the Bootloader and using Xperia Companion for repair. Besides that is my work Systemless, means Your Device will remain untouched after de-installing the MARS_SOM :) Happy flashing!

BTW: Update is out on GitHub and Google Drive / My Website! Enjoy <3

Reactions: pierro78

shizuku

Aug 1, 2005
Sony Xperia 1
Sony Xperia 5
Today i jumped the hoop and unlocked the bootloader of my Xperia 5 and ended up installing the MarsSom. But for some unclear reason the notification sound wont chime at all. The reat of all aound settings work. I can choose another notification sound but cant hear it . All volumes are up.
Any ideas?

sihuan.ri

Apr 26, 2021
幻想郷
Sony Xperia 5 II
hi, I followed your tutorial and rooted my phone with Magisk. And now I installed the MARS_SOM. Now I con't use my camera and flash light. It say "unknown error".
I am using Xperia 5 ii with "XQ-AS72_Customized HK_58.1.A.5.55"

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    MARS SOM
    mars.png

The first so called SOM
    Systemless-On-Memory

Years of porting, Stock ROMs and My Patches came to an end...
    Since Magisk has grown to a full root and modding Solution for Android have i switched with My Development to creating Magisk Module Patches. Or in other Words, Systemless ROMs.
    Mainly focusing on extending the Android Build Props are there also pure Parts of the latest Pixel Device Firmwares. Get the full Pixel UI Expierence, get extra Pixel Functions and Apps together with a better overall Experience. Better Audio In- and Output, better Display Calibrations, better Performance, more Functions packed into a simple Magisk Module.

Features:
    Ported Pixel Apps
    Ported Pixel Features
    Ported Pixel UI & Colors
    Ported Pixel Black Dark Mode
    Xperia Sound Enhancements
    Xperia Pro-I Content Ported
    HTC UI & User Sounds
    Xperia Live Wallpapers
    Enabled various Android Features
    Enabled various Hardware Features
    Enhanced Security Support
    Enhanced Display Quality
    Enhanced Audio Output
    Enhanced Audio Input
    Enhanced FHD/4K HDR Output
    Enhanced Camera Functionalities
    Enhanced Graphical Handling & Rendering
    Enhanced Network Functionalities
    Faster booting and Reboots

Requirements:
    Magisk Stable 24+
    Android 12 GSI (Pixel Expierence)
    [Preferred ARM64 A/B VNDKLITE]

Downloads:

Non GSI related Bugs:
    Report them if You found one!

Donations:
    paypal.me/miustone
    Instructions can be found in the README on GitHub: https://github.com/Miustone/MARS_SOM
    It's really crazy to see almost no Development at all anymore... After doing that so many Years and after trying to create something new with My Patches, since back in the Nexus 6 Days am i hoping this one here will lasts for a long Time! We will see how the future of Android will look like...

One Thing You could Me support with: Google Camera! Thats what a Pixel like Projects needs to be complete...
    Fixed the main Issue in the Alpha Stage. Beta will come soon :)
    BETA2 coming. Fixed all Bugs on Stock. Optimized a lot under the hood. Added Audio functions such as Monitor Rotation (Channels change on base of the actual rotation state), Google Pixel UI with Black Dark Mode, Audio Recorder, Pixel Launcher, Theme Manager and so on. Hope You will enjoy it! A Video Preview is also incoming!

(PS: Please avoid using the Gesture Navigation since it's broken with the Pixel Launcher. QuickSwitch for Magisk may fix that, or you can try to install a third Launcher from the Play Store. Sorry for that!)