Massive battery drain before and after wipe

Search This thread

DarkSoul88

Dec 23, 2010
Katowice
Hi. Can someone help me with my problem?
Im facing massive battery drain even after wipe, im only getting around 3/4h SOT. In BBS, 2 alarms are weird Job.delay. And job.deadline. I have wiped my phone, installed last version of rom, after that i have restored my apps. Problem still exist. Next i have installed kirasakura kernel and then frozen every of my apps, and its still there. After night im losing around 10/20% of battery. Im attaching some screens from bbs. Thanks in advance for every help.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210123-194331830.jpg
    Screenshot_20210123-194331830.jpg
    398.5 KB · Views: 65
  • Screenshot_20210123-194324924.jpg
    Screenshot_20210123-194324924.jpg
    250 KB · Views: 66
  • Screenshot_20210123-203109552.jpg
    Screenshot_20210123-203109552.jpg
    256.8 KB · Views: 58

dvijetrecine

Mar 7, 2012
Moto E7
i'll try to help as much as i can. install servicely and look at running services. if you see something weird, stop that service.
also, i see you're using bluetooth. that thing drained my battery as bluetooth would stay turned on even when it says it's off. what you can do is turn it on and off and it should stop bluetooth service from running.
in servicely you can disable apps from running in the background. maybe some app is running full throttle even tho you thought you closed it.

another thing you can check is if xmode is running. once i had system turning on xmode on even tho i closed the app that used it.

as you're rooted, check with some kernel manager what cpu governor is turned on. maybe the system is stuck in performance mode.

lastly, you can check your battery capacity. maybe it needs calibration. that could also result in battery drain as it's not charged to the max.

also, android 10 is generaly badly optimised for our phone. it has some good features, but powerwise it's not that efficient.

if nothing works out, i'd suggest returning to latest android 9 and do battery calibration.

DarkSoul88

Dec 23, 2010
Katowice
Thanks for answer. I have installed servicely but im not see anything suspicious. Xmode is off, governor ist in performance mode. About battery calibration, i dont need extra juice from my battery, i want to lose 1% over night, not 20%.. Probably around July/august everything was fine, my battery last for almost 3 days, now something eating it alive and i dont know what is it. Can i somehow check which app generate this "job" alarms? In BBS its "Android" only..

dvijetrecine

Mar 7, 2012
Moto E7
battery calibration isn't about extra juice, it's about system showing the right percentage. you could lose a lot of battery because it doesn't get charged to its max capacity.

there could also be a problem with the lastest update. when i was seeing a lot of battery drain, i had it because system constantly used location services. check in services if there are any location processes running. also it could be because of network. maybe your phone is constantly switching between 3g and 4g.

you can also check in the kernel manager what is your current battery draw in mAh. if its always over 300mAh, then you have a problem.
look for a wakelocks running in the background and disable and enable some to get them resetted.

DarkSoul88

Dec 23, 2010
Katowice
Probably u have solved my problem. Even after turning off location, i still have some running services with location in name. I have blocked all of them in servicely and after night i lost 1% of battery. I will check now in later days. Thanks a lot :)

Last edited:
Reactions: blackhawk

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
Probably u have solved my problem. Even after turning off location, i still have some running services with location in name. I have blocked all of them i servicely and after night i lost 1% of battery. I will check now in later days. Thanks a lot :)

A reload generally solves nothing and wastes time. It's always best to find the root cause(s) and address them directly otherwise they tend to reoccur.
Viruses (never had to), boot loops (prey it works🤣) and old loads are the only times I reload.

dvijetrecine

Mar 7, 2012
Moto E7
Probably u have solved my problem. Even after turning off location, i still have some running services with location in name. I have blocked all of them in servicely and after night i lost 1% of battery. I will check now in later days. Thanks a lot :)

yeah i thought it could be that. it's also worth checking if you have "find my phone" turned on. it's somewhere in the settings. search for device admin apps. if you see any apps turned on as device administrators, turn that off. those could also drain battery

DarkSoul88

Dec 23, 2010
Katowice
Yep, i have turned off "find my phone" now. Thanks once again. Now i have nearly 8h SoT again. I hope it will be all good now ;)

dvijetrecine

Mar 7, 2012
Moto E7
i'd still do battery calibration if i were you. 8 hours of sot is not that much. i mean, it is if you're playing games all the time

DarkSoul88

Dec 23, 2010
Katowice
After couple of days, problem is back. No new apps, 3 days was good, 0/1% drain in night, now its again about 15/20%. I will just sell this phone becouse i dont have any more patience...6000mah and my OP3 with half of that value can ez get about 5h sot. Aktually im getting about 3/4h sot and 3h calls. When i have bought this phone i have had about 10 h SOT and 5 h of calls in 3 days of usage. Never again gonna buy phone from asus. Thanks guys for every help :)

dvijetrecine

Mar 7, 2012
Moto E7
i wouldn't condemn the whole brand because of one phone model.

also try going back to android 9 and check how's the battery drain without any apps installed. then start installing your apps and monitoring if the drain will increase.

i'm currently on android 10 and there is some major problem with battery regulation. raw capacity goes below zero when the percentage is below 10 percent. no wonder the whole system starts stuttering when battery level is below 3%.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.