[CLOSED]Delete

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

fizzingbees

Feb 12, 2014
Peshawar
Can you install viper4android from xda labs on stock android 10 with magisk.
Install viper4android, reboot and recheck magisk to see if it still works.

Cuz for Android 9, the moment I install any magisk modules and reboot, the magisk breaks and I have only partial root access ( root access given to apps before still works but access to newer apps doesn't)

Also what do you mean by open stock recovery folder? You mean stock rom we download from samfirm

Last edited:

MarvinMod

May 20, 2015
Samsung Galaxy A70
Can you install viper4android from xda labs on stock android 10 with magisk.
Install viper4android, reboot and recheck magisk to see if it still works.

Cuz for Android 9, the moment I install any magisk modules and reboot, the magisk breaks and I have only partial root access ( root access given to apps before still works but access to newer apps doesn't)

Also what do you mean by open stock recovery folder? You mean stock rom we download from samfirm
yes, when you download the stock rom from samfirm, it becomes a folder with your stock .tar.md5 files inside, that's your stock rom folder I speak of. I do not know if it works for 9. give it a try and let us know. I have 10 and once you update, you cant downgrade due to samsungs fuse set.
FYI, you can remove the .md5 from the stock rom files for faster loading but odin wont check the integrity of the file.
also, did you know that viper is Los based? other custom roms base off of Los so just replace Los in the guide with the rom of your choice. should work but I don't know, I only stick with Los or Stock.

Last edited:

jalexis30

May 4, 2020
A705MN

good morning friend I did all the steps you told me and it remains in the lineage logo I believe that the Roms you sent me is from an A705FN and my model is an A705MN that is why it does not configure because it stays in the logo and then it restarts me in twrp

MarvinMod

May 20, 2015
Samsung Galaxy A70
good morning friend I did all the steps you told me and it remains in the lineage logo I believe that the Roms you sent me is from an A705FN and my model is an A705MN that is why it does not configure because it stays in the logo and then it restarts me in twrp
my model is a705mn as it says in my signature below, your missing a step somewhere, did you format data properly? I flashed my device while writing the steps then again following the steps. also, I didn't post any stock roms and the los rom works with all a70 devices.
in twrp click wipe, then click format data and type yes and hit enter or the check on the keyboard.
when installing los, step 7 requires format data and step 9 requires format data so in the Los guide there will me format data done twice. these steps are for android 10 users, I have a guide for android 9 users that im transferring here but it will be some time. if your on android 9, pm me and ill link that guide to you, otherwise, try that format data or start from scratch by flashing the entire stock rom.

Last edited:

jalexis30

May 4, 2020
A705MN

sorry excuse my friend so much but in the step of formatting what should I do or could you give me the steps to follow and sorry for so much inconvenience

---------- Post added at 06:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:36 PM ----------

friend and i'm in stock roms android 9 it will be that is why you don't configure the lineage it will be that you send me the android 9 guide

MarvinMod

May 20, 2015
Samsung Galaxy A70
sorry excuse my friend so much but in the step of formatting what should I do or could you give me the steps to follow and sorry for so much inconvenience

---------- Post added at 06:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:36 PM ----------

friend and i'm in stock roms android 9 it will be that is why you don't configure the lineage it will be that you send me the android 9 guide

as long as you haven't done anything else trying to get it running(if you have, start from scratch by flahing the entire stock rom using odin) otherwise, boot to twrp, click wipe, click format data, type yes and hit the check box in lower right corner, reboot.

if your on 9, use this guide, its a bit outdated but as I said im working on it.
https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=81649149&postcount=151
also, what are you wanting, lineage os or stock os?

Last edited:

jalexis30

May 4, 2020
A705MN

friend thank you very much and I was able to install everything thank you very much for your contribution and time really that this xda group is the best there are many thanks

fizzingbees

Feb 12, 2014
Peshawar
yes, when you download the stock rom from samfirm, it becomes a folder with your stock .tar.md5 files inside, that's your stock rom folder I speak of. I do not know if it works for 9. give it a try and let us know. I have 10 and once you update, you cant downgrade due to samsungs fuse set.
FYI, you can remove the .md5 from the stock rom files for faster loading but odin wont check the integrity of the file.
also, did you know that viper is Los based? other custom roms base off of Los so just replace Los in the guide with the rom of your choice. should work but I don't know, I only stick with Los or Stock.
Viper4android is not a rom
It's a sound driver
It's magisk module.
What I meant is can you install this magisk model or download viper4android v2.7.6.1 from xda labs, install, reboot and check if magisk is still functional on stock Samsung Android 10 rom.

