• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Mate 7 Update to LOLLIPOP (SCREENSHOTS)

Search This thread

zicojoksic

Jul 13, 2015
but do you have unlocked bootloader ?
no i dont have spam ,virus fb .. i talk here..

Except update to Lolipop 5.1 B308 i havent done anything else
So i guess i didnt do bootloader unlock, as i also dont know how to do it
Btw tried steps from here and didnt work well
Because webpage provided its on "chinese" i cant understand a thing, tried to translate on english and subscribed with my email and all but cant seem to work, i guess page is down/outdated "link"

Ok, i just thought we spam ppl here replying whole time

XDADEVX

Jun 24, 2015
Except update to Lolipop 5.1 B308 i havent done anything else
So i guess i didnt do bootloader unlock, as i also dont know how to do it
Btw tried steps from here and didnt work well
Because webpage provided its on "chinese" i cant understand a thing, tried to translate on english and subscribed with my email and all but cant seem to work, i guess page is down/outdated "link"

Ok, i just thought we spam ppl here replying whole time

well u need to have bootloader unlocked ..THAT IS WHY u getting cust fail .. cust means custom modding .. which is restricted for you ..
for you is only update ota or local update available..
that huawei site don't provide generating unlock code for mate7 ANYMORE.. u need to contact huawei personally and they will send you code..

Last edited:

zicojoksic

Jul 13, 2015
well u need to have bootloader unlocked ..THAT IS WHY u getting cust fail .. cust means custom modding .. which is restricted for you ..
for you is only update ota or local update available..
that huawei site don't provide generating unlock code for mate7 ANYMORE.. u need to contact huawei personally and they will send you code..

I'm screwed :/
I already wrote them 2days ago, I just filled out the form i found on their website (link)
:(

zicojoksic

Jul 13, 2015
it takes forever to reply from them ..
you can flash from local update same b308 .. and then restore factory .. do it .. and report..

I am now downgrading to B137 .. it is working for me.. i have unlocked bootloader..

Sorry to say this but i am really all new to this, so flashing isnt quite clear for me
Is this correct way to do it ?

1 So i download this file (link) MT7-TL10V100R001C900B308_EUROPE.ZIP
2 Unzip it on my pc
3 Place file "update.app" on my phone SD card into "dload" folder
4 Go to settings and under option updater go to local update
5 Choose "update.app" file under local update and select "dont backup"
6 .....

If this above passes all ok, next step is the factory reset :

Go to settings,
choose backup and restore
Select dont backup ( i dont have files i would like to backup, phone is brand new)

- Please tell if i am wrong somewhere
Sorry to tell again, but all this is new for me :/

zicojoksic

Jul 13, 2015
@zicojoksic
no u have wrong that one is for L10 u need for L09 .. when u flashing same b308 no need backup ..

https://mega.co.nz/#!vdMW0bQB!P34e3RI-hQT1ZY2WnfOosGmkq2wlr6NViq6ehQuWN5k

Oh mate thank you so much, i almost downloaded wrong one :D
After download i will try to update in local and will report here how it all gone okay

Btw i tried to do "hard reset" before updating by holding Volume Up + Volume Down + Power Button when device is shut off, and all it does is go to "update screen" and says "FAIL",

XDADEVX

Jun 24, 2015
Oh mate thank you so much, i almost downloaded wrong one :D
After download i will try to update in local and will report here how it all gone okay

Btw i tried to do "hard reset" before updating by holding Volume Up + Volume Down + Power Button when device is shut off, and all it does is go to "update screen" and says "FAIL",

no don't do 3btn for now.. just do that what i said

XDADEVX

Jun 24, 2015
Okay, still downloading file u sent me
Reaaaaaaly slow hahha :D

thanks
no worries ..

---------- Post added at 21:29 ---------- Previous post was at 21:26 ----------

OK guys I have updated to 5.1.1 headphone sound working now ..
smart unlock added with smart watch or wristband
i don't know if u guys has charging accessory .. i had it even in 4.4.x
while u charging u can turn phone into photo frame ..
it is much better than 5.1 .. but there is no double tap to wake up screen unfortunately :( sahme

Last edited:

elroy944

Oct 8, 2007
no worries ..

---------- Post added at 21:29 ---------- Previous post was at 21:26 ----------

OK guys I have updated to 5.1.1 headphone sound working now ..
smart unlock added with smart watch or wristband
i don't know OK guys I have updated to 5.1.1 headphone sound working now ..
smart unlock added with smart watch
i don't know if u guys has charging accessory .. i had it even in 4.4.x
while u charging u can turn phone into photo frame ..
it is much better than 5.1 .. but there is no double tap to wake up screen unfortunately :( sahme
Is the option to hide navbar back again in 5.1.1? My mate 7 is dead now so can't flash haha, tomorrow the repair service will pick it up so i have to wait a while

kareemgonna

Jun 4, 2012
Alexandria
Hi kareemgonna,

I just tried to do this, i mean i followed steps from second line" for a devices that startup",
I downloaded the first "update.app" file, placed it into my memory card in "dload " folder, went to updates and done local update, after that phone restarts and proceeds with update, but on 95% it just says "cust fail,update post process failed" something like that, it flashes really fast these words and then goes to screen where says "press power button to reboot"

What should i do ?

