Marshmallow for Idol 3

Search This thread

jani0417

Sep 29, 2013
How did you instantly receive MM update after using mobile Q on first boot? Was your phone rooted before and that's why you didn't get OTA? Also, does mobile Q notify you if your phone (stock rom) has MM available or will it just reinstall latest version it being LP or MM without asking you if you want to update?

My phone was rooted and had a custom rom, that's why I had to restore to stock with mobile q. (I knew from French forums that my variant is at last getting the OTA)
Mobile q doesn't ask, doesn't warn, it just restore to latest stock (and wipes everything, of course). You'll know what did you get (LP or MM) after on first boot. Or you'll get LP again and if Alcatel released MM update for your variant, after the first boot you'll get the OTA update of MM.

Carmanen

May 18, 2016
My phone was rooted and had a custom rom, that's why I had to restore to stock with mobile q. (I knew from French forums that my variant is at last getting the OTA)
Mobile q doesn't ask, doesn't warn, it just restore to latest stock (and wipes everything, of course). You'll know what did you get (LP or MM) after on first boot. Or you'll get LP again and if Alcatel released MM update for your variant, after the first boot you'll get the OTA update of MM.

Thanks again for replying... ...my variant is the same as yours i think (unlocked 6039y) but i guess it also depends on where you live and where have you bought it from, right? I live in Finland and still doesn't notify me of Marshmallow update :/ I hope Alcatel releases it for Scandinavian countries also. Well, waiting continues...

François91

Jan 4, 2014
Paris
I have done once a clean install with mobile Q and it restored 5.0.2, goddamnit! ._.

I don't understand : did you restore with Mobile Q recently ? Did it install 5.0.2 1007 ? :eek:
I was not getting MM by OTA so I wiped my phone with Mobile Q like a week ago, got 5.0.2 01012 and I was then able to get MM via OTA.

Carmanen

May 18, 2016
I don't understand : did you restore with Mobile Q recently ? Did it install 5.0.2 1007 ? :eek:
I was not getting MM by OTA so I wiped my phone with Mobile Q like a week ago, got 5.0.2 01012 and I was then able to get MM via OTA.

I did it almost 2 months ago so MM was not available back then for unlocked 6039y variants. Speaking of variants, the build number varies by regions, lower number doesn't mean it's older build. In your region, latest LP was 01012, in my region it was 01007. But i'm thinking about using mobile Q again if i can get MM in that way too.

jjorgecunha

Sep 3, 2014
If I install a custom rom, does it unlock my smartphone from the network?

Hi,
Thanks in advance!

jani0417

Sep 29, 2013
Thanks again for replying... ...my variant is the same as yours i think (unlocked 6039y) but i guess it also depends on where you live and where have you bought it from, right? I live in Finland and still doesn't notify me of Marshmallow update :/ I hope Alcatel releases it for Scandinavian countries also. Well, waiting continues...
when I say "variant" -> check Settings -> somethingsomething above About -> CU number

for example my phone is 6039Y-2AALWE7

---------- Post added at 05:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:12 PM ----------

Hi,
Thanks in advance!
no

Carmanen

May 18, 2016
when I say "variant" -> check Settings -> somethingsomething above About -> CU number

for example my phone is 6039Y-2AALWE7

---------- Post added at 05:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:12 PM ----------

no

I couldn't find the number from phone but i looked the phone box and it says: 6039Y - 2BALND7... ...i guess that is what i'm looking for, right?

jani0417

Sep 29, 2013
No, single SIM from Finland... ...i mean, i bought it from here (Finland).

lol :D afaik "B" is for dual sim idols, "ND" is not for Finland, I'm pretty sure :D perhaps the box and the phone doesn't fit, it wouldn't be the first case :D

in Settings menu at the bottom there is a "Regulatory & Safety" menupoint (right above "About the phone") there should be the CU number :)

Carmanen

May 18, 2016
lol :D afaik "B" is for dual sim idols, "ND" is not for Finland, I'm pretty sure :D perhaps the box and the phone doesn't fit, it wouldn't be the first case :D

in Settings menu at the bottom there is a "Regulatory & Safety" menupoint (right above "About the phone") there should be the CU number :)

Nope, box is a right one and now i found it from my phone too and it really says 6039Y-2BALND7. And my variant is single SIM (i double checked it) . I also bought it from Finland. Why would i lie? :D But it could be that my variant was imported from Netherlands to Finland. I bought it from my local store as a new one.

jani0417

Sep 29, 2013
Nope, box is a right one and now i found it from my phone too and it really says 6039Y-2BALND7. And my variant is single SIM (i double checked it) . I also bought it from Finland. Why would i lie? :D But it could be that my variant was imported from Netherlands to Finland. I bought it from my local store as a new one.
it' doesn't matter, maybe ND is not Netherlands but North and something with D :D

let's hope that alcatel release the update soon for you !

