• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Marshmallow Bootloaders

Search This thread

depdries

Oct 29, 2017
bootloader for samsung galaxy Tab S 10.5 SM-T800

hi,
i have tried to launch the bootloader T800 here above, but Odin gave me the message that it was not succesfull.

My android system is 6.0.1
Kernal version 3.4.39-8965996
[email protected]#1
Buildnr : MMB29K.T800XX1CPK2

Has anyone got the solution to unlock the bootloader ?
My system is already rooted ...
Odin is installed ...

Many thanks ...
:)

iLoveMuffinz

Jul 26, 2016
MD5 hash value invalid??

what? everything was going well untill this happpened... im not sure how or why but any help? trying to fix my broken Tab S 10.5 T800.

artart123123

Feb 2, 2018
t807V

Hi everyone,
do you think the t-807 bootloader will work for t807v too?
The latter is a verizon tablet, I am trying to unlock the bootloader to flash different non verizon rom.
thanks

Andreid_su

Feb 9, 2018
Bootloader...

Hello, ( sorry newbie nere) I have a SM-T700 on 6.0.1, these bootloaders above listed... i kind of assume once flashed, the device has an unlocked bootloader.... right?
Does is matter is the device is rooted or not? i want to root it and i seem to get conflicting advices... i read that the bootloader should be unlocked first and in other instances it should be rooted before unlocking the bootloader... hence my confusion...
Thank you

PS: my ultimate goal is to be able to move apps off internal to SD-card, and learn about fixing Android apps too.

Last edited:

ashyx

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 14, 2012
Hello, ( sorry newbie nere) I have a SM-T700 on 6.0.1, these bootloaders above listed... i kind of assume once flashed, the device has an unlocked bootloader.... right?
Does is matter is the device is rooted or not? i want to root it and i seem to get conflicting advices... i read that the bootloader should be unlocked first and in other instances it should be rooted before unlocking the bootloader... hence my confusion...
Thank you

PS: my ultimate goal is to be able to move apps off internal to SD-card, and learn about fixing Android apps too.
Your device doesn't have a locked bootloader.

Andreid_su

Feb 9, 2018
Your device doesn't have a locked bootloader.
Thank you! lol! that took care of it ;)
now i am rooted, have a 120G sd-card partitioned 93.75GB ( exFat) / 26GB(Ext2) .
The exFat seems fine, but the Ext2 is reported as corrupt and does not mount, i tried to reformat it but have not redone partition yet. Does the tool matter? i think i created the partition with Win10 tools, formated the exFat with it, then went to another tool to format the unallocated into Ext2.
I am hoping to have the ext2 "adopted" and mounted as internal storage for apps.

ashyx

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 14, 2012
Thank you! lol! that took care of it ;)
now i am rooted, have a 120G sd-card partitioned 93.75GB ( exFat) / 26GB(Ext2) .
The exFat seems fine, but the Ext2 is reported as corrupt and does not mount, i tried to reformat it but have not redone partition yet. Does the tool matter? i think i created the partition with Win10 tools, formated the exFat with it, then went to another tool to format the unallocated into Ext2.
I am hoping to have the ext2 "adopted" and mounted as internal storage for apps.
Don't use a tool to do it. Use the native partition command of your device.

Andreid_su

Feb 9, 2018
Don't use a tool to do it. Use the native partition command of your device.
Thanks... done, no error showing.
i moved an app to external storage... how can i confirm that the sd-card ext2 partion is being used? because it "feels" like it is using the exFat.
In settings, general, storage, i see internal; sd-card, and the size of it matches the exFat partition... the ext2 partition is not showing anywhere, but i know it is there.

for the command "pm set-install-location"... o-auto; 1-internal; 2-external ..... is external the exFat?
because if my ext2 partition is useless... i will get rid of it and only use the exFat.... unless there is a good reason to have it... ;)

Last edited: