Mate 40 Pro+

Search This thread

lawtq

Oct 12, 2011
If you don't mind, and it would help me a lot. This is the only thing preventing my from getting a Chinese M40 pro plus or RS. Can you create a quick 2 person group text chat to see if it works? It would really help me in making my decision.

The recipients got the text as individual texts it seems

If you don't mind, and it would help me a lot. This is the only thing preventing my from getting a Chinese M40 pro plus or RS. Can you create a quick 2 person group text chat to see if it works? It would really help me in making my decision.
OK, I just sent a text (using the built in APP) to a group of 2. They both replied, but they came in as 2 new messages, not in the original thread, but for all I know there might be something in settings for how you view it? I sent another and the second reply came with their first, but again not in my first message.
Hope that makes sense and helps?

Lagann888

Nov 5, 2020
That makes sense guys. Which means group sms texting is not working and it did not form a group text. Thank you so much for trying both of you. Its a shame. I use whatsapp the majority of the time, but i have one group sms text going right now that i have to be a part of.

Google messegang app has a feature in settings-> advance settings-> send MMS reply to all recipients(group MMS) . Not sure if Huawei default messaging app has this

Lagann888

Nov 5, 2020
Can you guys try again after downloading the Textra app? This was once a workaround for this problem on older huawei phones.
i.e. try to send a group mms text with the Textra app to see if replies come to the group instead of individually. Thanks a bunch!! If it does not work, then i can't go with a Chinese version

That makes sense guys. Which means group sms texting is not working and it did not form a group text. Thank you so much for trying both of you. Its a shame. I use whatsapp the majority of the time, but i have one group sms text going right now that i have to be a part of.

Google messegang app has a feature in settings-> advance settings-> send MMS reply to all recipients(group MMS) . Not sure if Huawei default messaging app has this
Not that I can find, sorry. I assume you can't download the Google APP? (With an APK?)

Last edited:
Can you guys try again after downloading the Textra app? This was once a workaround for this problem on older huawei phones.
i.e. try to send a group mms text with the Textra app to see if replies come to the group instead of individually. Thanks a bunch!! If it does not work, then i can't go with a Chinese version
Sorry, tried this but the texts didn't send! Uninstalled :(

saints5354

May 31, 2006
S'pore/M'sia/KCH

Working.

Attachments

• Textra.jpeg
    Textra.jpeg
    100.8 KB · Views: 34

sootyvrs

Nov 2, 2010
Thanks for the video. Glad to finally see some images of the ultra wide lens on the Pro+

Do you have any full size jpg files of images taken with different lenses uploaded anywhere to share?

Thanos88

Apr 28, 2019
The recipients got the text as individual texts it seems
Hi can you make a video showing the zoom on the mate 40 pro plus? I heard it's got 170x zoom, is this true? Mi 10 ultra has 120x, does the mate 40 pro plus really have 170x?

Also, how are the photos with maximum zoom? ( On the S20 ultra and mi 10 ultra photos at max zoom are horrible) how are they on your phone ?

How is the battery life ?

Thanks

Hi can you make a video showing the zoom on the mate 40 pro plus? I heard it's got 170x zoom, is this true? Mi 10 ultra has 120x, does the mate 40 pro plus really have 170x?

Also, how are the photos with maximum zoom? ( On the S20 ultra and mi 10 ultra photos at max zoom are horrible) how are they on your phone ?

How is the battery life ?

Thanks
I have the RS and the zoom max is 100. I wouldn't use it personally but 50 can be acceptable.
As with all Huawei phones I find the battery great.
I came from Note 20 ultra and found that camera disappointing.
Just my opinions though.

Thanos88

Apr 28, 2019
I have the RS and the zoom max is 100. I wouldn't use it personally but 50 can be acceptable.
As with all Huawei phones I find the battery great.
I came from Note 20 ultra and found that camera disappointing.
Just my opinions though.
I appreciate the reply many thanks !

I had a mate 40 pro on contract (uk)

I noticed it used to heat up excessively :( and also the battery would drain very quick so I decided to sell it and bought the p40 pro plus which is absolutely incredible even 6 months later.

The reason why I asked about the zoom is because Huawei mentioned 17x optical on the 40 pro plus...does this mean that the 40 pro plus and the RS edition have a different camera set up? And would you happen to know if 17x optical is actually 170x? Thank u

I appreciate the reply many thanks !

I had a mate 40 pro on contract (uk)

I noticed it used to heat up excessively :( and also the battery would drain very quick so I decided to sell it and bought the p40 pro plus which is absolutely incredible even 6 months later.

