Marshmallow update for Axon pro released

Search This thread

Mes3

Jan 17, 2011
The only real lag I have is pulling down the notification shade.

I've only had the phone since Monday so I don't know how much worse battery life is compared to lollipop

Motrin357

Feb 24, 2016
Groves
Without a fix my phone is almost useless,battery drain to 45% after 8 hrs on full charge after 1 five min phone call nothing else,physical camera button no longer works? Is there anyway to switch back to lollipop?

FonNoob

Jan 11, 2016
Houston
Without a fix my phone is almost useless,battery drain to 45% after 8 hrs on full charge after 1 five min phone call nothing else,physical camera button no longer works? Is there anyway to switch back to lollipop?
I am not having any of these issues. Perhaps you need to clear the cache/data of some of your apps that are running in the background.

---------- Post added at 08:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:50 PM ----------

Unfortunately my launcher also crashes so i cant say anything on that, ive switched to the Google now launcher to alleviate the problem.
I had the same issue with the launcher after I upgraded to 6.0. I found the crashing went away after I cleared the cache/data for the Launcher app. It is named "Launcher" in Settings > Apps > All Apps.

Once you have the Launcher details open, click on Storage and you will see the buttons to clear cache/data. It took me a few minutes to realize I had to press storage for the options to appear...in lollipop the options were all on the same screen. - IMPORTANT: you will need to setup your widgets again as they will be gone

Last edited:

avanish11

Jun 24, 2011
Aside from Dolby sound disappearing I'm pretty happy with the update. I live in a pretty rural area with T-mobile as a carrier, so phone signal is spotty a lot of times. In Lollipop, the phone struggled to connect to the network in an area where my old Nexus 5 had zero issues. After the update to Marshmallow, this problem seems to have been fixed. My battery life is a lot longer now due to this since it's no longer constantly scanning for a network to connect to. Wi-Fi calling being fixed is a nice plus too.

The camera button no longer opens the app, but once you've opened the app, it can be used to take pictures like normally.

On another note, I've found an option to unlock the bootloader! It's hidden in the developer options. To unlock this, go to settings - about phone - and tap "build number" 5 or 6 times until a notification pops up telling you that developer options have been unlocked. Hopefully this helps get the ball rolling for custom ROMs.

O67tURq.png

Mes3

Jan 17, 2011
In the camera's settings menu theres a toggle for 'double click to activate camera'. Works even when the phone is locked

I noticed when on a call, the notification shade doesn't blur the background. Found that interesting.

xST4T1K

Jan 10, 2012
Having an issue (camera crashing) taking pictures in landscape mode while the lighting/flash is enabled to stay on. Seems to happen while the lighting option is set to a lower value. Anybody else having a similar problem? I just received the Marshmallow update yesterday. I've already hard reset, that didn't work so I cleared data and cache on the camera and still no avail. I'm on A1PV1.1.0B10 currently

Last edited:

Arsenic53

Sep 10, 2015
Found another bug. I have smart lock setup on my phone but it seems to not be working correctly after marshmallow update. It says this(look at pic) EVERYTIME I go to unlock when it should already unlocked since I have smart lock setup to keep device unlocked when at home. And I haven't restarted my device so I don't know why it says I must provide code after restart.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20160227-133245.jpg
    Screenshot_20160227-133245.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 187
Reactions: drvsbsm

Mes3

Jan 17, 2011
Having an issue (camera crashing) taking pictures in landscape mode while the lighting/flash is enabled to stay on. Seems to happen while the lighting option is set to a lower value. Anybody else having a similar problem? I just received the Marshmallow update yesterday. I've already hard reset, that didn't work so I cleared data and cache on the camera and still no avail. I'm on A1PV1.1.0B10 currently

This happened to me as well. Once I turned the phone to landscape and then set it to lighting, it stopped. I can now adjust at will, no matter the orientation.

---------- Post added at 06:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:43 PM ----------

Found another bug. I have smart lock setup on my phone but it seems to not be working correctly after marshmallow update. It says this(look at pic) EVERYTIME I go to unlock when it should already unlocked since I have smart lock setup to keep device unlocked when at home. And I haven't restarted my device so I don't know why it says I must provide code after restart.

Did you try deleting and then re-adding your home location? Mine works fine, but I'm using a pin instead of a pattern.

Coldheat1906

Jun 30, 2008
Fort Worth

I received the same message but I have a pin code.......

Arsenic53

Sep 10, 2015
This happened to me as well. Once I turned the phone to landscape and then set it to lighting, it stopped. I can now adjust at will, no matter the orientation.

---------- Post added at 06:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:43 PM ----------

Did you try deleting and then re-adding your home location? Mine works fine, but I'm using a pin instead of a pattern.

I tried that still getting the same thing.

Mes3

Jan 17, 2011
Alright, I had the pin mess up on me. It's related to the phone not seeing your location correctly. Opening maps and getting a GPS lock fixed it for me.

vickytarunl

Oct 24, 2014
The battery drain is real but it's the Bluetooth that drains most of my charge ,even when it's not in use. Anybody else notice the same issue with Bluetooth.

canawler

Mar 23, 2016
I'm also seeing more drain from Bluetooth than before the update. Not dramatically more but it used to not be a factor at all. It's currently at 2% after being off the charger for about 4 hours and not connected to anything. Overall, I'm now noticing a pretty big hit to battery life after the update. I used to just squeak through maybe four days a week without needing a midday charge but now I haven't made it through a day without topping off in several weeks.

I'm also seeing the occasional lag here and there with massive lag in my email app (k@-mail.) On Lollipop, this thing was ALWAYS ridiculously fast. I'm doing some housekeeping this morning and trying to delete any apps that I added since I updated to M.

On the plus side, as someone else mentioned, I'm seeing noticeably better signal strength/call quality at my house.

Reactions: vickytarunl

Suryasis

Dec 6, 2013
Rocky Hill
Guys, need help with the Alarm after Marshmallow update. No matter what I do, the Alarm runs only in Vibration mode with no Sound. I have checked Do not disturb option and disabled it altogether, checked the volume by opening the Alarm app also and it is set to maximum. I did not notice this till last week as it is my secondary phone. I tried by manually setting up the Alarm as well as using Google Voice but nothing worked till now.
Please help.

Last edited:
D

Dooosu

Has there been any hotfixes since the Marshmallow update to fix any of the issues people are having?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I did the install but now they stock launcher keeps crashing....... I might have to reset my phone.......... :(
    No bugs to report yet....just missing Dolby Sound
    Dolby atmos app is missing and the app drawer seems to be the old app drawer itself.hope the new marshmallow type app drawer is crashing.slight lag here and there and does doze feature in this update I can't find any setting menu for it.

The doze feature doesnt come with a dedicated settings tab. if you want to choose which apps get dozed and which dont, go to apps(settings) click the gear and click battery optimization; from there you can white list certain apps from doze (I recommend greenify if you want doze to activate in just a few minutes as opposed to an hour.)
    I'm also seeing more drain from Bluetooth than before the update. Not dramatically more but it used to not be a factor at all. It's currently at 2% after being off the charger for about 4 hours and not connected to anything. Overall, I'm now noticing a pretty big hit to battery life after the update. I used to just squeak through maybe four days a week without needing a midday charge but now I haven't made it through a day without topping off in several weeks.

I'm also seeing the occasional lag here and there with massive lag in my email app (k@-mail.) On Lollipop, this thing was ALWAYS ridiculously fast. I'm doing some housekeeping this morning and trying to delete any apps that I added since I updated to M.

On the plus side, as someone else mentioned, I'm seeing noticeably better signal strength/call quality at my house.