Marshmallow for Idol 3

Search This thread

alecbl

Oct 26, 2016
As far as I can see this "new" update is basically the same as the one months ago that Decker posted. No new drivers or user space libs. /system is identical. It seems they only withheld it for Europe, but did no bug fixing over this time.

jani0417

Sep 29, 2013
As far as I can see this "new" update is basically the same as the one months ago that Decker posted. No new drivers or user space libs. /system is identical. It seems they only withheld it for Europe, but did no bug fixing over this time.
imho they just added language packs and some bloatware

---------- Post added at 09:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:25 PM ----------

both of them is working on my 6045y. I use the stock mm.

6039 != 6045

alecbl

Oct 26, 2016
@jani0417
they have new bloatware? the rom I had access to didn't have new bloatware either, just the same. If anyone from europe would upload this rom.it would be nice..

zgomot

Apr 23, 2010
Arad
Huawei P30
I have an O2 6039Y with no fastboot commands. I rooted, flashed twrp 2.8.7.0, then with flashify I flashed a twrp 3.0.0.0 image, then flashed the Russian MM rom (r2) with no wipes, then flashed SuperSU 2.74.2 and now everything is tip top.

Granted, double tap to wake, from lockscreen fails 2/10 times, but it does work most of the time. So does double press the power button to launch camera.

I am pleased.

François91

Jan 4, 2014
Paris
Here also both ok om 6039Y with Decker r1 MM. The only thing, from time to time DoubleTabtoWake do not wake device.

I confirm that a double tap on the lock screen does not turn off the screen like it used to do on LP.
Double click on power button to open the camera : it sends you to the lock screen and you have to unlock to get to the camera. So indeed it's not satisfactory.

zgomot

Apr 23, 2010
Arad
Huawei P30
I confirm that a double tap on the lock screen does not turn off the screen like it used to do on LP.
Double click on power button to open the camera : it sends you to the lock screen and you have to unlock to get to the camera. So indeed it's not satisfactory.

Both these features work correctly on my O2, now unlocked, 6039Y, using decker's r2 MM build.

Maybe it's worth mentioning I did not wipe prior to flashing. I just rooted, installed TWRP 3.0.0.0 and flashed the zip on top of the stock O2 Lollipop build. No factory reset after flashing, no dalvik/cache wipe.

Everything just works.

heross

Oct 14, 2007
No, here are both ok.
Double press power button direct open the camera, and not the loockscreen first.
Double tap on the lock screen does turn off device.

The only thing that not work as in LP, DoubleTab on Alcatel Laucher does not lock the screen. Here you must first slide down and then DoubleTab. Alternative you can use another Launcher (Apex/Nova).

jani0417

Sep 29, 2013
I don't know what this ROM is based on; it seems that only the OTA Alcatel ROM for 6039Y is having theses problems.

decker's rom based on the north american firmware, however decker made a few hacks for the current r2 version - ie.: his first version had problem with double tap to sleep as well.

---------- Post added at 02:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:35 PM ----------

No, here are both ok.
Double press power button direct open the camera, and not the loockscreen first.
Double tap on the lock screen does turn off device.

The only thing that not work as in LP, DoubleTab on Alcatel Laucher does not lock the screen. Here you must first slide down and then DoubleTab. Alternative you can use another Launcher (Apex/Nova).
that's not the r2 version, it seems to me you downloaded his first build.

Carmanen

May 18, 2016
I have unlocked 6039Y but no MM OTA yet in Finland :/ I have a question, i have 5.0.2 - 01007 build, do i need to use mobile Q to clean istall LP in order to receive MM OTA? I have done once a clean install with mobile Q and it restored 5.0.2, goddamnit! ._.

jani0417

Sep 29, 2013
I have unlocked 6039Y but no MM OTA yet in Finland :/ I have a question, i have 5.0.2 - 01007 build, do i need to use mobile Q to clean istall LP in order to receive MM OTA? I have done once a clean install with mobile Q and it restored 5.0.2, goddamnit! ._.
if you have stock rom, you don't need to use mobile q.

buildnumber at alcatel doesn't matter at all, it changes by region.

Carmanen

May 18, 2016
if you have stock rom, you don't need to use mobile q.

buildnumber at alcatel doesn't matter at all, it changes by region.

Thanks for the info :) Yes, i have stock 5.0.2... ...i guess i just have to wait a little longer for the OTA MM :/ Btw, i have about 1.6 gigs of free space on internal storage, is that enough for MM update?

jani0417

Sep 29, 2013
Thanks for the info :) Yes, i have stock 5.0.2... ...i guess i just have to wait a little longer for the OTA MM :/ Btw, i have about 1.6 gigs of free space on internal storage, is that enough for MM update?
the ota update is about 1gb.
i guess, it won't be problem, i made a system restore with mobile q and got the ota update after the first boot - at default with all of the bloatwares i had about 2 giga free space.

Carmanen

May 18, 2016
the ota update is about 1gb.
i guess, it won't be problem, i made a system restore with mobile q and got the ota update after the first boot - at default with all of the bloatwares i had about 2 giga free space.

How did you instantly receive MM update after using mobile Q on first boot? Was your phone rooted before and that's why you didn't get OTA? Also, does mobile Q notify you if your phone (stock rom) has MM available or will it just reinstall latest version it being LP or MM without asking you if you want to update?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Sorry, this thread is about IDOL3 and not stylo 2 !!!

What about update:

- An update is not only an OS upgrade
    - Look at version number: 1001 >>> 1012 !
    - 11 updates for this device, so, you must considere that Alcatel take care about us.

That's all.
    It's great to see something new occurring, finally. Going to sit back and wait for more info on this. I'm a little confused on the "New firmware version is 5.0.2-010 01" bit. I'm not too familiar with build release numbering but shouldn't it be saying 6.0.1-xxx xx instead of 5.0.2-xxx xx if it were indeed Marshmallow? This phone is soon-to-be dead to me. Not even Marshmallow being released for it could make me keep it.

Actually,as soon as SOMEBODY uploads a TWRP backup,I will try to make CM13 fully functional and this device won't be in a "comatose" state anymore.
    Installation complete.

Current Version: 6.0.1-VAB-UEBO

View attachment 3776751

Build Number: 7VAB-UEBO

View attachment 3776760

Yay,good for you! NOW,use the 5 minutes of your life.
    Install adb drivers,install TWRP and create and share a backup with everyone,showing screenshots instead of sharing the rom with others won't do us good. .-___-.
    I want to get my hands on a system dump so I can start trying on CM13.
    Do you guys UNDERSTAND THAT or am I speaking in Chinese?
    It's official, Marshmallow will come in June.
    (I know it because i'm Delta tester for this phone).
    Got the Marshmallow update and installed.
    Unfortunately, I cannot seem to format my SD card as internal storage. It locks up at 20%, gives some Java error message, and then claims it's corrupted. The card I'm using is a Samsung 64GB Evo Class 10 SDXC (MB-MP64DA/AM). This was the main reason I wanted Marshmallow. Anybody else have luck?

You-"Hey guys,I just got MM."

We-"That's great,can you make a TWRP backup for OTHERS TO ENJOY MM AS WELL?"

You-"MM is working fine,some bugs here and there..."

We-"MAKE A TWRP BACKUP"

You-"The music player is so nice..."

We."FOR HEAVENS SAKE! T-W-R-P B-A-C-K-U-P!"

You-"The SD card isn't recognized..."