François91

Jan 4, 2014
Paris
Am I the only one to have tried adopted storage and to be very unhappy with it ?
It turns out that very few apps are actually movable to the SD card, and for the ones that I was able to move, they were significantly slowed down (OK, I was warned of this and it is not such a big deal), but more importantly they randomly disappear at reboot. Some applications even (e.g. the Facebook app) completely uninstalled... (but I can't believe that all the related files were neatly deleted like a proper uninstall process :rolleyes:)
Some apps won't install or upgrade, might be related with the lack of space on the internal memory but the typical error message is not shown : the process of installing/upgrading just hangs from the beginning... (download won't start)
Finally I have troubles with the camera : it will either claim there is no SD card, or pretend it is taking pictures but not saving anything...
Attachments in Whatsapp won't download (with a helpless error message...)

Any other experience here ?

Last edited:

DallasCZ

Feb 10, 2012
Mikulov
Am I the only one to have tried adopted storage and to be very unhappy with it ?
I don´t know why I should do this, becaus ei have alot of free space (i am no gamer)
...but more importantly they randomly disappear at reboot. Some applications even (e.g. the Facebook app) completely uninstalled... (but I can't believe that all the related files were neatly deleted like a proper uninstall process :rolleyes:)
Did you wait a little more after the phone boots up? It may appear lately after the boot is completed.
Some apps won't install or upgrade, might be related with the lack of space on the internal memory but the typical error message is not shown : the process of installing/upgrading just hangs from the beginning... (download won't start)?
It looks like there is no free space..
Finally I have troubles with the camera : it will either claim there is no SD card, or pretend it is taking pictures but not saving anything...
Attachments in Whatsapp won't download (with a helpless error message...)
Of course there is no SD, when you turned the SD into part of internal memory... so all apps, that was before the turn set to save files to SD card, now don´t know where to save the files, because there is no SD car dno more?

I am just trying to help, because i dont have the SD card turned into internal memory....

thefabgar

May 15, 2016
Buenos Aires
Latest 6045I OTA Flashable zip

Changelog:

1 November Security Patch
1.- the animation of battery charge with the phone off now shows percentage
2.- change in the lock screen (slight change of icons of the shortcuts)
3.- with phone charging and suspended when you get a message is displayed on the screen
4.- Support for many apps
4.1.-Facebook without having problems seeing the "live" of others (previously it was suspended and marked offline)
4.2.-Compatible with the 360° both videos on Facebook as youtube

It's Only Modiffed to don't Replace TWRP and added 3 Finger screenshoot :D

I DON'T ALLOW anyone to use for Custom Rom without my PERMISSION!

Enjoy it:D

Hey Alek, I'm on the MM that I installed with the first Update.zip released in July, can I just install this update via ADB?

Thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Sorry, this thread is about IDOL3 and not stylo 2 !!!

What about update:

- An update is not only an OS upgrade
    - Look at version number: 1001 >>> 1012 !
    - 11 updates for this device, so, you must considere that Alcatel take care about us.

That's all.
    It's great to see something new occurring, finally. Going to sit back and wait for more info on this. I'm a little confused on the "New firmware version is 5.0.2-010 01" bit. I'm not too familiar with build release numbering but shouldn't it be saying 6.0.1-xxx xx instead of 5.0.2-xxx xx if it were indeed Marshmallow? This phone is soon-to-be dead to me. Not even Marshmallow being released for it could make me keep it.

Actually,as soon as SOMEBODY uploads a TWRP backup,I will try to make CM13 fully functional and this device won't be in a "comatose" state anymore.
    Installation complete.

Current Version: 6.0.1-VAB-UEBO

View attachment 3776751

Build Number: 7VAB-UEBO

View attachment 3776760

Yay,good for you! NOW,use the 5 minutes of your life.
    Install adb drivers,install TWRP and create and share a backup with everyone,showing screenshots instead of sharing the rom with others won't do us good. .-___-.
    I want to get my hands on a system dump so I can start trying on CM13.
    Do you guys UNDERSTAND THAT or am I speaking in Chinese?
    It's official, Marshmallow will come in June.
    (I know it because i'm Delta tester for this phone).
    Got the Marshmallow update and installed.
    Unfortunately, I cannot seem to format my SD card as internal storage. It locks up at 20%, gives some Java error message, and then claims it's corrupted. The card I'm using is a Samsung 64GB Evo Class 10 SDXC (MB-MP64DA/AM). This was the main reason I wanted Marshmallow. Anybody else have luck?

You-"Hey guys,I just got MM."

We-"That's great,can you make a TWRP backup for OTHERS TO ENJOY MM AS WELL?"

You-"MM is working fine,some bugs here and there..."

We-"MAKE A TWRP BACKUP"

You-"The music player is so nice..."

We."FOR HEAVENS SAKE! T-W-R-P B-A-C-K-U-P!"

You-"The SD card isn't recognized..."