• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

mate 30 pro/att

Search This thread

o012

currently having an issue with my phones wireless data... as some of you my know att is phasing out 3g... however the mate 30 pro is 4 g capable, i switched my sim card from one mate 30 pro to a second phone and now it will not connect to data and i received a txt from att saying my 3 g drvice could not be activated. going to head over to the att store but if anyone has any ideas id appreciate it

Kenora_I

Jun 12, 2021
Ireland
Redmi 7A
Samsung Galaxy A21s
currently having an issue with my phones wireless data... as some of you my know att is phasing out 3g... however the mate 30 pro is 4 g capable, i switched my sim card from one mate 30 pro to a second phone and now it will not connect to data and i received a txt from att saying my 3 g drvice could not be activated. going to head over to the att store but if anyone has any ideas id appreciate it
Huh, you have selected 4G in the sim settings?

o012

So here's the situation, after calling and getting thru to the correct representatives 😉 I have it activated for now. I can no longer switch between phones as it will suspend service because the phone apperantly uses 4g for data but NOT VOICE so when you try and activate the phone ie switch SIM card to other mate 30 pro it deactivates the SIM so you have to call and find out about atts sunsetting of 3g. Essentially screwing me over as I have 2 of these devises that apperantly not on the APPROVED list. Now I've got to come up with a way to get yet another new phone 🙃 been a bad few days for me and this is the icing on the 🍰 🤷‍♂️

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210720_104252_com.android.mms.jpg
    Screenshot_20210720_104252_com.android.mms.jpg
    357.9 KB · Views: 8