Mate 20 Pro super macro shooting sharing. It’s really great!

Search This thread

Yummy99

Nov 15, 2018
I want to share with you the super macro shooting of the mate20 Pro. If you want to capture the details, super macro shooting is a great choice. How to use super macro shooting? When the distance between the camera and the object is less than 8cm during shooting, the camera will switch to the wide-angle lens and enter the super macro mode (as shown below).

181830q5dp4wc5oth1azub.gif

Compared to the normal camera mode, close-up shooting can capture more details and even give us small surprises that are not easily noticeable by the eyes. For example, the photo below shows that the normal angle of view is like this, the flower looks smaller:

18230205elsyunaz86jcrb.jpg

If we continue to zoom in and shoot in super macro mode, we can see more details of the flower, even the small bug on the flower can be clearly seen.

171235owstuzebcm63v5tu.jpg

The following pictures are also taken in super macro mode.

171609hvynwidwq41btnqu.jpg

With super macro shooting, the stamens of the small yellow flowers on the roadside are clearly visible.

141915bqeasyd42ghiizxr.jpg

141902fhcn0hdznrxhj5uy.jpg

141945yegbkegb0pmft3jn.jpg

142002vw9fetcls60flvyq.jpg

I think the ability to capture details in Super Macro is really great. How do you feel?

Finally, share some tips for super macro shooting.
1. Pay attention to the distance between the camera and the object during macro shooting (2.5cm<d<8cm). When the shooting distance is less than 2.5cm, it will exceed the camera's focusing ability range, resulting in inaccurate focus and blurred picture.
2. In a super macro scene, the object is too close, the slight movement of the object will cause a large displacement of the object in the picture, so try to shoot when the subject is at rest, and keep the phone steady as much as possible. The pictures taken in this way will be better.
3. If you have turned off the "Super Macro" prompt at the bottom when you shoot, you need to turn the camera off and then turn the camera back on to recognize and enter Super Macro mode. You can also zoom the screen to 0.6X and manually enter Super Macro mode.

I really like to take pictures in super macro mode. It's really great. Come and share with me the beautiful photos you took with super macro.

Last edited:

ElChouch

Jun 25, 2009
Hi, any option to activate? I dont see the super macro prompt when closing up to objects :-/
Cheers

EDIT: Alright, sorted it out, just had to turn on the AI

Last edited:

beta199

Sep 2, 2010
Water droplets as condensation on a window...

Attachments

• IMG_20190123_081248.jpg
    IMG_20190123_081248.jpg
    272.6 KB · Views: 989

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I want to share with you the super macro shooting of the mate20 Pro. If you want to capture the details, super macro shooting is a great choice. How to use super macro shooting? When the distance between the camera and the object is less than 8cm during shooting, the camera will switch to the wide-angle lens and enter the super macro mode (as shown below).

181830q5dp4wc5oth1azub.gif

Compared to the normal camera mode, close-up shooting can capture more details and even give us small surprises that are not easily noticeable by the eyes. For example, the photo below shows that the normal angle of view is like this, the flower looks smaller:

18230205elsyunaz86jcrb.jpg

If we continue to zoom in and shoot in super macro mode, we can see more details of the flower, even the small bug on the flower can be clearly seen.

171235owstuzebcm63v5tu.jpg

The following pictures are also taken in super macro mode.

171609hvynwidwq41btnqu.jpg

With super macro shooting, the stamens of the small yellow flowers on the roadside are clearly visible.

141915bqeasyd42ghiizxr.jpg

141902fhcn0hdznrxhj5uy.jpg

141945yegbkegb0pmft3jn.jpg

142002vw9fetcls60flvyq.jpg

I think the ability to capture details in Super Macro is really great. How do you feel?

Finally, share some tips for super macro shooting.
    1. Pay attention to the distance between the camera and the object during macro shooting (2.5cm<d<8cm). When the shooting distance is less than 2.5cm, it will exceed the camera's focusing ability range, resulting in inaccurate focus and blurred picture.
    2. In a super macro scene, the object is too close, the slight movement of the object will cause a large displacement of the object in the picture, so try to shoot when the subject is at rest, and keep the phone steady as much as possible. The pictures taken in this way will be better.
    3. If you have turned off the "Super Macro" prompt at the bottom when you shoot, you need to turn the camera off and then turn the camera back on to recognize and enter Super Macro mode. You can also zoom the screen to 0.6X and manually enter Super Macro mode.

I really like to take pictures in super macro mode. It's really great. Come and share with me the beautiful photos you took with super macro.