Also isn't android 10 and android 9 bootloader of Samsung rom same... V5 bootloader? Why would it mess with downgrading.?

MarvinMod

May 20, 2015
Samsung Galaxy A70
Viper4android is not a rom
It's a sound driver
It's magisk module.
What I meant is can you install this magisk model or download viper4android v2.7.6.1 from xda labs, install, reboot and check if magisk is still functional on stock Samsung Android 10 rom.

Also isn't android 10 and android 9 bootloader of Samsung rom same... V5 bootloader? Why would it mess with downgrading.?

Just assumed it was a rom, my apologies. I will check that for you when i have time but ive tested many modules with magisk and they work as well as magisk. Android 10 was an overhaul, not the same rom as 9 but still V5, however, thats not really the issue other then for twrp. Samsung devices has a fuse set, when a samsung devices bootloader is upgraded, the device trips or as we say "burns" out a fuse. The device can not be downgraded. After an update from 9 to 10, if you power off, hold both vol keys and plug into pc, in download mode at the top will tell you if a fuse has been triggered and provisioned. This means you cant go from 10 back to 9.

Reactions: fizzingbees

fizzingbees

Feb 12, 2014
Peshawar
Just assumed it was a rom, my apologies. I will check that for you when i have time but ive tested many modules with magisk and they work as well as magisk. Android 10 was an overhaul, not the same rom as 9 but still V5, however, thats not really the issue other then for twrp. Samsung devices has a fuse set, when a samsung devices bootloader is upgraded, the device trips or as we say "burns" out a fuse. The device can not be downgraded. After an update from 9 to 10, if you power off, hold both vol keys and plug into pc, in download mode at the top will tell you if a fuse has been triggered and provisioned. This means you cant go from 10 back to 9.
Thank you. Please do report back with viper4android. It's proper working with magisk is critical for me.

I understand your explanation about e-fuse.
But then that last android 10 upgrade that had this charging pcb issue, people did downgraded back successfully to Android 9 then.
How did they do that if e-fuse got triggered?

Lets leave this argument here.
I don't want to sidetrack you from your twrp and root work for Android 10.

MarvinMod

May 20, 2015
Samsung Galaxy A70
Thank you. Please do report back with viper4android. It's proper working with magisk is critical for me.

I understand your explanation about e-fuse.
But then that last android 10 upgrade that had this charging pcb issue, people did downgraded back successfully to Android 9 then.
How did they do that if e-fuse got triggered?

Lets leave this argument here.
I don't want to sidetrack you from your twrp and root work for Android 10.

No one with a galaxy A70 has updated to Android 10 stock and then went back to Android 9 stock. Viper worked fine and i kept root.

MarvinMod

May 20, 2015
Samsung Galaxy A70
Please tell me how to delete img files from the AP file
Or do I just need to replace img files with lz.4 files

Extract the contents of AP file using peazip into a new folder on your desktop. Name the folder AP. Inside the new folder will be the files you need to delete or move out depending on what guide you following. When youve made the necessary changes, repack that new folder with peazip into a .TAR and now its flashable. Do not worry about the .lz4 extension. To delete, as long as its not zipped, right click the file, choose delete. To move the file, right click and hold, drag and drop to wherever and choose move here.

Last edited:

fizzingbees

Feb 12, 2014
Peshawar
Fyi everyone, ill be making some youtube videos of the instructions for newbies by end of the week. It will have start to finish including bootloader unlock.
That would be helpful for lot.
Kindly do link your videos here for us when they get uploaded

---------- Post added at 03:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:31 PM ----------

No one with a galaxy A70 has updated to Android 10 stock and then went back to Android 9 stock. Viper worked fine and i kept root.
Good to hear.
Thanks for trying and reporting back

naruba

Jan 27, 2014
According to your instructions, I will be able to use tvrp on the Android 10 stock?Rооt is a worker?

