Massive Burn In

Search This thread

flex360

Sep 22, 2010
So I was watching YouTube and then my phone performed a random reboot. Woe and behold, I spotted massive navbar burn in on the screen. Now I won't even be able to sell this piece of sh!T phone for half price.

Shawn haz root

May 4, 2011
NY
So I was watching YouTube and then my phone performed a random reboot. Woe and behold, I spotted massive navbar burn in on the screen. Now I won't even be able to sell this piece of sh!T phone for half price.

Sounds defective to me. Prior to creating a thread to complain, then attacking the first to respond stating his has been fine, have you tried to contact support yet and maybe try to setup an RMA? Mine has been fine too.

Last edited:

Alcolawl

Jul 21, 2012
United States
Google Pixel 7
When I worked at Best Buy, the LG 4K OLED TVs would get some serious burn-in from the demo video we had looping constantly. The LG rep told us to throw a flash drive in the TV and have it display a totally white screen for a few hours. We did it overnight and it worked. I suppose it's worth a shot on your phone, I'm sure there's an app for it. Overnight probably isn't necessary but a few hours should do.

Either way I'd try to RMA it because itll most likely happen again.

thecarp1975

Apr 5, 2012
Vinton, VA
I automatically run a screen burn-in tool for 90 minutes everyday while I'm sleeping. I've had this phone since its release and not a bit of burn-in. I do it so I don't have to take the chance of having to get a VZW replacement that I might not be able to unlock.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

dermotti

Jul 20, 2010
Burn in is caused by leds being used more than the leds around them. By running a burn in tool you are just prematurally aging all your leds to try to make them match. Overall your just ending up with a dimmer display.

mikevipe

Nov 26, 2011
I automatically run a screen burn-in tool for 90 minutes everyday while I'm sleeping. I've had this phone since its release and not a bit of burn-in. I do it so I don't have to take the chance of having to get a VZW replacement that I might not be able to unlock.

Earlier last month my volume buttons stopped working. I just received a replacement for my Pixel XL yesterday, it came with the original 7.1 on it. I was able to unlock the bootloader and root without issues. Although as soon as the phone booted up and activated it downloaded 7.1.1 and wanted to update, I turned it off immediately and unlocked and flashed a google stock rom.

mwest316

Apr 26, 2010
Richland
Same burn in issue here on my Pixel XL from launch day.. Just got a replacement last week for it. May be going overboard, but on the new one I am using navbar apps, screen brightness at 50%, adaptive brightness set to on, gmd immersive app running to control most of my apps that give me the most on screen time which makes the status bar and navbar go away during this time.. Hoping it won't happen again - pretty frustrating to say the least..

M3ntalPurg3

Jan 18, 2012
PNW

I'm lost here, what's a burn in tool? What purpose does it serve? What's the name of the App you use? I might need to bookmark that for later in case it happens to mine...

bobby janow

Jun 15, 2010
I'm lost here, what's a burn in tool? What purpose does it serve? What's the name of the App you use? I might need to bookmark that for later in case it happens to mine...
I've heard a lot of crazy things but I think this takes the cake. Forget it, you'll never need it and it won't do jack. By the time you get burn in you'll have a Pixel 4.

Sent from my Pixel using XDA-Developers Legacy app

Reactions: dmb219 and Alcolawl

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Sounds defective to me. Prior to creating a thread to complain, then attacking the first to respond stating his has been fine, have you tried to contact support yet and maybe try to setup an RMA? Mine has been fine too.
    Lo and behold....wait, mine is also fine.

When I worked at Best Buy, the LG 4K OLED TVs would get some serious burn-in from the demo video we had looping constantly. The LG rep told us to throw a flash drive in the TV and have it display a totally white screen for a few hours. We did it overnight and it worked. I suppose it's worth a shot on your phone, I'm sure there's an app for it. Overnight probably isn't necessary but a few hours should do.

Either way I'd try to RMA it because itll most likely happen again.
    Burn in is caused by leds being used more than the leds around them. By running a burn in tool you are just prematurally aging all your leds to try to make them match. Overall your just ending up with a dimmer display.

Wow. Never said that. But my guess is you just wanted to complain about the phone and not see if anyone else was having the issue or not.