Mate 10 Pro HDMI Out with DRM Streaming Apps: Phone Mode No Subtitles & No UI, Desktop Mode Black Video with Audio, Subtitles and UI

Search This thread

Cava20

Jul 27, 2017
Hi everyone, i have a Mate 10 Pro and a uni USB-C to HDMI cable. With that cable i connect the phone to a monitor, and i can do everything without problems: with both Phone Mode and Desktop Mode, i can watch VLC videos, play emulators and use remote play apps, and other things.
But there is a problem when i use streaming apps with DRM contents like Netflix, Disney+ and Prime Video. With Phone Mode, whenever i use these apps in their menus it seems all fine, but when i play something there is a strange behavior: on the monitor i can see the video and hear the audio, but there are no subtitles and i can't see the UI of the app, while on the phone there is everything. Usually is not a big deal, but sometimes is uncomfortable, like in a movie where someone speak a foreign language and there are subtitles to understand him but i can't see them beacause of this, or when a episode is over and there is the menu to go to the next and i want to stop it but i can't see it and so the next episode start.

I also have tried the Destop Mode, and is worse: when i play something there is the audio, the subtitles and the UI, but the video is black.
I understand that is something related to the DRM, but there is a solution to this? At least for the Phone Mode...

Thanks for the help.