Mate 40 Pro+

Search This thread
Oh don't! I know, it just got crazy. Like the other guy, I was told I might be able to get a Pro+ if I paid more, but it was getting so close to the RS price which they definitely had in stock (or so they said) that it just kind of ran away with me. But I really wanted a Mate 40 Pro+ with the extra lens and other goodies.

Well, I have my mate 40 RS. Got from a company on Alibaba, risk I know. But they reassured me with pictures of stock, good replies too. Shipped on the 27th November from China, got it 3 days later. The camera is tremendous! Crystal clear 10x zoom is a joy. 20x zoom is almost as good too! Ridiculous
How are you getting on with it? No Celia, or video APP and a couple of others because it's a Chinese phone? And was the built in browser in Chinese too?

lawtq

Oct 12, 2011
Huawei Mate X2
Off topic, but my mate 40 RS has been updated to 135 software

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201212_182342_com.huawei.android.hwouc.jpg
    Screenshot_20201212_182342_com.huawei.android.hwouc.jpg
    330.5 KB · Views: 26

Lagann888

Nov 5, 2020

Any problems with group sms texts in the US?
Reason I ask
I had a chinese version Oppo find X2 pro last year and it was perfect except any time I sent group texts, the recipients would get them as individual pvt messages from me instead of a group. There was no work around. Since then, i've really been reluctant going with anything other than international or global version phones.

lawtq

Oct 12, 2011
Huawei Mate X2
Reason I ask
I had a chinese version Oppo find X2 pro last year and it was perfect except any time I sent group texts, the recipients would get them as individual pvt messages from me instead of a group. There was no work around. Since then, i've really been reluctant going with anything other than international or global version phones.

No idea. I'm in the UK and I can't remember the last time I sent a group SMS 🤷🏾‍♂️

Reason I ask
Sorry, I'm in the UK, and rarely send group texts, I'm more on Messenger or WhatsApp these days. I had a FindX2 Pro myself for a while! ;)

saints5354

May 31, 2006
S'pore/M'sia/KCH
I got mine as China version Mate 40 Pro+, SMS no problem, i never use group SMS also. Manage to sideload GMS, Google MAP, Play Store without any notification error issues.

Lagann888

Nov 5, 2020
No idea. I'm in the UK and I can't remember the last time I sent a group SMS 🤷🏾‍♂️

If you don't mind, and it would help me a lot. This is the only thing preventing my from getting a Chinese M40 pro plus or RS. Can you create a quick 2 person group text chat to see if it works? It would really help me in making my decision.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Guys, i got my Mate 40 Pro + from Taobao after paying an insane amount of money for it.

This is the unboxing and preview ...

Video comparison with iPhone 12 Pro Max coming soon, it is really hard to make video.
    Hi,

Could you please explain how you went about buying from Taobao, I was thinking of doing this but not exactly sure how?

Did you have pay Customs?

Thank you
    Regards
    Stephen

Is quite difficult, at first i can't make payment to them, email Taoban then managed to settle.

Then placed order, send to logistics company then send over to me. I declare at USD 280 so i never pay tax.
    Hello everyone from the beginning of November I bought Mate 40 Pro + on Tradingshenzen with the result that I had to request a refund after a week because they said it was available but it wasn't, then I tried with the giztop site but they said that from November 15th was available and for the second time the same problem that in reality they did not have the goods in stock and were only telling lies and I requested an immediate refund and in the end I wanted to do a last try buying on alibaba.com from a seller who works for a company called cscpower and on the announcement there was immediate availability and immediate delivery by DHL express courier but in reality on November 17th I placed the order and on November 20th I was told that I had to add 250 dollars in addition to the 1720 dollars I had already spent to get Mate 40 Pro + and only the black color was available in the morning and magically even white in the afternoon. I was convinced and made the extra payment of 250 dollars very annoyed and the seller told me that he would ship immediately but in reality from November 23 to November 30 I was still waiting for the tracking telling me that the package was at the port of honk kong and that it was in waiting to take the plane until the courier had not collected the package for shipping and I was annoyed by threatening a refund on the alibaba.com website. Finally the seller on November 30th proposed me to change the color from white to black and he would actually ship the package and finally on December 3rd he sent me showing me the real photos of the package with the courier tracking they used to deliver to dhl express and on December 4th he sent me the waybill of the dhl express parcel. The package actually left on December 8th from Honk Kong and now I'm waiting for it to arrive in the week at most I think it should be here with me.I like the Pro + version more than the RS version and in any case everyone has their own tastes.
    so you know the next questions... what company did you buy from & were they good and which sideload method? Many thanks.

I bought it at online shop in Taobao (original of Alibaba China version), they jack up the price, i can't get else where even Huawei online store.

Regarding GMS, i learn from youtube and did it myself.