The reason why I asked about the zoom is because Huawei mentioned 17x optical on the 40 pro plus...does this mean that the 40 pro plus and the RS edition have a different camera set up? And would you happen to know if 17x optical is actually 170x? Thank u
sorry I got mixed up with your descriptions. The P40 Pro+ has 10 x optical and 20 hybrid with 100 max.
The Mate 40 Pro+ & RS are not on sale in the UK so I got mine from China and the cameras on those 2 are the same. From the web site -
a 3 times optical and a 10 times optical. 100 is the max.

Thanos88

Apr 28, 2019
sorry I got mixed up with your descriptions. The P40 Pro+ has 10 x optical and 20 hybrid with 100 max.
The Mate 40 Pro+ & RS are not on sale in the UK so I got mine from China and the cameras on those 2 are the same. From the web site -
Sorry the description was slightly confusing .

Take a look at the screenshot I've attached to this message which shows that Huawei claim the mate 40 pro plus has 17x optical (sorry I'm seriously confused, I thought 17x optical meant 170x zoom a 😂)

Take a look at the screenshot I've attached to this message which shows that Huawei claim the mate 40 pro plus has 17x optical (sorry I'm seriously confused, I thought 17x optical meant 170x zoom as maximum 😂)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201228-120225748.jpg
    Screenshot_20201228-120225748.jpg
    442.7 KB · Views: 14

Take a look at the screenshot I've attached to this message which shows that Huawei claim the mate 40 pro plus has 17x optical (sorry I'm seriously confused, I thought 17x optical meant 170x zoom a 😂)

Take a look at the screenshot I've attached to this message which shows that Huawei claim the mate 40 pro plus has 17x optical (sorry I'm seriously confused, I thought 17x optical meant 170x zoom as maximum 😂)
I think The Verve may have got that wrong, even adding a 3 and a 10 together you don't get 17 surely? My attachment is from the Huawei website rather than The Verve.
But maybe best waiting for somebody who knows more to come along, I'm just a happy amateur ;).

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-12-28 HUAWEI Mate 40 Pro+ Specifications - HUAWEI Global.png
    Screenshot_2020-12-28 HUAWEI Mate 40 Pro+ Specifications - HUAWEI Global.png
    53.7 KB · Views: 14

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Guys, i got my Mate 40 Pro + from Taobao after paying an insane amount of money for it.

This is the unboxing and preview ...

Video comparison with iPhone 12 Pro Max coming soon, it is really hard to make video.
    Hi,

Could you please explain how you went about buying from Taobao, I was thinking of doing this but not exactly sure how?

Did you have pay Customs?

Thank you
    Regards
    Stephen

Is quite difficult, at first i can't make payment to them, email Taoban then managed to settle.

Then placed order, send to logistics company then send over to me. I declare at USD 280 so i never pay tax.
    Hello everyone from the beginning of November I bought Mate 40 Pro + on Tradingshenzen with the result that I had to request a refund after a week because they said it was available but it wasn't, then I tried with the giztop site but they said that from November 15th was available and for the second time the same problem that in reality they did not have the goods in stock and were only telling lies and I requested an immediate refund and in the end I wanted to do a last try buying on alibaba.com from a seller who works for a company called cscpower and on the announcement there was immediate availability and immediate delivery by DHL express courier but in reality on November 17th I placed the order and on November 20th I was told that I had to add 250 dollars in addition to the 1720 dollars I had already spent to get Mate 40 Pro + and only the black color was available in the morning and magically even white in the afternoon. I was convinced and made the extra payment of 250 dollars very annoyed and the seller told me that he would ship immediately but in reality from November 23 to November 30 I was still waiting for the tracking telling me that the package was at the port of honk kong and that it was in waiting to take the plane until the courier had not collected the package for shipping and I was annoyed by threatening a refund on the alibaba.com website. Finally the seller on November 30th proposed me to change the color from white to black and he would actually ship the package and finally on December 3rd he sent me showing me the real photos of the package with the courier tracking they used to deliver to dhl express and on December 4th he sent me the waybill of the dhl express parcel. The package actually left on December 8th from Honk Kong and now I'm waiting for it to arrive in the week at most I think it should be here with me.I like the Pro + version more than the RS version and in any case everyone has their own tastes.
    so you know the next questions... what company did you buy from & were they good and which sideload method? Many thanks.

I bought it at online shop in Taobao (original of Alibaba China version), they jack up the price, i can't get else where even Huawei online store.

Regarding GMS, i learn from youtube and did it myself.