[MASTER FONTPACK] -=v7.2=- 1120 Fonts (Update 13/10/2017)

Search This thread

Winb33

Dec 1, 2010
French West Coast
It s a system app ! You cant install it as a data app ... Move it in system/app replacing existing one and apply 644 ... As i said in op ....

Sent from my SM-G920F using XDA Free mobile app

sergioortegac

Dec 30, 2011
Iquique
I have the same problem that vhoodo, i cant find the SamsungSans folder :(. I've SM-G9200. I Searched the file name in the /system with root explorer and this not found anything.
any suggestions?
What i can do? Thanks.

Last edited:

mithundperfect

Aug 13, 2013
Agartala
youtube.com
I have the same problem that vhoodo, i cant find the SamsungSans folder :(. I've SM-G9200. I Searched the file name in the /system with root explorer and this not found anything.
any suggestions?
What i can do? Thanks.

Goto system >app stand there you'll find Samsungsans.apk (it's a apk file not folder), delete this (or rename it as Samsungsans.apk.bak) and push the apk from this thread. Done :)

gitardan17

Sep 7, 2012
What if I can see the fonts, but when trying to select, not compatible pop up & it asks if I wanna uninstall. No matter which font is tried, same toast.

This is on SM-G870A deodexed & rooted OF2 build.

Oh yeah, thought it's worth mentioning, had this working before I went from OC5 to OF2. Plus I think it was the older version of this apk too.

Last edited:

Winb33

Dec 1, 2010
French West Coast
Well G870 is not S6 :)
This problem is due to secsetting.apk probably not patched or different on S5 and S6.
I dont know why cuz i' m not expert dev.
Stock rom (rooted) on S6 doesnt make any problem but some users report me same error on note also..
Sorry you will probably have to found a modded rom (or a secsetting.apk) patched for disabling font verification.

Did you try my standard pack ( as well know as XDA POWER FONT) instead of the SamsungSans.apk ?

What if I can see the fonts, but when trying to select, not compatible pop up & it asks if I wanna uninstall. No matter which font is tried, same toast.

This is on SM-G870A deodexed & rooted OF2 build.

Oh yeah, thought it's worth mentioning, had this working before I went from OC5 to OF2. Plus I think it was the older version of this apk too.

Reactions: gitardan17

NxtGenCowboy

Dec 29, 2007
Chicago,IL
I'm on COF8/(Rapture 2.0) and your flash/zip didn't work, just a FYI. The file does get placed in /system/app but it doesn't actually install.

I did however install the apk from the XDA Power Font and it worked perfect =)
** I lied, that didn't work either, it does show the fonts now but you can't select them. I just installed "Font Installer" from the Play Store. That worked
Thanks!

Last edited:
Reactions: gitardan17

gitardan17

Sep 7, 2012
Update: Got it working on my SM-G870A. Did it with root explorer by moving (ap NOT zip) to system>app>SamsungSans. There was one in that folder already (like 876b). I was notified that there was one file (ap) already there with the same name & asked if I would like to overwrite. I then selected yes &/rebooted.

Thanks to prior replies that pointed me in this corrected direction.

Reactions: Winb33 and blestsol

Winb33

Dec 1, 2010
French West Coast
Thanks for those info

I will make an update of flashable zip soon including a file verification presence with an automatic delete and updating by script ... :highfive:

Update: Got it working on my SM-G870A. Did it with root explorer by moving (ap NOT zip) to system>app>SamsungSans. There was one in that folder already (like 876b). I was notified that there was one file (ap) already there with the same name & asked if I would like to overwrite. I then selected yes &/rebooted.

Thanks to prior replies that pointed me in this corrected direction.

Reactions: s8freak

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

This mod work S6/S7/S8/S8+ and all others Samsung Rom (TW)

Need Root : YES
    Need Custom Recovery : Yes but if havent and your just rooted you can put the file by yourself ...
    Follow directory of zip and file right permission in updater-script

It works on all sams'rom based (Odexed or Deodex) using flipfont system ...

Please Press thanks if you like my mod !! No cost and greatly Appreciated

How to :

Flashable version now include automatic cleaning of existent apk from samsung, extract apk in right place and apply permission so no more problem for non-expert users , if using apk your have to do it manually :)

How to change fonts :
    Go to Settings / Display / Font (first opening can take 4/5 second) and select the font in the huuuuggggeeeee list provided :)

!!!!!!!! PLEASE DO NOT POST MODIFIED VERSION / ANYWHERE !!!!!!!!
    !!!!!!!! RESPECT MY WORK AND GIVE CREDIT!!!!!!!!
    ]

!!!! PLEASE DO NOT POST MIRROR !!!! (Ask me in pm if download on AFH is not working for you)

V7.2 ZIP : Download

!!! No more problem with the update on SamsungStore App !!!

:laugh::laugh::laugh: Have Fun :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Please dont forget to rate this thread and press thanks !

For ROM DEV : Feel free to include my work in your rom , just give credits ;)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Changelog :

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    V7.2 : Rebuilt to bypass update problem
    Tested on S8 Port work perfect
    V7.1 : Back to old base as it work best .
    V7 : Update APK Base
    Update many fonts
    Fix problem with latest samsung update (Based on this)
    Prevent next update from samsung breaking my mod :)
    V6: Added support to MM6.0.X Beta (and probably Official)
    Fix imcompatibily with 5.1.1 Roms using OLD Base and Newer
    V5 : Not released
    V4 : (11/12/2015
    => Many new/update fonts from Marshmallow 6.0.1 (+ 30 fonts)
    => Improve stability and compatibility
    V3 : (29/09/2015)
    Added 66 Fonts.
    Total is now 1032 Fonts
    62 fonts (Named Arabic_*****) include full support of Arabic Keyboard and language
    Huge thanks to @thereassaad for his request and his test
    Those fonts are also compatible with others languages
    Added Yosemite Apple SanFrancisco font
    thanks @Darktitor for sending me those fonts.
    Zip and Apk version Updated
    PLEASE USE ZIP VERSION FOR UPDATE(updater-script will do the magic)
    Major update ! v7 !
    Read op and changelog for info ?

Sent from my SM-G935F using XDA-Developers Legacy app
    V4 is on the road ...

Changelog :
    => Many new/update fonts from Marshmallow 6.0.1
    => Improve stability
    => Adding Unicode 8 support

I'll probably delete the apk version and will only let the flashable version since it's need to be flashed for working without issue ...

Stay tuned :)
    Cool !

Then First for my info go to see with a root browser like root explorer in system/app if you see SamsungSans.apk and report me this info.
    If there is no SamsungSans.apk try to download my apk and install it (perhaps need to autorize unknow source in settings/security).
    If install ok Go to Settings / Display / Font and see if font list is update , then select font you want and apply...
    Do you have custom recovery ?

Many thanks for your help ! :highfive:

I'm on stock 5.1.1 with root access. Let me know what you want to know, I can test but I'm a novice :D
    it is not working on my galaxy s7 sm-G930F, i don't found samsungsans .apk in "system/app"... can you help me please...?

You´ll get the samsungsans.apk from the zip in OP. Extract the zip, grab the SamsungSans.apk, make the folder "SamsungSans" in system/app/ and paste the SamsungSans.apk inside the folder. Set the permissions to rw-r-r and reboot :highfive
    142b9b09a4cb4890f349bdf10f188338.jpg
    :