Happened with me too, try putting update.app in the internal storage in a folder named dload and delete the one you put on the SD card. Hope that helps..

zicojoksic

Jul 13, 2015
Ok guys i give up,

I have done all it could be possible to make this F phone to work and its a dead end always
Dont know what more to do seriously, didnt know huawei is such a piece of c*ap when it comes to "software" update/rollback

This is what i tried this time :

1 - downloaded a file that "@XDADEVX" gave me ► link (Its B308 for MT7 L09, same i have installed on my phone already)
2 - I copy it exactly how it is (zipped) into my memory card under "dload" folder
3 - went to settings, choosed local update, selected "update.app" file
4 - phone restarts, process of "update" starts and at 5% gives FAIL message (no explanations)

-
second time i gave it a shot without a memory card (as @kareemgonna recommended me to do)
1 - same downloaded file
2 - i copied it to dload folder but this time in my INTERNAL memory
4 - phone restarts, process of "update" starts and at 5% gives FAIL message (no explanations)

-
third "desperate" and "useless" shot too

1 - same downloaded file
2 - copied and this time EXTRACTED to my internal memory
4 - phone restarts, process of update starts and this time at 95% fails AGAIN (no explanations)

So my conclusion is, that this is seriously outdated way of "rollback" action
Or that i am seriously having some f up phone that could upgrade to Lolipop 5.1 crap and now cant go back to KitKat 4.4.2
Or either factory reset ...

apopet26

Jun 8, 2015
You need the rollback transition pack to install first. Do a little search my friend. Huawei website. Change language to Italy and then search transition pack. You install this first and then the kk firmware you want.

Sent from my HUAWEI MT7-L09 using XDA Free mobile app

zicojoksic

Jul 13, 2015
You need the rollback transition pack to install first. Do a little search my friend. Huawei website. Change language to Italy and then search transition pack. You install this first and then the kk firmware you want.

Sent from my HUAWEI MT7-L09 using XDA Free mobile app

Ok so I dont know why and how but i finally managed to downgrade my phone to KitKat 4.4.2 B127 !! :good:

1 / DTS SOUND OPTION WORKS NOW :good:
2 / FREE RAM MEMORY IS INCREASED TO 1GB NOW :good:
3 / SLIDE down from up left corner to open notifications only and SLIDE down from up right corner to open shortcuts WORKS NOW :good:

4/ LTE CAT 6 under mobile network settings STILL not working :bad::(
5/ MOTION CONTROL under settings STILL not working (blank page) :bad: :(
6 / FACTORY RESET FAILS :bad: :(
7/ TILT to change position of 'menu' STILL doesnt work :bad: :(

--- well atleast i am a bit calmed down now since I atleast managed to downgrade this c*ap to KitKat 4.4.2
Thak you all guys for your help <3 Love you all

PD : please if someone knows how to fix these missing options reply here
Thank you in advance

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello my friends,

As you may know our dear Mate 7 WILL RECEIVE the update to lollipop soon, I´m on the list of Huawei´s beta testing group. I will provide info and screenshots as I can.

I can not, and will not provide any download until Huawei considers the update stable.

Here goes a little taste of sweet Lollipop.

https://youtu.be/ApyuMd-d5m8

huaweimate7_lollipop.jpg

Please provide any bug report, with maximum info possible to Huawei Team on : [email protected]
    I just wanted to chime in on all the bitchin about not getting an Update:
    I'm part of the Android community for many, many years (starting with a htc desire (The original one...)) and if there is one thing consistent across al Manufacturers and Devices, it's people on XDA Complaining about not getting a specific Android Version at a specific Date.
    If learned a few things over the past years:
    1. If you want frequent Updates, choose Nexus or Apple. No other Manufacturer Can Satisfy our craving for Updates. I've had HTC, Samsung, LG and now Huawei.
    2. There is a reason Updates take so long:
    - First Google has to release the Updates to Manufacturers (Thats close to release, so that Android is close to finished)
    - Manufacturers have to Port their Custom UI to the new Android Version (This takes the most time, especially since we switched to ART on the newer Android Versions). It's basically a complete rewrite of their whole Software. By the Time this gets done and Alpha, Beta and what not tests, Nexus Devices are already Updated
    - In many cases new drivers have to be written. Google is making Android mainly for their Nexus Devices. So in Case of the MT7, there have to be drivers for at least 2 or 3 different Versions of the phone. All these have to be tested as well.
    3. Never rush Manufacturers, it just leads to messy Software getting released.
    4. In case of Android: Newer is not always better. The amount of complaints i've read about FC's, Battery draining, Slowness and what not is killing me. If you need a stable, daily driver with proper Performance, nothing beets 4.4.

Really, i would like fresh Software as well, but i'd rather wait for a properly tested finished Product. As is EMUI is one of the best Manufacturers Frontends and i'm really happy to have left Samsung with TW... If you feel better, change your build.prop to Display what ever Version Number you want ;)

One point where i'm with you is with release Dates getting pushed back. I can't stand Manufacturers putting out Dates before they know that they can make it. I think they all should take lesson from No man's sky. Never ever publish a set date before you are absolutely 100% sure you can make it.
    TL10. Rooting not possible now.
    Tried different recovery but all resulted in recovery mode not accessible. Had to flash again the lollipop extracted recovery.
    Tried KingRoot, arrived at 18%, rebooted, no root applied.

Its quite disappoinging to have to wait to restore all my apps... i will install just the main ones while waiting for a functional lollipop cwm...

(OTA for the Mate 7 Gold is uploading to my onedrive.... slowly...seems my internet provider decided i have to upload at 25kbs....)
    MT7-TL10V100R001C900B308 - European Update 13 June
    DOWNLOAD