Marshmallow for Idol 3

Search This thread

Bryandu13

Mar 12, 2013
No, i broken my Idol 3 and I can't participate at the test of Marshmallow, I just know delta testers will receive it at the end of April or begin of June.
Official release will be at the end of June.
Sorry for by bad English.

G

GuestK00183

No, i broken my Idol 3 and I can't participate at the test of Marshmallow, I just know delta testers will receive it at the end of April or begin of June.
Sorry for by bad English.

Ok when you receive the test of marshallow can you will share it with us....and how did you become delta tester....

Bryandu13

Mar 12, 2013
I became delta tester by Facebook page of Alcatel, They was searching for experimented Android users, I had to send them a little text.

Reactions: tomgv

jani0417

Sep 29, 2013
It's official, Marshmallow will come in June.
(I know it because i'm Delta tester for this phone).

lol :D
so far an alca rep made a comment at fb, according to this comment mm update will come at the end of may.

now here you are, who are a tester of mm or maybe not, now you're telling us update will come at the end of june.

it's fantastic :D

Bryandu13

Mar 12, 2013
I prefer have no buggy version later than a buggy version earlier.
1459782905-screenshot-20160404-122353.png

jani0417

Sep 29, 2013
I prefer have no buggy version later than a buggy version earlier.
so alcatel lied again, end of may was a fake date.

---------- Post added at 10:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:31 PM ----------

ooops. what the...? the date on the screenshot is 2015. so this is the "proof of your delta test" :D

-edit-
yep, looked it on google. so that delta testing thing was announced on facebook in last year april/may.

lol :D

-edit-
latest answer from alcatel on mm update: (4/4/2016)
Please know that our team is currently working hard to provide the best experience for our customers. If an update becomes available for this device, we will make sure to post this information on all of our social media channels, so please stay tuned.

Last edited:

The Marionette

Jun 27, 2011
Zagreb
did they end up pushing marshmallow or is it still June? Not sure if I should get this phone, or a LG G Stylo or Escape
Marshmallow will start rolling out around the end of May/beginning of June.

But it's your choice. If you are considering the 5.5" variant,then it's the best out of the three.
Same if you are considering the 4.7" variant. It is still better than the G Stylo and Escape.

Sent from my 6045K using Tapatalk

Reactions: axne1

tbkrazeey

Mar 8, 2015
Felton, DE
did they end up pushing marshmallow or is it still June? Not sure if I should get this phone, or a LG G Stylo or Escape
Idols are pretty solid phones for the price, it's gonna be kinda hard to beat them. Don't let the android version stop you, marshmallow or not they are great.

I personally have had really bad experiences with cheap lg phones, you'd be lucky if you get what you pay for.
If you do go for an lg other then a g3/4 I'd really suggest looking up multiple reviews first.

Sent from my 6045I using XDA-Developers mobile app

Reactions: axne1

dongarritas

Jan 26, 2011
San Antonio
I have the LG Stylo from T-Mobile, and the idol international version on cricket, but using AT&T Apn with great success. In my opinion, the Stylo is a much more solid device, with removable battery, incredible memory management, and already has marshmallow. The idol can't be beat for music though, and hopefully marshmallow will fix high all the time memory usage. Just don't get the cricket version of either of these, as the hardware and software are lesser. I happily use both, and have Google voice for handling the number integration. Have the idol on cricket's inexpensive plan, and it comes in handy when I travel to have AT&T service [emoji51]

Sent from my 6045I using XDA-Developers mobile app

Reactions: Carlito17_2000

ralphperezpdx

May 23, 2016
I have had this phone through Cricket since Nov. 2015, and i loved it until the patch came through. I have now had to have it replaced twice because it will turn off on its own, when i try and use Google play music it locks the phone screen immediately. I think all of the bugs are A) due to Crickets bloat wear or B) due to the bugginess of 5.0.2. Has anyone else experience any flaws and glitches? I LOVED this phone up until this point and now i want to throw it at a wall, or move back to the ZTE Max Plus (2) since it just dropped.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Sorry, this thread is about IDOL3 and not stylo 2 !!!

What about update:

- An update is not only an OS upgrade
    - Look at version number: 1001 >>> 1012 !
    - 11 updates for this device, so, you must considere that Alcatel take care about us.

That's all.
    It's great to see something new occurring, finally. Going to sit back and wait for more info on this. I'm a little confused on the "New firmware version is 5.0.2-010 01" bit. I'm not too familiar with build release numbering but shouldn't it be saying 6.0.1-xxx xx instead of 5.0.2-xxx xx if it were indeed Marshmallow? This phone is soon-to-be dead to me. Not even Marshmallow being released for it could make me keep it.

Actually,as soon as SOMEBODY uploads a TWRP backup,I will try to make CM13 fully functional and this device won't be in a "comatose" state anymore.
    Installation complete.

Current Version: 6.0.1-VAB-UEBO

View attachment 3776751

Build Number: 7VAB-UEBO

View attachment 3776760

Yay,good for you! NOW,use the 5 minutes of your life.
    Install adb drivers,install TWRP and create and share a backup with everyone,showing screenshots instead of sharing the rom with others won't do us good. .-___-.
    I want to get my hands on a system dump so I can start trying on CM13.
    Do you guys UNDERSTAND THAT or am I speaking in Chinese?
    It's official, Marshmallow will come in June.
    (I know it because i'm Delta tester for this phone).
    Got the Marshmallow update and installed.
    Unfortunately, I cannot seem to format my SD card as internal storage. It locks up at 20%, gives some Java error message, and then claims it's corrupted. The card I'm using is a Samsung 64GB Evo Class 10 SDXC (MB-MP64DA/AM). This was the main reason I wanted Marshmallow. Anybody else have luck?

You-"Hey guys,I just got MM."

We-"That's great,can you make a TWRP backup for OTHERS TO ENJOY MM AS WELL?"

You-"MM is working fine,some bugs here and there..."

We-"MAKE A TWRP BACKUP"

You-"The music player is so nice..."

We."FOR HEAVENS SAKE! T-W-R-P B-A-C-K-U-P!"

You-"The SD card isn't recognized..."