MARS_SOMs V220313 - Pixel Expierence Android 12+ GSI Patches

Search This thread

Coaqii

May 29, 2017
No worries it's easy as it was. Instead of flashing TWRP Images You just have to flash a Magisk Boot Image. It will install Magisk for You over Android and You can start using Modules (Mods, MARS etc.)
Just follow one of My Guides like this one on the Xperia 5 II Forums:
Thanks!
Will look into this later today.

djdori11

Dec 3, 2020
Hi! first I would like to say thank you for your great work in this community.

I have bought the Xperia 5 II in 2020 and was disturbed by its malware filled OS and I decided not to use it until I can replace its OS with a great ROM. I think finally your ROM seems good enough for me and I would like to ask you a few questions:

1. Is the ROM 100% malware/bloatware free and degoogled?
2. Is all the Xperia features and apps like pro camera and music vibration included?
3. How would I install it if my phone is still Android 10?

Thank you in advance!

rhazes305

Sep 24, 2012
Xiaomi Poco F3
hi.. thanks for your great work and hardworking..
i'm very interested to use your ROM and this is my frst time to use any custom ROM for my X5ii,
Please help me with my problem, i manage to unlock bootloader my device, but i got bootloop after flashing magisk_patched.img.. do you know why its happen?
FYI, my X5II is Android 12

Reactions: PDesire

Fox17337

Aug 26, 2021
Hello there, great project! Would the same guide work for the XQ-AS72?
I managed to install via fastboot the binaries for this model and they go trough, but when I try to install the gsi from google I get failed command with "no such partition" for both system_a and system_b? would you know why? thanks!

PDesire

Inactive Recognized Developer / Contributor
Hello there, great project! Would the same guide work for the XQ-AS72?
I managed to install via fastboot the binaries for this model and they go trough, but when I try to install the gsi from google I get failed command with "no such partition" for both system_a and system_b? would you know why? thanks!

Before trying it again, go to the fastbootd mode with fastboot reboot fastboot and then try these commands again. Solved that issue for me.

PDesire

Inactive Recognized Developer / Contributor
hi.. thanks for your great work and hardworking..
i'm very interested to use your ROM and this is my frst time to use any custom ROM for my X5ii,
Please help me with my problem, i manage to unlock bootloader my device, but i got bootloop after flashing magisk_patched.img.. do you know why its happen?
FYI, my X5II is Android 12
Getting the same error, even with direct installation. Sadly I can't debug anything as it doesn't boot the system at all, so not even the ADB daemon. Did you try maybe Magisk Alpha as alternative?

EDIT: Seems to be a failure on PE side. Magisk works on CorvusOS

Last edited:

kagaraw

Apr 26, 2022
Thank you for your efforts and I'm excited about using Mars SOM, but I found that after installation, the X-drive program will crash and there is no sound output

The PEP version I use is pixel experience plus 12.1 v412 vndklite

Mars SOM https://drive.google.com/file/d/12mmvgG2pSD6H2P1asp_ccPOyibaySeiF/view

Update on April 28: I tried to install PEP, the previous version of MRAS you released. There is no X driver crash, but there is still no sound output
The sound returns to the maximum by default when you turn on the phone. When you make a call, you are forced to use the speaker. There is no sound and you can't turn it off
Because of my region, at first I thought it was a network problem that I couldn't open GitHub. Then I realized whether you had stopped updating?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    MARS SOM
    mars.png

The first so called SOM
    Systemless-On-Memory

Years of porting, Stock ROMs and My Patches came to an end...
    Since Magisk has grown to a full root and modding Solution for Android have i switched with My Development to creating Magisk Module Patches. Or in other Words, Systemless ROMs.
    Mainly focusing on extending the Android Build Props are there also pure Parts of the latest Pixel Device Firmwares. Get the full Pixel UI Expierence, get extra Pixel Functions and Apps together with a better overall Experience. Better Audio In- and Output, better Display Calibrations, better Performance, more Functions packed into a simple Magisk Module.

Features:
    Ported Pixel Apps
    Ported Pixel Features
    Ported Pixel UI & Colors
    Ported Pixel Black Dark Mode
    Xperia Sound Enhancements
    Xperia Pro-I Content Ported
    HTC UI & User Sounds
    Xperia Live Wallpapers
    Enabled various Android Features
    Enabled various Hardware Features
    Enhanced Security Support
    Enhanced Display Quality
    Enhanced Audio Output
    Enhanced Audio Input
    Enhanced FHD/4K HDR Output
    Enhanced Camera Functionalities
    Enhanced Graphical Handling & Rendering
    Enhanced Network Functionalities
    Faster booting and Reboots

Requirements:
    Magisk Stable 24+
    Android 12 GSI (Pixel Expierence)
    [Preferred ARM64 A/B VNDKLITE]

Downloads:

Non GSI related Bugs:
    Report them if You found one!

Donations:
    paypal.me/miustone
    HUGE UPDATES INCOMING!

MARS will be available over GitHub Releases so You can easily Download ready-to-use Zips of MARS for Magisk. Also included are now OTA Updates for MARS over Magisk and the focus Changed to GSIs again. Use PHH AOSP 12 or PIXEL EXPIERENCE 12 by Ponces to unleash Your Xperias 😇
    So, everyone should be on Android 11 now right!? Someone here who runs it with Magisk 22.0?
    Android 11 Updates are out on GitHub! Will push a ready-to-use Version on My Website next!
    Updates on GitHub and the Thread is overhauled. Enjoy the refresh, hope everything works now!
    Updated the Thread, MARS_SOMs and GitHub<3