Mate 20X/Install Update/Unbrick - Official FunkyHuawei Thread for Mate 20X

Search This thread

tv83

Sep 4, 2018
I just bought the global version.
I have not been able to unlock FRP or to turn on OEM unlock.
Can anyone help?

ilovepj

Aug 20, 2013
Brothers, we need to standup for ourselves and stop this ***** madness.
1. I've sent Huawei many emails, it obviously didn't help.
2. If we start like a mass petition or class action or some other case together, we might stand a chance. Remember we're not the only ones with locked bootloader. / Grayed out OEM unlock in developing settings. The mate 20 pro users and possibly other models have the same issue.

Perhaps we can make an email format here that we copy paste and send to hauwei each of us individually. They would be spammed with say 1 million emails.

3. We have paid allot for this device , an android device should be open and customizable. There is absolutely no valid reason to lock down an android device, unless you as smartphone brand try to protect your spyware .

Anyway are you with me brothers ? Let's get the full potential for the hardware that we paid for.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is the official FunkyHuawei thread for the Mate 20X.

What FunkyHuawei Supports Currently:

1. Firmware Installation / Unbricking
    FunkyHuawei supports the Mate 20X for unbricking and firmware installation, but support has not yet been made public. This will be updated when it is.

2. Rebranding
    Rebranding is currently not possible on the Mate 20X, even with root or unlocked bootloader. If this changes in the future, it will be updated.

Those who need to install updates and so on are welcome to contact FunkyHuawei support for help while the release of support for this model is still private.

Any other questions, feel free to ask them here.
    Hi I have the Chinese mate 20x when will the global ROM be available to flash on this?

that will be good to know if possible (think need bootloader unlocking is needed though)...hope...
    Brothers, we need to standup for ourselves and stop this ***** madness.
    1. I've sent Huawei many emails, it obviously didn't help.
    2. If we start like a mass petition or class action or some other case together, we might stand a chance. Remember we're not the only ones with locked bootloader. / Grayed out OEM unlock in developing settings. The mate 20 pro users and possibly other models have the same issue.

Perhaps we can make an email format here that we copy paste and send to hauwei each of us individually. They would be spammed with say 1 million emails.

3. We have paid allot for this device , an android device should be open and customizable. There is absolutely no valid reason to lock down an android device, unless you as smartphone brand try to protect your spyware .

Anyway are you with me brothers ? Let's get the full potential for the hardware that we paid for.
    Google pay

Hi, would these apps work on this version of the phone?
    - Gboard, Google Pay(I usually use it for contactless payment), UK banking apps(HSBC, Barclays, etc)

Hi
    I have a Honor note 10 and use Google pay just fine . I bank with Metrol bank and First direct who is part of HSBC .

Not tried gboard but all other Google apps works fine.

---------- Post added at 02:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:46 PM ----------

Can you unlock the bootloader so it can be rooted?

Also, is there any difference in hardware between the 6/128 China version and the 6/128 Global version?

I see people mention google support, but how can it be impossible to install google stuff on a rooted china model?

Thanks

I dont believe there is any hardware difference just maybe 1 let band difference. Chinese model will get updates quicker as the main base is in China so there update that model first . Google pay etc worked fine on my Honor note 10 which came out in August, call it the smaller brother which has no global ROM .

I personally prefer Chinese model , can delete most Chinese apps fine , yes some will remain and some Chinese characters in certain parts but still prefer Chinese model

---------- Post added at 02:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:50 PM ----------

Can you unlock the bootloader so it can be rooted?

Also, is there any difference in hardware between the 6/128 China version and the 6/128 Global version?

I see people mention google support, but how can it be impossible to install google stuff on a rooted china model?

Thanks

Huawei have become strict in unlocking so maybe not but Honor who is apart of Huawei did offer users of honour note 10 codes .
    This is the official FunkyHuawei thread for the Mate 20X.

What FunkyHuawei Supports Currently:

1. Firmware Installation / Unbricking
    FunkyHuawei supports the Mate 20X for unbricking and firmware installation, but support has not yet been made public. This will be updated when it is.

2. Rebranding
    Rebranding is currently not possible on the Mate 20X, even with root or unlocked bootloader. If this changes in the future, it will be updated.

Those who need to install updates and so on are welcome to contact FunkyHuawei support for help while the release of support for this model is still private.

Any other questions, feel free to ask them here.
    Hi I have the Chinese mate 20x when will the global ROM be available to flash on this?