Marshmallow Update Confirmed- May 8th!

Search This thread

Jakeuten

Dec 8, 2012
Duluth
I was curious as to when MM would rollout to the AT&T Note 4, and the representative gave me the date May 8th, or a week from today. Good news!
YQ2bLb6.png

Reactions: Odischeese

indymx

Jan 17, 2009
Indianapolis, IN
I'd take that reps word with a very large grain of salt...

They notoriously lie. It reads like they are a not a native English speaker, so I'm going to assume offshore tech support and I doubt that they'd have exact time frames.

I'll be pleasantly surprised if it rolls out then, but I'm not holding my breath.

Reactions: rkmoran

T0fum4n

Jun 23, 2015
Yea an Odin flashable MM update for the note 4 would be cool. Shame we still dont have root....

Shanghai.Knight

Feb 28, 2009
Pennsylvania
My need for root disappears with Marshmallow... My only concern is being able to sandbox apps from accessing contacts, personal info, etc. This functionality is baked into Marshmallow. Know others want it for other reasons, but for me, at least they are giving me the functionality I need. Used to not be able to back up calls, sms, mms, etc. but that functionality is available too... Used to need to backup apps, but all my apps now backup to the cloud... At least Google is giving us functionality. I read somewhere, they are trying to give people the functionality most root their devices for.

Reactions: BereanPK

BereanPK

Mar 29, 2008
Western PA
I talked to another rep and she said the MM update already went out on 3/4/16, and that the MM update slides just the Note 4's into an alternate dimension, which is probably why we haven't seen it update yet. LOL

Seriously though I would be interested to see what the MM update actually does with this device... so I guess I'll keep trying to update starting next week... or the next... or the next... or after Obama leaves offfice next year...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using XDA Premium HD app

spexwood

Feb 13, 2011
I talked to another rep and she said the MM update already went out on 3/4/16, and that the MM update slides just the Note 4's into an alternate dimension, which is probably why we haven't seen it update yet. LOL

Seriously though I would be interested to see what the MM update actually does with this device... so I guess I'll keep trying to update starting next week... or the next... or the next... or after Obama leaves offfice next year...

You sir (or ma'am) blew my mind.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

FLASHnox

Feb 1, 2012
Checked to soon because I still had a 3 hour wait. Fast forwarded my clock and it says my current software is up to date. Guess you didn't update since the last security update since there's been 2 pretty close to each other.

keithfrombm

Aug 10, 2012
Fast forwarded the date to tomorrow, checked for an update; still shows system currently up to date. No MM here.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using XDA-Developers mobile app
I know that works if the update is actually available at that time, but I didn't think that worked if the update hasn't been "officially" released yet. Either way, it would be the first time they released an update on a Sunday (Mothers Day no less) wouldn't it? I don't think it's legit. I've had dozens of reps tell me they aren't informed "until a few days before an update is released usually." I think we'll be without Marshmallow until I upgrade to the Note 6. Then I'll be dying to know when Nougat (whatever Android N is called) is coming. And I'll be disappointed somehow LOL.

COA4178

Apr 3, 2009
I know that works if the update is actually available at that time, but I didn't think that worked if the update hasn't been "officially" released yet. Either way, it would be the first time they released an update on a Sunday (Mothers Day no less) wouldn't it? I don't think it's legit. I've had dozens of reps tell me they aren't informed "until a few days before an update is released usually." I think we'll be without Marshmallow until I upgrade to the Note 6. Then I'll be dying to know when Nougat (whatever Android N is called) is coming. And I'll be disappointed somehow LOL.

Lol oohhh sammy, why can't you be as Google is with its Google nexus flagships? Whyyyyy. [emoji390] [emoji375]

Reactions: keithfrombm

giga8547

May 27, 2008
Im finding it kinda odd that i have not taken either of the security updates but now that i reenabled the updater it shows no update and that my phone is current.... did at&t pull the security update? Or is it a prelude to mm hitting their server soon?? I have all but given up on root for the at&t variant. So i will gladly move on to the mm update and maybe it will gix some overheating issues with the oculus galaxy vr inovators edition (doubtful) but still worth a try.

COA4178

Apr 3, 2009
Im finding it kinda odd that i have not taken either of the security updates but now that i reenabled the updater it shows no update and that my phone is current.... did at&t pull the security update? Or is it a prelude to mm hitting their server soon?? I have all but given up on root for the at&t variant. So i will gladly move on to the mm update and maybe it will gix some overheating issues with the oculus galaxy vr inovators edition (doubtful) but still worth a try.
You use the vr? Is it really worth it? That's if you have it of course

giga8547

May 27, 2008
You use the vr? Is it really worth it? That's if you have it of course

Yes i have the innovators edition the first unit to publicly come out and yes it is 1000% worth it the 360 stills are so realistic its like you are there. And the ammount of free video content is awesome. I can also switch it into developers mode and use all the google cardboard apps as well like roller coaster simulators. There are a few games available for it as well my favorite types of those are similar to a roller coaster except you are a pilot of a ship and u use the side touch pannel to shoot in the direction you are looking. There is also a built in vr cinima where it feels and looks like you are setting in a full fledged movie theater here you can watch 3d movies, your personal video files. There is also milk vr by samsung that has a decent content library including a little vr cartoon about a but her and a rabbit. There is a app from oculus home that jas a cool ride thru an insane aasylum called catatonic and it scares the crap outa most people i tried it on one went as far as to rip the b ead gear off and throw it luckily i cought it lol.

But to sum it up. It is awesome. You can literally go any where in the world almost like being there while standing in your living room or setting in a a swivel chair.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I got marshmallow... Near my note 4, but thank heaven's I didn't get marshmallow on the note 4!

20160622_205953.jpg
    ... it's all Obama's fault...

I had an LG made Nexus phone... Never again. I went through 4 phones, and each time something was wrong with the phone, I'd send it back, and they'd give me someone else's return. Each device I got was worse than the one before. I came to believe that they didn't even check the returns, they just did a factory reset and sent them back out the door. I got one that was caked in dirt. That's when I called Google and let them have a mouth full... they finally refunded my money... that's when I purchased my Note 4...

As for Huawei? No way. They've ripped off so many US suppliers, reverse engineering their products. Worst was when they reverse engineered Cisco routers, and resold them as their own, with Cisco firmware -- that still had the Cisco logo! I knew some of their managers when I lived in Asia, I asked them about their policy of reverse engineering US products, they responded, "how else can we compete against such large companies?" They'll never get a cent of my money.

Given a choice? I will ALWAYS buy Samsung. The hardware is solid, and their repair process is reliable, and often generous as to what they will be willing to do.

The problem with updates is due mostly to AT&T. The hardware, however, is top notch, in my opinion.
    So I just got off the phone with ATT Customer Service and the guy told me ATT in Conjunction with Samsung has Decided to Delay the Delay Note 4 Update to Boost Sales of the Current Note 5 & Upcoming Note 6. Says we might get it afterwards release of N6 but not to hold my breath.
    That sounds like some BS to me. If they held back an update until Q3 of this year many people would never pick up one of their products ever again.

Another disappointing updateless day brought to you by the letters A, T & T.