Last edited:

MarvinMod

May 20, 2015
Samsung Galaxy A70
According to your instructions, I will be able to use tvrp on the Android 10 stock?Rооt is a worker?

no,youll be using twrp to root stock 10 this method allows you to keep root and use modules. twrp does not work with android 10 stock due to some changes in 10. it does however work with custom roms. you can either have twrp, custom rom and magisk root or have stock rom and magisk root.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Deleted by MarvinMod
    okay all, my videos to follow the guide are up. ill link them here but they will also be linked in the guide on the first page.
    twrp, los17.1 and magisk root- https://youtu.be/JCugkR2wKUU
    magisk root and android 10- https://youtu.be/FPbiSw75NpA

Update: as @bennythedip pointed out, It turns out that a format data "IS" required after installing stock with AP.tar. this seems to fix the mounting issue and brings back the 128gb internal storage. you still have to mount vendor to install magisk. if you do not format data in step 7, your internal storage will be 16-32gb. I will update guide and video.
    Great news @MarvinMod and thanks to @Grarak @MarvinMod Can you as so kind to test it and write a thorough guide to root, install twrp on Samsung A70 with stock android 10 afterwards.

Just so were clear, the new TWRP is NOT my work. all thanks for that goes to Grarak. :)
    im testing right now and twrp works on stock 10. download the file, extract recovery.img and repack recovery.img with peazip to recovery.tar and flash with odin. I will write guides but ill need to do some flashing first and check everything. will update as soon as I complete testing. :good:
    Fyi everyone, ill be making some youtube videos of the instructions for newbies by end of the week. It will have start to finish including bootloader unlock.
    Firstly, thank you for the effort to post up this tutorial.

I am wondering if there is a work around for this step because I have rebooted the device close to 20 times but it continues to have 'system partition read-only' checked, so i can not proceed with the installation process.
    I have a YN model on android 9 and am trying to install LOS.

Thank you.
    For that follow MarvinMod guide on A70 > Los 17.1[unofficial] by grarak pg 16 forum
    I am quoting his guide from there below.
    Leave a thanks there

here is the proper way to install twrp ,los 17, gapps and magisk. ill provide links at end of post to make it easier. Many thanks to the dev @Grarak. Without his work, we would be without.. Note: you still can not backup\restore data but internal storage is decrypted. Also, Its the second formatting of data after setup that's getting decryption going *If you want faster access to enable wifi, pull your sim before this procedure. **You don't have to use wifi although I recommend it. You do need some kind of access to the internet. If you don't, knox will not let you flash and you could soft brick your device.

1. get the latest Android 9 Baseband/bootloader for your model using samfirm and flash using odin. setup device using wifi and enable dev options. make sure oem unlocking is on and grayed out saying the bootloader is already unlocked. shut down the device.
    2. Hold both vol+ and vol- and plug into pc. hit vol+ on the next screen to enter download mode. flash twrp 3.3.1-6. when pass, hold vol- and power till device screen goes blank then immediately hold vol+ and vol- to boot back into download mode.
    3. when your back in download mode, flash vbmeta. when pass, hold vol- and power till screen blank then immediately hold vol+ to boot to twrp.
    4. click on settings and uncheck prompt to install twrp. go back. click on mount and make sure mount system partition read-only is unchecked
    5. copy Los 17 20200213, open-gapps nano 20200127 (optional), and magisk 20.3 to external sd card.
    6. Back in twrp, click wipe, advanced wipe and check ALL except micro sd card and usb otg. Slide right to confirm. DO NOT REBOOT. click back and click install.
    7. click select storage and select micro sd card. click on los 17 then click add more zips. then click gapps nano (optional). swipe right to confirm.
    8. once complete, go back and click wipe then click format data. type yes and enter. now reboot to system and wait.
    9. setup wifi and skip the rest. enable dev options and select advanced restart. hold power and select restart then restart to recovery.
    10. in twrp click wipe and format data, type yes and enter. then reboot back to recovery. internal storage should now be decrypted.
    11. reboot to system and setup your device normaly. reboot back to recovery and flash magisk 20.3 and reboot to system. you should now have magisk in your app drawer, update it.

Links:
    https://samfirmtool.com/
    https://github.com/Grarak/android_device_samsung_a70q-twrp/releases/download/3.3.1-3/vbmeta.tar
    https://github.com/Grarak/android_device_samsung_a70q-twrp/releases/download/3.3.1-6/recovery.zip
    https://github.com/Grarak/android_d...213/lineage-17.1-20200213-UNOFFICIAL-a70q.zip
    https://opengapps.org/
    https://xdaforums.com/apps/magisk/official-magisk-v7-universal-systemless-t3473445

Ammeded guide by me
    Google for gapp nano version. The open gaaps website offer different version

Unzip downloaded recovery zip to get recovery.img and repack it again with peazip windows program. Make sure to repack it as tar so the final file reads as recovery.tar. Also make sure this tar file doesn't contain anything besides recovery.img.
    Flash both vbmeta and recovery.tar in AP slot of Odin v3.13.3. Uncheck reboot option in Odin