• XDA Forums have been migrated to XenForo. We are aware of several issues including missing threads, logins not working, and more. To discuss, use this thread.
  • If you are experiencing issues logging in, we moved to a new and more secure software and older account passwords were not able to be migrated. We recommend trying to reset your password, then contacting us if there are issues.

Mate 20 X crashing randomly after update 9.1

kelvintisw

Nov 28, 2011
Singapore
Okay. Update from me.

I took the chance yesterday afternoon to update to 9.1.

Thank God that it has been more than 24 hours now without a single random restart.

I suspect that it was due to 3rd party apps problem that caused the random restarts and that the culprit 3rd party apps had been updated from Google Playstore to work well with 9.1 since then thus no more random restarts. Possible?

Or it was due to cocked up EMUI 9.1 update process previously?

Last edited:
Reactions: _sC

kelvintisw

Nov 28, 2011
Singapore
Passing the 36th hour after EMUI 9.1 update. No random restart. I can safely say that my Mate 20X is free of that random restarts problem now. :). Thank God! :)

Last edited:

kelvintisw

Nov 28, 2011
Singapore
Hi, how its going? Still working fine? :)
Yoo! Passed the 48 hours mark into the 3rd day now. . Not a single random restart. It looks really good. :).

I did not do a factory rest neither wipe cache after updated from 9.0 to 9.1. :)

The only difference is that I downloaded the 9.1 via mobile data not via Wi-Fi. Anyway, it shouldn't make any difference. There is no logic about that.

You wanna try your luck again?

Last edited:

shaifullah.ahad

Sep 27, 2015
Dhaka
www.prosaif.com
After a lot of experiment my mate 20 x now crash free. So what I have tried?

I downgraded Emui 9.1 to 9.0 then update again more than 4 times.but crash issue not solved.

I tried possibly every single steps, but crash issue did not solved. download the update over the wifi, then downgrade and again update over the mobile network then downgrade and then update again by eRecovery but all the steps were just waste of time crash issue was not solved. Then I downgrade again and then do factory reset, clear cache memory then update again. Most probably 4 to 5 times I downgrade and update again my Mate 20 X to solve the crash issue but the crash issue didn’t solve at all randomly happened crash issues 5 to 10 times a day. Then I was totally frustrated and decided not to try to fix the issue, I was only waiting som day huawei will fixed the crash issue by any update or patch.

But day before yesterday I was totally disturbed by the crash issue and finally decided I will downgrade again and I will not update my Mate 20 X again before Android Q stable come for device. And after downgrade I have a though that to try the 9.1 update last with HiSuite pc apps then I tried to update Emui 9.1 again with HiSuite PC application and after update came a 11mb patch update I do all the update and fortunately after Emui 9.1 updated via Windows PC HiSuite app my mate 20 x get rid of the crash issue. Now no crash issue in my Mate 20 X.

Sent from my [device_name] using XDA-Developers Legacy app

Reactions: _sC and kelvintisw

letschky

Oct 3, 2008
Near Vienna
After a lot of experiment my mate 20 x now crash free. So what I have tried?

I downgraded Emui 9.1 to 9.0 then update again more than 4 times.but crash issue not solved.

I tried possibly every single steps, but crash issue did not solved. download the update over the wifi, then downgrade and again update over the mobile network then downgrade and then update again by eRecovery but all the steps were just waste of time crash issue was not solved. Then I downgrade again and then do factory reset, clear cache memory then update again. Most probably 4 to 5 times I downgrade and update again my Mate 20 X to solve the crash issue but the crash issue didn’t solve at all randomly happened crash issues 5 to 10 times a day. Then I was totally frustrated and decided not to try to fix the issue, I was only waiting som day huawei will fixed the crash issue by any update or patch.

But day before yesterday I was totally disturbed by the crash issue and finally decided I will downgrade again and I will not update my Mate 20 X again before Android Q stable come for device. And after downgrade I have a though that to try the 9.1 update last with HiSuite pc apps then I tried to update Emui 9.1 again with HiSuite PC application and after update came a 11mb patch update I do all the update and fortunately after Emui 9.1 updated via Windows PC HiSuite app my mate 20 x get rid of the crash issue. Now no crash issue in my Mate 20 X.

Sent from my [device_name] using XDA-Developers Legacy app
Same Problem with me.
I also have the update installed 6 times and back to 9.0 again.
With 9.1 it worked a day then the Problems started again.
Now back to 9.0 and wait for an Update until it works.
It's crazy.

Zephels

Jan 3, 2016
Subang Jaya
Based on shaifullah.ahad & kelvintisw upgrade results, it seems that there are 2 possible working solutions to the 9.1 crash issue:
1. Upgrade via PC HiSuite
2. Do not wipe cache/format after upgrade

Can either one of you try to wipe cache and let us know if the crashes start to occur? I have a suspicion that cache wiping/formatting after upgrading could be the issue for those who already have this problem.
Thanks.

Reactions: kelvintisw

shaifullah.ahad

Sep 27, 2015
Dhaka
www.prosaif.com
Same Problem with me.
I also have the update installed 6 times and back to 9.0 again.
With 9.1 it worked a day then the Problems started again.
Now back to 9.0 and wait for an Update until it works.
It's crazy.
Just downgrade to 9.0 (It you already update 9.1) then update again by Windows HiSuite PC application. thats it no cache delete or factory reset needed. after updating Emui 9.1 with HiSuite you will find a 11mb patch update in your device update that also. Boom. Most probably no crash issue will occur again.

shaifullah.ahad

Sep 27, 2015
Dhaka
www.prosaif.com
Based on shaifullah.ahad & kelvintisw upgrade results, it seems that there are 2 possible working solutions to the 9.1 crash issue:
1. Upgrade via PC HiSuite
2. Do not wipe cache/format after upgrade

Can either one of you try to wipe cache and let us know if the crashes start to occur? I have a suspicion that cache wiping/formatting after upgrading could be the issue for those who already have this problem.
Thanks.
My Mate 20 X running perfectly past 3-4 days and no crash issue occur again. So I don't want to any type of experiment, I should not experiment to wipe cache/format. Just running fine my Mate 20 X

letschky

Oct 3, 2008
Near Vienna
Just downgrade to 9.0 (It you already update 9.1) then update again by Windows HiSuite PC application. thats it no cache delete or factory reset needed. after updating Emui 9.1 with HiSuite you will find a 11mb patch update in your device update that also. Boom. Most probably no crash issue will occur again.
I am on 9.0,Hisuite find not any Update.
Only Ota Update works for me

Our Apps
Get our official app! (coming soon)
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone