• XDA Forums have been migrated to XenForo. We are aware of several issues including missing threads, logins not working, and more. To discuss, use this thread.
  • If you are experiencing issues logging in, we moved to a new and more secure software and older account passwords were not able to be migrated. We recommend trying to reset your password, then contacting us if there are issues.

Mate 20 X crashing randomly after update 9.1

shaifullah.ahad

Sep 27, 2015
Dhaka
www.prosaif.com
Sometimes chrome some time other apps are crashing after using a minute or more and then OS crash and display goes black and lock the screen then I have to unlock again. Any body facing this issue?

Update- 1
28-6-19, 08:17 PM:- Finally I am able to fix my Mate 20 X. May be I find the solution and the cause of this problem but not sure.
After updating Emui 9.1 and debloat my Mate 20 X with this post "https://forum.xda-developers.com/mate-20-x/development/debloat-huawei-mate-20x-one-click-1-1-t3883921" when debloated my device, may be a file disabled which is necessary for emui 9.1. After a factory reset maybe the problem fixed.
or
2. I reinstalled the emui 9.1 on my device again by eRecovery and then fixed the problem.
Any of these fix my Mate 20 X. Thanks

Update- 2
29-6-19, 01:13 PM: I was wrong. Upper two steps did not fix my problem. Yesterday night again restart happened when watching movies. So today I downgrade to Emui 9.0 with HiSuite desktop app (in windows OS)
I am just reporting here: https://consumer.huawei.com/en/contact-us/

Update- 3
After downgrading to Emui 9.0 mate 20 x, Today I am staring to update Emui 9.1 again, If find any luck!

Update- 4
01-07-2019: You don't have to downgrade by only FunkyHuawei. You an always easily downgrade 9.1 to 9.0 by HiSuite application which is free on windows. Whenever you open HiSuite application on windows there is an option to downgrade to 9.0 under update section.

Update- 5
11-7-2019:- Today an update popup I don't know what kind of update it is because in the Emui version there is no change but came a update and unfortunately I can not read the update text I just press the install button and install the update I think some kind of "Patch" word written there in update popup.
So waiting and observing what is that update actually

Update- 6

20-7-19: After a lot of experiment my mate 20 x now crash free. So what I have tried?

I downgraded Emui 9.1 to 9.0 then update again more than 4 times but crash issue not solved.

I tried possibly every single steps, but crash issue did not solved. download the update over the wifi, then downgrade and again update over the mobile network then downgrade and then update again by eRecovery but all the steps were just waste of time crash issue was not solved. Then I downgrade again and then do factory reset, clear cache memory then update again. Most probably 4 to 5 times I downgrade and update again my Mate 20 X to solve the crash issue but the crash issue didn’t solve at all randomly happened crash issues 5 to 10 times a day. Then I was totally frustrated and decided not to try to fix the issue, I was only waiting som day huawei will fixed the crash issue by any update or patch.

But day before yesterday I was totally disturbed by the crash issue and finally decided I will downgrade again and I will not update my Mate 20 X again before Android Q stable come for device. And after downgrade I have a though that to try the 9.1 update last with HiSuite pc apps then I tried to update Emui 9.1 again with HiSuite PC application and after update came a 11mb patch update I do all the update and fortunately after Emui 9.1 updated via Windows PC HiSuite app my mate 20 x get rid of the crash issue. Now no crash issue in my Mate 20 X.

Update- 7

22-7-19: I was totally wrong. After 5 days running without crash my Mate 20 X crashing again from last night. After 10-30 minutes it is crashing even I don't use the phone then also it is crashing randomly after certain period. So from today morning I have to downgrade again from 9.1 to 9.0.

Last edited:
Reactions: _sC and kelvintisw

shaifullah.ahad

Sep 27, 2015
Dhaka
www.prosaif.com
I am having the same issue. After the screen comes back on it says your device was restarted enter the passcode to unlock

28-6-19, 08:17 PM:- Finally I am able to fix my Mate 20 X. May be I find the solution and the cause of this problem but not sure.

After updating Emui 9.1 and debloat my Mate 20 X with this post "https://forum.xda-developers.com/mate-20-x/development/debloat-huawei-mate-20x-one-click-1-1-t3883921" when debloated my device, may be a file disabled which is necessary for emui 9.1. After a factory reset maybe the problem fixed.

or

2. I reinstalld the emui 9.1 on my device again by eRecovery and then fixed the problem.

shaifullah.ahad

Sep 27, 2015
Dhaka
www.prosaif.com
The same here. Do not know what to do

or

2. I reinstalld the emui 9.1 on my device again by eRecovery and then fixed the problem.

shaifullah.ahad

Sep 27, 2015
Dhaka
www.prosaif.com
Yes, this happened to me as well

or

shaifullah.ahad

Sep 27, 2015
Dhaka
www.prosaif.com
count me in too..happened a lot on day 1..a little less now but still there

or

Youtube_Ll0r3nt3

Feb 6, 2018
Madrid
www.youtube.com

or

No es por mi debloat, hay gente que no lo ha usado y le pasa lo mismo.

Yo mismo estoy usando Emui 9.1 junto a otros usuarios con el debloat y funciona perfecto.

No hables sin saber.

Gracias.

Reactions: shaifullah.ahad

shaifullah.ahad

Sep 27, 2015
Dhaka
www.prosaif.com
No es por mi debloat, hay gente que no lo ha usado y le pasa lo mismo.

Yo mismo estoy usando Emui 9.1 junto a otros usuarios con el debloat y funciona perfecto.

No hables sin saber.

Gracias.
By the help of google I understood you language. You said me not to tell anything without knowing. I just said a probability and I did not confirme anything. Don't blame for illogically

Sent from my [device_name] using XDA-Developers Legacy app