• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Marshmallow Soak Test Now Rolling out

Search This thread

harsinghal

May 17, 2014
CS-cfH-UEAAsS1H.jpg

Soak test now rolling out for moto g 3rd gen users !

Source - http://www.techdroider.com/2015/11/moto-g-3rd-gen-getting-marshmallow-soak-test.html

adi6262

May 16, 2011
Hi! If you don't have a zip, you can install TWRP and create a backup of your system /boot and upload the zip. Others can restore using this backup and enjoy marshmallow

bobbyphoenix

Mar 30, 2010
Orlando, FL
As good as it is to see the soak test. Slapping your site's logo on images taken from a Google+ post ( https://plus.google.com/+ajmalkhadar/posts/1vQg85FbHPy ) and then posting here and in reddit to plug your site is sad. I hope this post just gets deleted.

Not only that when you agree to be a tester you agree to not say anything. That includes posting screenshots, talking about it, or even just saying "I got the soak test!". Sad when a couple people ruin a good thing for the rest by posting and sharing details about a confidential process. I wouldn't be surprised to see Moto pull it, and keep it in house instead of using actual consumers to test.

meskes

Feb 7, 2012
Tucson
Not only that when you agree to be a tester you agree to not say anything. That includes posting screenshots, talking about it, or even just saying "I got the soak test!". Sad when a couple people ruin a good thing for the rest by posting and sharing details about a confidential process. I wouldn't be surprised to see Moto pull it, and keep it in house instead of using actual consumers to test.
This is most annoying. I hate when I see it too. There's only been one time where I openly acknowledged that I was part of a SOAK, and that was a few weeks after it ended.

Tapped out from my Motorola Droid Turbo, featuring Android 5.1. Please pardon my brevity.

Reactions: n2d551

umeshxda

Apr 16, 2014
They sent me invite 2 days back... So if i get selected then do they send mail regarding that... If so then how long it takes them to mail me

khaytsus

Apr 8, 2008
Central Kentucky
Wellllllllll first lol you've found yourself in the moto G 2015 forums, not nexus 7.
Second, many people are curious as to moto G 2015 getting 6.0, it does suck that users who do get invited to the soak test ruin it by posting stuff.

WTF Tapatalk!??! I view this and it shows Nexus 7 2013. I really, really hate tapatalk. I've never even looked at this sub-forum in the past, so it's not even an accident. Ugh.

Reactions: shaswata-noob

hossman

Dec 1, 2012
Moto G Power
Sorry to bring up old thread, but didn't want to start a new one.
I am on virgin mobile xt1548 and just got an email and survey for new software to test, so I assume this is considered a soak.
I answered the survey and it said I was most likely going to be eligible.
My question is will a soak test be pushed as an OTA?
I am currently running cm13 so I know I will need to revert to stock ROM and recovery. Just curious about the procedure as I've never been included in such a test.

Thanks in advance

Tel864

Nov 22, 2011
Greenville
Sorry to bring up old thread, but didn't want to start a new one.
I am on virgin mobile xt1548 and just got an email and survey for new software to test, so I assume this is considered a soak.
I answered the survey and it said I was most likely going to be eligible.
My question is will a soak test be pushed as an OTA?
I am currently running cm13 so I know I will need to revert to stock ROM and recovery. Just curious about the procedure as I've never been included in such a test.

Thanks in advance
Yes, it will come OTA and you're right about needing to be completely stock. If you've used the unlocked bootloader fix that shouldn't matter or at least it didn't for me on the soak tests I've done.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

Reactions: hossman

hossman

Dec 1, 2012
Moto G Power
I would think you want to be stock for that. Wonder if it's 6.0.1 I'm also with Virgin Mobile nice to see they are finally getting around to it

I'm positive I need stock, just curious if it would just show up one day or if Motorola would send a link to download.
It would be nice to see 6.0 on virgin, but honestly I would most definitely go back to cm.
In the survey they asked if I was on virgin mobile and there was a disclaimer that I could not contact my carrier if I had issues, as it would be a software test. They also said i t was confidential, so I've probably voided that by now lol.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    As good as it is to see the soak test. Slapping your site's logo on images taken from a Google+ post ( https://plus.google.com/+ajmalkhadar/posts/1vQg85FbHPy ) and then posting here and in reddit to plug your site is sad. I hope this post just gets deleted.

Virgin Mobile OTA Soak Test

Just like hossman, I have been choosen for a soak for my Virgin Mobile Moto g 2015.
    Was anyone able to pull off the soak test update...? ?
    I'm positive I need stock, just curious if it would just show up one day or if Motorola would send a link to download.
    It would be nice to see 6.0 on virgin, but honestly I would most definitely go back to cm.
    In the survey they asked if I was on virgin mobile and there was a disclaimer that I could not contact my carrier if I had issues, as it would be a software test. They also said i t was confidential, so I've probably voided that by now lol.

It will just show up. Also, if you haven't gotten it yet, you will get an invitation to a closed forum for soak tests. I urge you to at least sign on there, although don't expect much. I've been through 2 tests and I plus many other people were disappointed in the feedback from Motorola or lack of feedback. People posting problems seldom got any answer at all unless it was from another user.