Marshmallow update for Axon pro released

Search This thread

badjebus

Dec 21, 2015
ZTE has released the marshmallow update for this beast. How's the update coming along for everyone so far?
The new update adds stock android features with little to no skinning.

Known issues/changes
•Some users are reporting stock launcher crashes, the problem can be alleviated by using a different launcher.
•Dolby Sound has gone missing, evidence provided by Arsenic53 suggest ZTE done goofed and accidentally removed it.
•The quick settings panel is now Dark and Transparent (very classy)
•Average RAM usage has gone up considerably due to system apps being badly optimized...or maybe they're just being rebellious?
•Bootloader still locked
•Battery drains quicker.
•Nice new booting screen
•Annoying WIFI calling issue has been resolved.
•Some users have reported lag even during the booting process.
•A user has reported that He/She cannot see the screen on some occasions especially when charging.
•The lockscreen is now closer to the stock version. The dialer shortcut has been replaced with a Google now voice function and the annoying "# more notifications" thing has been removed.
•Bloatware app "rockmyrun" can no longer be disabled.

P.S someone please link zte usa's twitter to this thread so they can go over it. Leave a reply so i can remove this message.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-02-22-09-43-35.png
    Screenshot_2016-02-22-09-43-35.png
    176.7 KB · Views: 1,041
Last edited:

vickytarunl

Oct 24, 2014
Dolby atmos app is missing and the app drawer seems to be the old app drawer itself.hope the new marshmallow type app drawer is crashing.slight lag here and there and does doze feature in this update I can't find any setting menu for it.

badjebus

Dec 21, 2015
Dolby atmos app is missing and the app drawer seems to be the old app drawer itself.hope the new marshmallow type app drawer is crashing.slight lag here and there and does doze feature in this update I can't find any setting menu for it.

The doze feature doesnt come with a dedicated settings tab. if you want to choose which apps get dozed and which dont, go to apps(settings) click the gear and click battery optimization; from there you can white list certain apps from doze (I recommend greenify if you want doze to activate in just a few minutes as opposed to an hour.)

Reactions: vickytarunl

vickytarunl

Oct 24, 2014
The doze feature doesnt come with a dedicated settings tab. if you want to choose which apps get dozed and which dont, go to apps(settings) click the gear and click battery optimization; from there you can white list certain apps from doze (I recommend greenify if you want doze to activate in just a few minutes as opposed to an hour.)
thanks a lot did u come to know anything about the app drawer ?

Arsenic53

Sep 10, 2015
This is what I got when I inquired about Dolby sound. Maybe they will release an update to add it back soon.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20160223-104556.jpg
    Screenshot_20160223-104556.jpg
    244 KB · Views: 585

zulfikar

Jan 17, 2010
So mine buglist here:

*Battery drains much more than before the update
*No screen sometimes when i just want to use mine phone (this happens when mine phone is charging i noticed)
*Phone lags, even the boot flash lags
*forgot the other point, but there is more...

kingfehran

Dec 24, 2015
So mine buglist here:

*Battery drains much more than before the update
*No screen sometimes when i just want to use mine phone (this happens when mine phone is charging i noticed)
*Phone lags, even the boot flash lags
*forgot the other point, but there is more...

Same with me, the phone is lagging. I want to comeback to lollipop

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I did the install but now they stock launcher keeps crashing....... I might have to reset my phone.......... :(
    No bugs to report yet....just missing Dolby Sound

Found another bug. I have smart lock setup on my phone but it seems to not be working correctly after marshmallow update. It says this(look at pic) EVERYTIME I go to unlock when it should already unlocked since I have smart lock setup to keep device unlocked when at home. And I haven't restarted my device so I don't know why it says I must provide code after restart.
    I'm also seeing more drain from Bluetooth than before the update. Not dramatically more but it used to not be a factor at all. It's currently at 2% after being off the charger for about 4 hours and not connected to anything. Overall, I'm now noticing a pretty big hit to battery life after the update. I used to just squeak through maybe four days a week without needing a midday charge but now I haven't made it through a day without topping off in several weeks.

I'm also seeing the occasional lag here and there with massive lag in my email app ([email protected]) On Lollipop, this thing was ALWAYS ridiculously fast. I'm doing some housekeeping this morning and trying to delete any apps that I added since I updated to M.

On the plus side, as someone else mentioned, I'm seeing noticeably better signal strength/call quality at my house.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone